Farmacy

Contact 2072210705

74-76 Westbourne Grove (at Notting Hill), West London, England, W2 5 SH

Modern vegetarian and fusion cuisine in Notting Hill since 2016. Vegan dishes are marked. Makes twists on classics (salads, pizza, pasta, mezze). Farm to table style with wooded tables and candles.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Organic, Mediterranean, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, British, Fusion

First Review by Wolfonion

Stylish with great food and drinks - Edit

The place is really stylish and cosy!
The restaurant is vegetarian but has lots of vegan options...
We tried the Farmacy shots and they were delicious and also very funny to drink ^^
The food was delicious although quite expensive...14£ for pasta, wow!!!!
I would recommand this place...besides we were very lucky on the night we ate there as Mister Paul McCartney himself had dinner just next to us haha

Pros: Good food, Excellent place

Cons: No booking available, Quie expensive

A unique Veggie/vegan fine dining experience - Edit

Everything about this restaurant was welcoming from the bright corner plot on the road to the exceptional decoration inside. An ideal place to take a group of people for a relaxing evening. The staff are very polite and friendly. The menu has a really interesting array of different dishes and there is also a mini book to accompany your menu, explaining all of the health benefits of the foods on the menu. The food tastes amazing. Good timing between all courses. Portions seem small although you soon realise after a sharing starter, soup and main course you've got little room for dessert. Would highly recommend, although this place is not cheap and they don't take bookings!

Pros: Unique take on healthy eating , decoration of interior and exterior , variety on menu

Cons: very expensive , no bookings

Fave spot in London - Edit

Really enjoyed this place ! Farmacy is cosy and incredible stylish . Visited three times so far , really enjoyed their mushroom pasta and mexican bowl . Sunday brownie dessert was simply amazing. It is a vegetarian cafe but as a vegan i found a lot of options to choose from . Will definitely visit again and honestly recommend to everybody!

A great disappointed - Edit

We were delighted to find a veg restaurant in walking distance to our accommodation so went in the morning to book only to be told that they don't take bookings! Coming back in the evening after asking what would be a good time to get a table, we still had to wait for an hour - not my usual habit. When we finally got the table my meal was not worth waiting for. The Indian bowl was the most "unIndian" meal I have ever had. The portion was small and there was too much grain for the amount of "curry". Additionally the place was hugely noisy with everyone shouting to be heard. A very off-putting atmosphere. My husband however enjoyed his meal - macro bowl

Pros: Attractive interior, Prompt service

Cons: They don't take bookings, Small portions, Expensive

Great Tasting Food - Edit

Farmacy has a great concept. They have a great menu and their food tastes great, but they do have some improvements to make. I don't know if it was because they were busy, but our food came out not cooked all the way. The lentils in my husband's dish was al dente, which is not good. Lentils and beans should be all the way cooked. My curry dish was really good, but some of my vegetables were hard, not cooked for a curry dish. We thought the taste of the food was really good and like the fact that they are all organic, but we didn't like their execution. And for being health-focused, we were surprised to that they fry their fries/chips, as well as add oil to steamed greens. I think for someone who isn't health focused this isn't a big deal. Their desserts were really good, but not the most impressive we've had. Overall, I still recommend this place. It seems people either love it or hate it. We're neutral. Also, we were there for dinner. If you're sensitive to scents, they burn strong incense there, which can get to you after a while. I'm giving this place 3 stars, since I can't do in between ratings and don't think this place is 4 stars, but my rating is really a 3.7.

Pros: Tasty food, friendly staff

Cons: poor food execution, smokey from incense

absolutely lovely!! - Edit

I came here for my birthday lunch back in June 2016 and absolutely loved it from the moment I walked into the very tumblr-esque and beautiful interior! There was so much on offer but what I liked the most was that they had "normal food" but veganised! Considering I went with two non-vegan friends who aren't always into health food, it meant that they weren't daunted by the veg and ended up loving it as well :) They also put so much imagination into some of the combos and I would definitely recommend

Pros: lovely people and great service, loads of different options so there is something f

Cons: slightly pricey so great for special occasions!

Pricey, posh and full of fur wearing types! - Edit

To be honest the fur could have been fake fur but we're not experts and the clientele of this place looked like they were there because this is the latest hip place to be rather than because of any ethical reason, but hey I'm just so judgemental! ha ha!
The food is good, at least what we had was! The Macro salad and the mushroom Pasta both tasted very good and with a nice twist so they were not 'obvious'. My gripe would be that the portion was small especially considering the price (£13) but that's par for the course in posh places innit?. It was a shame that the chef's were not able to make us some sweet potato chips when they have sweet potatoes on the menu and the chips are labelled "A mix of potatao fries" which turned out to be just potato chips! so much for personal service.
The juice was uninspiring and overpriced but hey they were quick to keep refilling our water glasses!!
They desserts are superb (one might say that at £11 each they ought to be but that's just being "reasonable" we were out to enjoy ourselves, money was no object....!) All of them were sugar free and most vegan I was tempted to order the lot but settled for just three. The apple crumble almost beat my mum's best (admittedly not vegan and now glowing in the haze of history) sweet and crumbly with a lovely coconut ice-cream to accompany it - yummy. The Austrian Sacher cake is a small round dark chocolate cake with a delicious thin wall of bitter chocolate around it served with tiger nut ice cream. The only criticism of this could be that the ice cream portion was niggardly. We finished off the meal with the Nice Cream Sundae which was a true delight. Full of excellent little chewy choccy brownie chunks, sticky nuts, strawberries and other good stuff - this is a dessert I would cycle all the way across to West London and shell out eleven quid for, again!
So we'll try and visit this place on a quieter evening, we went on Saturday and it was full, people waited at the bar for tables to come free. Thankfully the music is kept at a low volume but it was still noisy just from the chatter and maybe when its less busy the chefs will be more amenable to our special requests. It says wheel chair accessible, I guess there's a ramp somewhere because the front door step is high one, watch out!

Pros: Interesting food, Excellent sugar free dessert options, Limited number of menu options.

Cons: Expensive, Not all vegan, Small portions

dreadful - Edit

I'm pretty sure this is the first negative review i've ever given on HC. I've been vegan for 20years i travel for a living and love to support all of the wonderful vegan/veggie places around the world. After having an amazing veggieburger at 42Raw in copenhagen a while back and being a devotee of superiority burger in nyc i decided to try their delicious looking burger (from the photo) what came out was what "tasted(?)" like a microwaved afterthought. breadbasket and wedges were good and the bartender gave me a mix of salt and chili flakes but nothing could save their £14 "classic" burger. Also, i should mention their "cacao, maca, dates, cold pressed coconut oil, almond milk" shake tasted like cheap cocoa powder floating in thick water. i really wanted to like this place, that burger LOOKS great now they just need to put some effort into the taste part.

great vegetarian restaurant - Edit

This would be my top place in London to bring a date! Candles, plants and natural wood give a lovely farm to table feel and the food was delicious (especially the nachos!).

Pros: beautiful, friendly, delicious

Return to West London Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Farmacy closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.