FED by Water

• Friend
Contact +44-2072496242

64 Kingsland High St (at Dalston Kingsland station), East London, England, E8 2LX

A new concept restaurant offering authentic traditional Italian cuisine with the objective of bringing the nutritional importance of pure water to the public conscience. It promotes an alkaline Mediterranean plant based diet that encourages healthy living while also appealing to the most discerning foodies. Menu became all-vegan in May 2016. Open Mon-Fri 8:00am-11:00pm, Sat-Sun 10:00am-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Pizza, Italian, Mediterranean, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Catering

First Review by Emilykmiec

Amazing pizza - Edit

Look the food is pricey, even by London standards, but the calzone was probably the best vegan pizza I've ever had. It was absolutely delicious, filled with sausage and other "meats". I tried some of the other pizzas too. All superb. Really worth a visit, though come with your savings...

FabFedLondon 06 Mar 2017 - Hi there,

Thank you so much for your lovely review. We are so happy that you love what we do, and hope to see you again very soon :)

Amazing - Edit

I went with my pal and it was so filling the nutrients were so powerful I loved the experience also the staff were so chilled it was awesome shout out to Fabio, Antonio, Bianca and Marek

Pros: all vegan , chilled environment , relaxed staff

FabFedLondon 06 Mar 2017 - Hi there Owen,

Thank you so much for your lovely review! We are so happy you love our staff, as they love all of our customers!! We really hope to see you again soon!

decent food ... - Edit

I always have a decent meal here. I love the idea of it but I often feel like it's trying to be fancy/ gourmet just to charge higher prices. I also find the staff a bit standoffish and unfriendly. However I will inevitably go back as sadly there's not many vegan restaurants in the area.

FabFedLondon 06 Mar 2017 - Hi there,

We are really sorry if you had a bad experience with a staff member and this is something we will defiantly be looking into, so thank you for bringing this to our attention. In regards to the change of menu and prices, all we are trying to do is improve the quality of our food in order to provide an authentic Italian experience to the vegan community. Good food takes time to prepare, and we try to source only the finest ingredients from Italy which unfortunately costs (Brexit didn't help matters either!)

Hopefully you will approve of our new menu which will be out within the next few days, and we really appreciate your custom.

Nice food but a bit pricey - Edit

Nice little place, very busy when we were there so great to see so many people eating vegan food! We had firey hot pizza which was good with fake vegan meats and a lasagna, plus garlic bread to start. All was nice but it's a lot more expensive than other places of similar quality.

The best! - Edit

One of my favorite places in London!

I have been there quite a few times and every time i love everything they give me :D

Pizzas, pastas, desserts.. everything is just incredible!
Service is also very friendly which is a big bonus.

Good Food - Edit

Really good food. We had pizzas and they were really tasty. Really nice staff and a good environment. The only bad thing is pizzas are £15 and salads are £12 and some starters are £9 so it is quite expensive if you add wine as well. Good quality but too much money for pizza and salad.

FabFedLondon 18 Jan 2017 - Hi There,

Thank you for your feedback! We really appreciate it as it helps us to improve.

We are really glad that you loved the food, our staff and the restaurant as a whole as we try really hard to accommodate everyone and make them happy.

In regards to the pricing of our dishes, we ensure that every ingredient we use is at the highest quality along with our staff (who earn more than minimum wage, which is standard across a lot of other restaurants) and other offerings. Unfortunately quality costs and often reflects in the menu price. Our portion sizes are also above recommended sizes and we distribute hundreds of biodegradable take away boxes for those who cannot finish their meals, not to mention the amount we pay for rent, business rate and taxes and the fact business rates will be increasing next year. You will be surprised how much it costs for us to produce gourmet dishes from 11am to 11pm 7 days a week, made by our loyal and dedicated team

