American
Fast food
Take-out

A local food kisok that specialises in small batched vegan meats and cheeses. Also offers gyros, Chicago dogs, spinach artichoke dip, and cheesecake. Relocated from 324 North Leavitt. Located between Beat Kitchen and O’Briens. Open Mon 4:00am-4:30am. Hours are dependent on weather.

First Review by DieterBalcaen

carolinaortizs

Points +46

15 Oct 2023

Glad it exists!

I'm so glad there's a vegan option in the Riverwalk. It's pretty nice to get a bite by the river.

Portions are small tho. I got the gyro and my partner got the pizza. The gyro had a nicer taste but both were just okay.

(Wish they said it was gonna be a bit spicy - I hate spicy food. But that's ofc v personal)

Kinetic_Ken

Points +58

24 Sep 2023

Good option for a quick bite on the river

Cute little kiosk on the river that’s a good option if you’re looking for a quick bite on the go. I really like their chorizo sausages. The gyro was decent.

harjog90

Points +387

Vegetarian
14 Aug 2023

Okay taste / limited options

Very few items on the menu and when we went a few of the items were out of stock. Ended up getting the hot dog and was okay in taste. Portion size was also small for the price.

fdturner88

Points +72

12 Aug 2023

Very Good

I got the nachos and the gyro, both were delicious. I saw on another reviewer's post they said the proportions were a little on a smaller side. The nachos proportion was fine and the gyros proportion was acceptable.

portiii

Points +537

22 Jul 2023

Good Nachos

I had the vegan chilli cheese nachos and they were pretty good. The location is also great.

jchongster

Points +696

15 Jul 2023

Feed your head and belly

We ran into this place after a sightseeing boat tour and decided to give it a try. I ordered the pizza crunch wrap and found it satisfying — like a crunchy flattened Hot Pocket. My partner ordered the gyro and found it good, though the portion was a bit smaller, so he ended up eating half of my pizza crunch wrap !

Pros: Convenient location, Friendly service, Interesting local options

Cons: Gyro portion was less filling

Points +633

Feed Your Head Fed My Belly!😋

Finding myself back in Chicago this afternoon for just a few hours before I make my connecting train back to New York, I decided to take a stroll over by the Riverwalk. Almost hidden away in the midst of party boats, kiosks filles with revelers and tourists, I found Feed Your Head (thank goodness!) Jen (who actually left NYC and ended up feeding the Vegans of Chicago with these amazing curated Vegan meats and cheeses, suggested I pack a gyro to go, stating that none of the other offerings would hold up quite so well on the train. I concurred, and so she wrapped that up nicely, with all of the sauces and sides that go with it (so I'll have to post that photo later.) However, I decided I couldn't leave Chicago without chowing down the "606" Chicago Dog while seated riverside (the perfect weather certainly provided such incentive.) All I can say is, that Chicago Dog was insanely good. I'm sure the gyro will be too - I'll be sure and update this review! 😉
UPDATE: Just had the gyro, and it was also very good. It traveled well, and considering I didn't actually eat it until almost 24 hours later, I think Jen made a good recommendation. That said, I do admit to having preferred the Chicago Dog yesterday - I can't help but wonder if it would have held up just as well.

Updated from previous review on 2023-07-08

Pros: Customer Service, Chicago Dog - Awesome!, Gyro - Very good; traveled well.

08 Jul 2023

I took Amtrak to NY 2 months ago. The vegan food was ok but the train. You might want to check out Native Foods on Clark Street between Adams & Jackson. I recommend bringing food on the train ride back to NY.

08 Jul 2023

OMG....this is INSANE that you commented this, as I'm CURRENTLY walking directly over to Native Foods SPECIFICALLY to get food to bring on the train! I literally just stopped to take a photo and saw your comment here (sooooo "funny" huh?) Anyway, yeah, I LOVE traveling by train and will most likely be doing so again in a month or two, but as far as food on Amtrak, it SUCKS (I'm thinking of starting a campaign - they really need to step into the 21st century!)

08 Jul 2023

I also really enjoy traveling by train. I watched a YouTube video on traveling through Canada for 4 days. The vegan food looked pretty good. I always get a bedroom with the shower when I travel by train.

08 Jul 2023

I have to renew my passport (something I keep reminding myself to do). In the meantime, I plan on doing more U.S. travel between now and Spring 2024.

Awesome! October I’m going to Frankfurter, Germany

P.S. I just put in my order at Native Foods! 😉

08 Jul 2023

Where will you go next on Amtrak. I’m thinking of going to LA.

08 Jul 2023

I'm thinking of doing another "whirlwind" via L.A., San Diego, through Arizona, New Mexico, Texas 😁

09 Jul 2023

Sounds really beautiful. I’ve always wanted to ride the Coast Starlight train that runs along the Pacific Ocean.

blacksheep99

Points +16

10 Jun 2023

Amazing vegan food along the Chicago Riverwalk

Food was amazing! Service was great! We stopped multiple times on our trip. Tried both cheesecakes, the Chicago dog, the pizza Crunchwrap, and the spinach artichoke dip. Will be back again before we leave!

Pros: Reasonably priced, Wonderful food, All vegan!

DieterBalcaen

Points +51

09 Oct 2022

Really good

Little food kiosk in the marketplace on the Chicago Riverwalk. Really friendly and fast service.

Pros: Really good food, Very friendly, Decently priced