Fatsquatch PDX - Food Cart

503-702-9022

3423 SE Belmont, Portland, Oregon, USA, 97214

Vegan food cart serving up a fusion of Southern and self-described, 'stoner food'. Open Thu-Sat 12:00pm-8:00pm. Open hours vary.

Categories: Vegan, American, Fast food, Catering, Take-out only

First Review by katypine

So freakin’ good!! - Edit

First time here and got the special Reuben Fries. They are so good I can’t even think of the appropriate words do do them justice. You. Must. Eat. Here.

Pros: Food, prices, location

Cons: Nope

Awesome food. - Edit

One of the best vegan spots in Portland. Come here hungry.

Pros: Smoked garlic buffalo wings

best fried food in the multiverse - Edit

Rad person behind this operation crafting cozy fried food that's good for your freaking soul. I love the Sasquatch lore integrated into the cart, it was nice having a chat about this. I too believe that Sasquatch is a vegan! :D
The sauces are handmade, and the food lovingly prepared and delicious. The jalapeño poppers were out of this world, and dipping sauces accompanying were SO good. I made a kamakazi dip of the chipotle ranch, BBQ, and the amazing beefree honey mustard! Hot damn. Eat here when you have a hankering for some serious soul food made by hands of a hard-working badass who loves life and community.
I'll be back again and again.

swear to god - Edit

Let me start off by saying that the folks behind the counter & at the grill are... AMAZING. Their interaction with us customers is so honest & full of love. They really enjoy what they're doing & it shows. They are all about sharing current & future food options & listening to us rant about what our 'amazing' ideas for food are.

Next, you should look at their hours of operation. I paid no attention to this detail, which led me to visit the cart during their off times. All this did was make me want it even more when I finally got to have some.

Now to the food.
We started with deep-fried avocado, filled with 'cream cheese' & bac'un, served with their house-made ranch sauce.
AMAZING!
We also tried their stuffed jalapenos. They only give you two, sheesh! OK, but they're the size of a damn plantain! (totally needs to be served by weight not count... LOTS O'PEPPERS!)
AMAZING!
With their meals, you get a choice of bowl, wrap, or salad.
Our 'main' course (which we took home) was the "Ozark Bowl" which is: vegan cheesy (I normally don't eat) grits, (delicious) BBQ soy curls, black beans, slaw, red onion, tomato, and their 'house-made' vegan ranch.
It was SOOO delicious!!! The serving sizes are made for giants... or a hungry large (fatsquatch-esque) stoner like myself. (Even though it took two attempts to finish the bowl).
So worth the fight!
They offer things we couldn't even think of ordering (at that moment) Like the 'Fatsquatch'. It's a platter of amazing fried goodness, which serves THREE to FOUR people!!! WHAT?! Yeah. So it has fried pickles, fried onion rings, fried chick'n fingers, not'zzerella sticks, again, it feeds THREE to FOUR people!!
(so we're planning a day, just for this meal)
So.... my wrap up is... if you want Vegan food, that feels like everything you couldn't eat before. Deep fried. Served up with a lot of love & TONS of flavor, then head out to Fatsquatch. You will NOT be disappointed!!

Pros: Delicious options!, HUGE portions!, Great people running the cart!

Cons: they need to be open 24hrs , they need delivery service

Good location, good food - Edit

I visited this food cart with my 8 year old daughter and she declares the food delicious! It doesn't have a very extensive menu, but it all looks good, mostly along the lines of deep-fried bar food, there is also the option to salad-ize. And pickle chips! If you've got hankering for some down and dirty vegan grub, this is a good bet. Daughter had the chik'n strips and I had the Erie salad, both yum!

Pros: All vegan, good prices, friendly staff

Cons: Not extensive menu, high caloric!

Return to Portland Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Fatsquatch PDX - Food Cart closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.