Farmers Market Store

• Health Store
Contact 808-669-7004

3636 Lower Honoapiilani Rd (at Honokowai, West Maui), Lahaina, Hawaii, USA, 96761

All vegetarian natural food and grocery store with a deli and juice bar. Sits across from the beach/park area. Offers a variety of products including fresh produce, natural body care products, nutritional supplements, refrigerated and frozen food, packaged dried food, tofu, non-dairy milks, baby food, and more. Small store but very well-stocked. Deli features sandwiches, hot foods, soups, salad bar, and juice bar. Everything in the store is either vegetarian with dairy or vegan, but no eggs. On Mon, Wed, Fri, outdoor market from 7am-11am.

First Review by jersam

Farmer's Market Store - Edit

I was a little let down by the "farmers market" name, they really didn't have much in terms of fruits and veggies. I was really hoping to get some dragon fruit at the very least and they didn't have any. They do have many vegan items in the packaged foods section, this would certainly be a good place to go if you need to stock up some groceries for your vacation, but don't go here expecting to get all kinds of fruits and veggies.

Wow they really pack in everything - Edit

We have a small addiction to GT's Kombucha, and at $5.69 a bottle here its the most expensive I've ever seen it! Its $4.99 at the HFS near the airport. This is a great HFS, though. They have everything and then some. What you pay in extra mark ups you save in gasoline back to Whole Foods...

Pros: selection, freezer

Cons: prices

I had read about this place on happycow, and have shopped (and eaten) here several times during my last 2 trips to Maui. Here's my Farmers Market Store review.

The market is a small but decent size enough, and it's well-stocked with just about anything one needs in terms of food, goods, and supplements. You will find packaged and dried foods, a chilled food like tofu and tempeh products, fresh fruit and vegetable, some bulk grains and nuts, lotions and supplements, etc...

The prices are okay, higher than on mainland US, but this is Maui and most things are more expensive here anyway.

What I would like to see improved is a better place of origin labels for the vegetable and fruit. While some items were labeled as "local," many were not labeled at all and left me to wonder if they were or not.

Pros: has local fruits, good selections

Great veggie place in Kaanapali area - Edit

We found this place near the end of our stay in Maui - too bad I had to eat in some way overpriced "traditional" restaurants. We loved the cold and hot salad bar and they also allow you to sample just about everything.If you want a fine dining experience, this is not the place, but if you like it casual or take-out,this is for you. A nice store, too, that has a good selection of natural foods.

Return to Lahaina Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Farmers Market Store closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4625 times since Aug 2007.