CLOSED: Feed Body and Soul

Contact 310-450-5550

1239 Abbot Kinney Blvd, Venice, California, USA, 90291

Serves meat, vegan options available. California-style cuisine that's very veg-friendly. Includes pickled roots and veggies, grain bowls, sandwiches, salads, daily soup, and vean baked goods. Has fresh juices and smoothies. Trendy and upbeat atmosphere. Confirmed closed, Jan 2016. Open Mon-Sun 7:00am-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, Juice bar, Delivery, Take-out, Fusion, Non-veg

First Review by Chia

Healthy, Flavorful - Edit

I read on happycow that this place had just opened and couldn't wait to give a try. Their online menu seemed very vegan and vegetarian friendly. Stopped in for lunch this week, February 2013. Here's my Feed Body & Soul review.

It's a very trendy, more upscale yet casual kind of place--fits right into the yuppie Abbot Kinney vibe. The prices are rather moderate/fair for being on this trendy street.

My friend and I shared a roasted cauliflower salad sandwich and it was tasty, $10. It was sweetened with plump raisins and we choose a buckwheat bread.

We also got a bowl, though presented on a plate, with choice of wild rice + roasted root veggies + pumpkin sauce, $12. That was super good. I could have eaten 2 servings of that all by myself. The portion was on the small side.

Soup of the day was a ginger-spiced butternut soup. Cup size is small, flavor good, served pipin' hot.

We also drank a green smoothie (very ginger-y) and took home a vegan scone (yum).

Nice patio seating in the back. Very busy. Good menu selections. Would definitely return.

Pros: healthy choices, good flavors, vegan baked goods

Cons: portions on the small side

Return to Venice Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Feed Body and Soul closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1599 times since Feb 2013.