• Fat Badgers Pizza Bar

Pizza
Beer/Wine
Take-out
Non-veg

Serves meat, vegan options available. Ask for the vegan menu which includes a selection of vegan starters such as garlic bread, magic mushrooms and curry fries as well as pizza with vegan cheese. Open Mon-Sun 12:00pm-4:00am.

Venue map for Fat Badgers Pizza Bar
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by Davesw

BendySpoon

Points +93

03 Sep 2023

Great 'Za, but expensive

This would be an instant 4-star, with the big vegan selection for both pizzas and sides, cheese quality, and vibes, but the expense holds it back. Seriously, $30 for a regularly-sized 'za? Are you jerkin my gherkin? The huge pizzas are $50-60, which have a certain novelty to them, but there's no reason a regular pizza needs to be that costly.
Anyhow, I had the Vegan Princess, which was great, and stuffed portobello mushrooms on the side. I'll return again once I sell my house and can afford it.

AmberFlamank

Points +248

30 Aug 2023

Pretty good, busy place

Separate vegan section on the menu, lots of options. I got the vegan veggie and my partner got the vegan Princess. Both tasty pizzas, the medium pizza size is a bit small but that is the only option for the gluten free base. The toppings were only light so the pizza wasn’t awfully filling. Otherwise I enjoyed it. We had Winnie’s pizza the night before which was incredible and unfortunately Fat Badger’s doesn’t compare, plus Fat Badger’s is more expensive.

Updated from previous review on 2023-08-30

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Tasty pizza

Cons: Not many toppings on pizza

aimee__a

Points +155

26 Apr 2023

Good, but not great

We ordered a vegan margherita pizza and poutine for 2 to share, which was enough but only just. We ordered on ubereats and it was ridiculously expensive for what it was. The chips on the poutine were a bit undercooked and it was a bit bland too.

Pros: Nice pizza, Lots of options

Cons: Expensive , Average portion sizes

MoonBean123

Points +69

16 Mar 2023

Yummy

Nice to have a dedicated vegan menu. You can get two flavours on one pizza. The vegan poutine was a bit bland and homogeneous, I think plain fries would be nice. One medium pizza to share is a good size for two people.

DaynaManser

Points +93

12 Mar 2023

Delicious

Great pizza I had the Vegan Princess leftovers can be boxed up to take home . The cheese melt was incredible…

Updated from previous review on 2023-03-12

Pros: Clear Vegan menu

Cons: Pricey

CoteMedina

Points +392

05 Dec 2022

Love the food!

Have tried the vegan poutine and some pizzas, and they were great!

Updated from previous review on 2022-06-20

TrevorBNE

Points +70

15 Nov 2022

Expensive but absolutely enormous pizzas

The large option would easily feed 4 people even without sides. But the vegan cheesy garlic bread is definitely worth getting as well!

Pros: Huge serving size!, Vegan cheese was great, Huge range of vegan options

Cons: Expensive-ish (NZD $55 for large vegan pizza)

nicole_m

Points +3127

23 Jul 2022

Want to return to try more

We only tried the margarita pizza, which was really nice, so I’m keen to come back and try more

Pros: Well marked vegan options, Friendly staff

Cons: Drinks menu needed updating

Danybeps

Points +66

18 Mar 2022

The best vegan pizza

This truly was the best vegan pizza I ever had. It was just amazing. 100% recommended

JCLove

Points +38

31 Dec 2020

Lots of amazing vegan cheese, adaptable staff

Got a 12" pizza (The Princess - vegan), cheesy garlic bread, and curry fries between two people, it was probably too much for both of us but ended getting through all of it because it was so good. They have very tasty vegan cheese and know to use a lot of it.

The kitchen was out of one or two ingredients/condiments but the staff knew good substitutes and had enough other vegan ingredients on hand that the meal was basically unchanged.

Not the cheapest but very filling for what you pay for, would be good for a large group or after an active day.

JamesLittle

Points +20

12 Jul 2020

Really impressed with vegan pizza

Easy to order vegan pizza options online. Excellent cheezy alternative base.

LuccianeSurtees

Points +22

03 Jan 2020

YUMMO

Delicious! ordered the vegan cheesy curry chips which were scrumdelum - ordered the large portion which was enough to share between two people on its own. Veggie badger with cheese is yummy - we ordered the 12” but the larger size looked huge! Fast and friendly service. If we come back to Queenstown we’ll visit again 😊

VegoWorthy

Points +458

27 Sep 2019

Always a good feed

I’ve been here before several times as before I went vegan. First visit as a began. All vegetarian pizzas can be made vegan for an extra $2. Vegan garlic breads and other vegan starters available too.

HayleyManning

Points +54

14 Jun 2019

Tasty food!

Great vegan options, the vegan cheese they use is really nice! Would recommend! Only downside is the price. I had the veggie badger , curry cheese chips and cheesy garlic bread:)

DuncanMacbethLead

Points +1183

03 Jun 2019

Tasty pizza, but there’s better in town

The pizzas here were pretty good, but for the cost I wouldn’t say I was amazed. Especially as it cost $2 to make it vegan, and that didn’t include vegan cheese for me as they’d run out. Furthermore, I found a piece of ham in my pizza when it came, so cross-contamination would appear likely. The good news is that they can swap something like feta for another topping.

Cons: Expensive, Cross-contamination definitely a risk

Gabylonz

Points +984

02 May 2019

Nice pizza!

They have a vegan menu. The big size pizza is huge. Flavours are interesting, not very traditional. Garlic bread is actually a garlic pizza, sometimes too salty for me. If you go there on a crowdy day, you'll probably have to wait a lot. Staff is friendly, but they get busy!

Pros: Big pizza ends up being $ convenient, Vegan menu has more than pizza, Tasty food

Cons: Vegan options are more expensive, Big pizza gets cold before you eat it, Too much salt, not very healthy

cjmcd

Points +40

22 Apr 2019

Great food!

They have a vegan menu that you just need to ask for, pizzas are huge! And the curry fries were amazing! Would eat here again!

Pros: Separate vegan menu, Friendly staff

nikki_g123

Points +116

20 Apr 2019

Pizzzzza

Super exciting that they have a vegan menu that includes pizza and curry chips! Would eat again and again.

AlcoholBarista

Points +264

03 Apr 2019

American Style Pizza

Very yummy pizza, can buy 12” & 22” pizzas with options to make the vegetarian pizzas vegan. They don’t always have vegan cheese available. On site bar with there own beer. It isn’t the healthiest pizza! So be careful how much you have!

Pros: Great value for money.

Cons: Vegan Menu not always available.

jennygrace15

Points +40

01 Apr 2019

Delicious

Best vegan pizza I’ve had in a while

Pros: Plenty of vegan options, Tastes great

Cons: Pricey

AlineAnhaia

Points +971

17 Feb 2019

Good

Giant pizza, good for the price but not too tasty.

Davesw

Points +3228

16 Feb 2019

Good vegan cheese

We got a pizza with vegan cheese and vegan garlic bread (with vegan pesto!). Both were tasty, and different from other pizza places (cheese was more like cheddar flavor than mozzarella, but still worked well for us). Thin crust pizza (garlic bread was thin crust too, kind of like garlic & cheese pizza without tomato sauce).

Cons: Vegan options not on main menu.