Farmers Deli Cafe

Contact 808-669-7004

3636 Lower Honoapiilani Rd (at Honokowai, near Ka'anapali, West Maui), Lahaina, Hawaii, USA, 96761

All vegetarian deli at the front of the Farmers Market health food store. Hot foods bar and soups start at around 10am and is 50% off after 6pm. Hot main entrees, salad bar, smoothies, fresh pressed organic juices bar, breads, desserts, and coffee. All food is either vegetarian with dairy or vegan, but no eggs. Vegans to read labels or ask.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Buffet, Fast food, Salad bar, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by clark

Great hot and salad bar vegan options - Edit

We stopped at the cafe for a quick meal, and found plenty of vegan options, that were clearly marked, at the salad bar, hot bar, and in the coolers with pre-packed wraps (raw and cooked). Everything we piled on our plates was delicious, and the smoothies looked fantastic- we just didn't have room after we ate our meals.

Pros: Fair prices, Great vegan selections, clearly indicated, Fast option for takeout or quick eat in

great spot in west maui - Edit

This is a deli and health food store, not a "farmers market" in the mainland sense.

But it's a great spot for lunch and the people are super friendly.

Pros: deli, smoothie bar

Cons: not cheap but nothing in Hawaii is

Check out the guacamole - Edit

Our condo was located about a mile from here so we stopped here multiple times during the week.

Their smoothies and acai bowls were both great breakfast options - a large coconut acai bowl was plenty for two people for breakfast. I also highly recommend trying their guacamole (but beware it tends to sell out before lunch), vegan chicken sandwich filling, and olive/garlic spread.

If you come by around 6 pm they mark all of the hot dishes from their salad bar down by 50%.

If they have vegan banana bread I suggest picking up a loaf - it's excellent.

Pros: great food, open early, friendly staff

Cons: run out of some food early

Farmer's Deli Cafe - Edit

This deli is located within the farmers market. I tried their coconut cake and some chili, both pretty good. My bf got a bagel and cream cheese and thought it as average. Their store-made hummus and tapioca pudding is also good but nothing to write home about.

Best veg option for lunch on northwest Maui - Edit

I had read about this place on happycow, and had stopped in several times during my past two trips to Maui. Here's my Farmers Deli Cafe review.

As soon as we had first pulled into its parking lot, I noticed the freshly painted large signage above the store entrance reading, "Farmers Market." To find healthy vegetarian-friendly food is an exciting adventure since there are so few pure veg options on the entire island of Maui (all the pure veg options are already listed on HappyCow).

Inside the store, there is a large deli area with a few wooden tables for seating. The deli area is where the staff prepare the sandwiches and make the smoothies and vegetable juices.

A little further in is the desserts case, hot foods bar with 6 main entrees, and the salad bar to the side. On the back side of the hot foods bar is the soups station, and next to it, a refrigerated case with salsa, guacamole, dips, potato salad, hummus, and carrot cashew pate containers.

My husband I would get several dishes to share. We've tried the carrot coconut curry soup, the vegetarian bean chili, container of potato dill salad, creamy baked tofu & veggies hot dish (with veganaise), and greens from the salad bar.

After our meal, we'd shopped, and take with us a custom fresh pressed juice and a piece of chocolate cake or dessert.

Overall, the savory food was pretty flavorful and tasty. I especially liked the vegetarian chili. The only thing we both did not like was the chocolate cake. The frosting was way too sugary like someone had accidentally dumped an entire bag of sugar in the mix.

My one complaint about the deli is that the labeling is lacking and vague. The baked goods did not have ingredient labels, and we didn't know which were vegan. The hot foods bar has ingredient labels, but they do not state if a dish is vegan or not. The salad bar has a mock tofu salad, but it does not have the ingredients labeled. Basically, we had to ask the staff just to confirm which ones where suitable for vegans.

Overall, this is a great option for travelers to Maui's northwest shore who want vegetarian food and health foods. We went back to get food here several times. Definitely check it out.

Pros: all vegetarian

cute little market - Edit

During our trip to Maui, my wife and I rented a condo in Kaanapali. The Farmers Market was just a short drive down the street from us which was so convenient. Although we didn't try anything from their deli, they had a nice selection of vegetarian goods which was wonderful. As we cooked our own meals most of the time we were there, having the Farmers Deli Cafe nearby was a huge win for us.

Pros: friendly staff, good selection

Return to Lahaina Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Farmers Deli Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 5098 times since Apr 2010.