With that in mind, we hope to see you again very soon.
Best wishes,

eating out of a packet.. - Edit

Chat conversation start
4k people like this
Vegetarian/Vegan Restaurant
22:12
i have been vegan for 25 years and eaten in some grate places allover the world and was really excited about eating hear after reading the reviews, well the starter had grated cheese straight out of a packet! i know this as there was some of the plastic packet was in the starter! and the pizza had meat style stuff on it and that was out of a packet too, as was the pasta my friend had she knows as she's italian. when i went to pay the bill i took the bit of plastic with me and they knocked off the service charge and the price of one beer..will NOT be going again. the reply i go haha
Hi there Matt, We are sorry that there was a bit of plastic in your food and it really isn't acceptable at all, and thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. The parmesan we use is out of a packet due to the fact we do not have the space in our kitchen to make our own and we like the brand, although the carpaccio itself is home made in store along with our cashew cheese mozzarella, cashew basil cheese and cashew paprika cheese that we use for the pizzas, mouthgasm platter and our salentina pasta. In regards to our pasta, it is cooked on the spot, but again, our kitchen is far too small for us to be able to make pasta from scratch and store it appropriately although this is something we want to do in the future once we have a large enough space. Everything we use is of the best quality we can find and our pasta is made by Garofalo (trafilata al bronzo)
which is one of the best Italian brands out there. We removed the service charge from your bill, the price of the beer as well as a percentage of your pizza (due to a misunderstanding as we thought you found it in your pizza and not the starter, but that was clarified after you had paid) We do really appreciate your feedback, and again we are sorry that you had a bad experience with us. Thanks again and have a great Christmas
warmed up food and a lot of it out of packets! this i not a good advert for vegan food. ever get the feeling you have been had...

Pros: well it was food

Cons: plastic in my mouth after eating the starter, wayyyyy over priced, a lot of the stuff up and or out of packets

FabFedLondon 26 Dec 2016 - Hi Matt, we think you are not upset but you have a problem with us for some reason.
We have already answered to you when you messaged us directly on facebook, and now you are writing on every single social network platform we are on, but the answer will be the same and we do not understand how you can be a vegan for 25 years and have very little compassion for an independent vegan restaurant. Are you considering opening a 100% vegan Italian restaurant of your own? That said, here below is the same answer we gave you on Google and all the other platforms you have written on.

Dear Matthew, we are very sorry about your experience and we do apologise again as we did already on site and in the message you have copied here from our Facebook conversation. Still we dont see the point you writing on every single channel of the universe as the answer will be the same as follow. We must remind you that pasta made from scratch is not something you find easily anywhere (even all over Italy) and as explained, we wish to do fresh pasta but we would need so much space which we do not have. We do some gnocchi sometime but that is about it for the restaurant size we have. On the other hand there are not many restaurants that cook dry pasta on the spot as we do, so straight from the box, which should made you happy as generally speaking you get pasta pre-cooked which taste bad if you want a proper pasta al dente (even if you dont really). Our dry pasta is excellent, one of the best brands in Italy and its unique for the way it gets produced (so bronze finishing). Then we do create the majority of our products from scratch as we explained (and consider we have more than 65 preparations daily for satisfying a ridiculous massive menu we have, probably the biggest vegan menu in the all UK). We buy just an handful of prepared products we cannot make on site due to space constrains, this is limited to very few items which are not worth making, so we find your comment not appropriate and misleading. Finally, about our pricing as you were saying we are expensive. Unfortunately London prices are ridiculously high, rent is killing, business rates even more (and we just learnt from the council they are increasing it for 2017); we do not pay the minimum salary but strive to pay living salary for all our employees as they cannot survive otherwise; on the top of this our goods are prime quality therefore we do pay a lot for what we cook for you. All the best

pizza - Edit

The pizza is amazing and I've tried their skewers and potato slices. Fave vegan place for pizza and Italian food! The service is always great

FabFedLondon 11 Dec 2016 - Hi Chantelle,

Thank you so much for your review! The Spiedini is one of our faves too, although the carbonara is really something else!!!

We really hope to see you again soon and keep an eye out for our new specials :)

Fed management.

no words! - Edit

They are no words!! I came back TWICE in one day. Just order everything!

FabFedLondon 11 Dec 2016 - Hi Ivy,

Thank you so much! We are really happy that you loved what we do and really hope to see you again soon!

