Feeling Good

( 1 review )
+31-642610639

Prins Hendrikstraat 137, The Hague, Netherlands, 2518 HN

Juice, smoothie, and food bar. Has vegan cakes, sandwiches, wraps and salads. Open Tue-Sat 9:00am-6:00pm, Sun 10:00am-6:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Organic, Juice bar, Take-out, European

1 Review

First Review by Gudrun

Not feeling good - Edit

I had heard there was a new vegan place in The Hague and I decided to check it out today. Since I don't really live around the corner I doublechecked the opening times with the owner yesterday evening via FB chat. I was happy to hear they would open at 9 a.m and I said that I was looking forward to the vegan cakes. I arrived early and asked for the options. I was pointed to a few cakes which looked really beautiful. They had no other food at all. I started studying the cake menu and, while doing that, I started a conversation with the lady who I believe was the owner. It went somewhat like this:
- Is everything you sell vegan?
- Yes, all the cakes are vegan.
- And, apart from the cakes, is everything else vegan?
- Yes, all cakes are vegan.
- How about other things? I want to write a review for "Happy Cow", an international guide for vegetarians and vegans. You are presently listed as "vegan" there, but I would like to know if everything is really vegan. How is it with the use honey?
- There is no honey in the cakes, but if people want to put honey on it that is fine (???!).
- How about the sandwiches I read about?
- We have no sandwiches now, we opened only 3 weeks ago. But we will have sandwiches.
- Will those be 100% vegan?
- Yes. Oh, no, wait, there is spelt flour in them.
- Is spelt not vegan?
- No, that is gluten.
In the meantime I had spotted some dairy (buttermilk and other stuff) behind the bar.
- How about dairy?
- Oh, if people want it we have dairy for the smoothies.
- And the bread?
- We will have vegan mozzarella
- That is nice, but it looks like this is not a 100% vegan place. I will have the listing then changed to "vegetarian".
- Ok, maybe that is better then.
After I made my selection of the cakes:
- Oh, they just came out of the freezer. It will take about an hour for them to defreeze.
Maybe my bad that I assumed they would have food ready when open, but I feel I could have been warned when I approached them the day before. Luckily there was a Bagels & Beans in walking distance.

Return to The Hague Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Feeling Good closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.