First Review by hack_man

Very Happy Vegan Tourist - Edit

Stumbled across this today as I am visiting Newcastle (From Geelong, Victoria, Australia) and was amazed! Such a small shop with a great selection and even better prices!
I purchased some snacks to have for my flight home and also purchased an Oreo Brownie (to indulge in then and there), and it was superb!
Well done guys! I'm impressed and it says a lot coming from near Melbourne where we have such great options!!! 😍

Fabulous stock for a small store - Edit

I stumbled across this place on a recent trip to Newcastle and was very surprised by the amount of choice they have for such a small store. I was gutted I couldn't buy lots of refrigerated and frozen products but I definitely stocked up on chocolate items! I stopped in here for a herbal tea and slice of cake which was also really good. Definitely worth a visit

Pros: Great range of products, Friendly

Cons: limited seating

Gorgeous! - Edit

Such a lovely place with solid belief in what they are doing and why.
Brought my non vegan husband for lunch and he loved his Spanish sandwich and cookie sandwich.
Will keep coming for delicious food and shopping. Well done to all the staff for making such a quaint little place!

Pros: Food treats, Fresh baguette, Shop of vegan things, many not available elsewhere

Cons: Please fix coffee machine :)

great shop - Edit

lovely shop with a lovely cause.
great selection of chilled and frozen products (4-5 fridges) and almost everything else you need for your home.
fantastic staff including volunteers. had a soft spot already after they organised a veg festival in Edinburgh this year, and this just confirmed how good they are.

Pros: vegan, location, staff

quiet little gem - Edit

Wonderful to find this sweet little cafe and food shop when visiting Newcastle. Lovely vegan goods for sale plus a nice little menu including smoothies, toasties & cakes. Service isn't quick but is not to bad and I love the fact theres no music in the background.

Pros: good food, quiet, vegan comfort food

Cons: slow service, small menu, limited seating

Vegan breakfast was nice - Edit

This is primarily a vegan food shop but they serve tea and coffee and will make you cheese on toast if you're looking for breakfast or lunch. We also brought in our own bread rolls and bought some vegan cheese and slices in the shop and made our own sandwiches. Their coffee is lovely and we were really grateful to have some place to have a vegan brekkie.

super store - Edit

It is wonderful that Newcastle now has a fully vegan food store. I could spend a fortune in this store and that is not down to the prices which are reasonable for an independent store such as this but because they have a such a great selection of perishable and non perishable products and we always sample something new and exciting when we visit. The staff are friendly and informative and it has a community type feeling when you visit. This place gives you faith in humanity,it's such a nice feeling to be around other like minded people who are choosing to buy products that have not harmed a single animal in any way.

Pros: 100% vegan, great selection of vegan foods, good value

Paradise. - Edit

Oh, what joy! A whole café and shop in which EVERYTHING IS VEGAN! They are in the process of making it fancier but it already looks quite good. Has vegan *deep breath* marshmallows, chocolate of all kinds (well, not sugar-free yet), milk, protein powder, mayonnaise, tinned ready meals, tinned tofu, seitan etc, paté, household products and bodycare! In the fridges and freezer cabinets are sausages, steaks, burgers, pies, rashers, many types of cheese including Vegusto and the excellent Tyne Chease, pizza and pasties. Phew! The café (which has a single disabled toilet) has savouries like vegetable pies and sausage rolls plus many cakes, including things like Danish pastries that I haven't had for years. These come wrapped in plastic that looks unfriendly to the environment but turns out to be biodegradable; they've thought of everything! The staff are also lovely. (When I was arsy and complained that my last hot chocolate hadn't been hot they gave me a v hot one with a load of whipped cream on top!)

Pros: Everything

Cons: You will come out quite poor!

Nice Vegan Shop - Edit

nice little vegan shop have a good range of vegan food.

Pros: lots of vegan options, great location

No longer a chaz shop - Edit

The jumble of charity clothing has gone to another location and this is now Newcastle's largest city centre vegan only food store. I was impressed with the products here including the full range of Tyne Cheases as well as pure protein vegan steaks which look and feel like the real thing. Gladly, they aren't of course. For the sweet tooth, there is a good selection of Anandas vegan marshmallows as well other varieties of confectionery.

Pros: Vegan cheeses, Vegan deli , Confectionery

Return to Newcastle Upon Tyne Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Farplace Animal Rescue closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.