Thanks again,
Fed Management

Very good pizza 🍕! - Edit

Cozy restaurant and lots of vegan options.

Cons: A bit expensive maybe?

FabFedLondon 25 Nov 2016 - Hi Tanya,

Thank you for your response. We really value all feed back and we are so happy you enjoyed your meal with us!

Hope to see you again soon!

One of my favourite restaurants in London - Edit

I've been here SO many times now, it's where I bring all my meat eating friends to show them just how good us vegans have it. I brought a huge group of 12 here a few weeks ago, mostly meat eaters and everyone was floored by the food. Very hearty pizzas, pastas, salads, desserts, a few raw options too. The lasagna is my favourite thing on the menu but I like a lot of the pizzas too. I just keep coming back to try everything!

Pros: Food is incredible, Very easy location, Great atmosphere for a smart dinner

Cons: a little pricey but totally worth it, booking is essential

FabFedLondon 19 Nov 2016 - Hi Sundal,

Thank you so much for your review, we really appreciate all feedback and we are so so happy your omni friends approve!!

Hope to see you again soon!
Esther
Assistant Manager

such a good feed - Edit

very trendy with a friendly vibe. the food was incredible!

Pros: great tasting food

Cons: none

FabFedLondon 19 Nov 2016 - Hi There!!

Thank you so much for your review! We are really glad you enjoy what we do and we hope to see you again very soon!

Esther
Assistant Manager.

great cooking skills in a fully vegan kitchen - Edit

Loved this place.

I didn't expect much from it considering the area but I was nicely surprised.
It's way more than the usual hipster vegan joint. I truly felt like there was some creativity behind each recipes and the choices is unusually big.
It goes from fully raw dishes to pizza and deserts.
I had an amazing pizza with broccoli cream and soy sausage. The have homemade cashew cheese too.
The portions are also descent sizes (which I found hard to find in those kind of "healthy" vegan places)

It's a bit pricey but it's totally worth it considering the quality of food and the craft behind it.

The service is also fine.
Not a big fan of the decor but that's irrelevant.

Pros: choices, quantity , taste

FabFedLondon 19 Nov 2016 - Hello Billy!

Thank you so much for your review. We really appreciate all feedback, and we are so happy you enjoyed your experience with us (minus the decor!!)

We really hope to see you again soon!

Fed Team

aubergine parmigiana - Edit

The aubergine parmigiana is utterly sublime. Cannot recommend this dish highly enough.

Large menu with loads of options.

Service is slow as others have said, and it is a tad punchy on price (for example, £10 for a bowl of soup and bread, £7 for garlic bread... that's before service charge)

FabFedLondon 10 Oct 2016 - Dear NicolaJMS, thanks a lot for your review.
We are pleased you had a great time and that you enjoyed our food. Service is something that we are currently working on, along with our timing. Although it can become quite difficult to send out freshly prepared, great tasting food thats made on the spot in a shorter period of time. But thats the "price" for a gourmet dish.

Just a little note, garlic bread costs £ 3.95 so you probably you took 2 of them :)
We hope to see you again soon, all the best
FED Management

Good concept but pricey - Edit

I tried this place before it went completely vege, the vegan pizzas then were very good. After the change, the price seems to have gone up. Nevertheless, great initiative - vegan pizza is definitely something we need more of, be better if wasn't so pricey though :/
Vegan tirimisu was ok...personally prefer JustFab's.

Pros: concept

Cons: price

I really enjoyed this place - Edit

This was my favorite place in London. I ate here twice, once for dinner and once for lunch. The service is great. The people are great. The atmosphere is great. And the food is outstanding. It's all Italian. If you want Italian, this is your place. Great calzones.

Wonderful place - Edit

I love everything about this place. The food was amazing, portions are massive and not very expensive and the staff incredibly nice and helpful. Even the owner came to our table twice to ask if we like the food. We tried 2 pizzas, lasagne, drinks and panna cotta and everything was really delicious. I wish it was closer to my home to visit more often.

Return to East London Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has FED by Water closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.