Farmers Gastropub

417-864-6994

431 S Jefferson Ave, Ste 160, Springfield, Missouri, USA, 65806

Serves meat, vegan options available. Neighborhood pub that sources from local farmers and supplies. Please send menu details to happycow - whether any vegan food is offered or not! Open Mon-Wed 11:00am-9:00pm, Thu-Sat 11:00am-10:30pm, Sun 11:00am-4:00pm.

Category: Lacto, American, Organic, Beer/Wine, British, Non-veg

First Review by booner1ster

Great in Concept - Edit

Farmer's Gastropub is absolutely great in concept - farm-to-table fare that celebrates fresh food in all its glory. Unfortunately, in the mid-west, fresh food is limited to a ton of meat options with some vegetarian options and absolutely nothing for us fare vegans.

And it's not their fault that they don't have anything for us. The idea of a vegan lifestyle isn't lost on them and if you ask for it, the new head chef/owner and his trusty Sous Chef will bend over backward to try to suit your needs. They understand what vegan is... they just don't understand WHY someone would want to negate their tastebuds of everything that they get joy of. I don't say this as someone who has simply visited Farmer's... I say this after a long discussion had about veganism with the Sous Chef.

And that's okay... it's just not a restaurant for us. In concept, I would tell all my meat eating friends to eat there, because if that's your life choice, I'd rather you be supporting Bob who has a farm over there with some animals that are at least treated somewhat decently living next to his asparagus patch. And to start a food revolution, Farmer's Gastropub and the concept behind it, is a good start.

They would do well adding non-meat or smothered with dairy options, but give it time and maybe the new Chef/Owner will come around.

Pros: Farm-to-table, Environment, Drinks

Cons: Not Vegan Friendly

Not impressed - Edit

I visited this local restaurant last weekend and was very let down. I called ahead to see if they could accommodate someone who is vegan and they gladly spoke with the chef and came back and said yes. When I arrived they acted like it was a problem and that they didn’t have barely any vegan options. I basically ate a side of veggies. I would not recommend this restaurant.

Pros: Vegetabes on menu if youre starving

Cons: No non dairy milk options

Great Place - Edit

Wish there were more places like this.

Pros: locally sourced, great atmosphere, good prices

Return to Springfield Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Farmers Gastropub closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.