Farelli's Trattoria

Contact 03-4090399

Steamer Wharf, 88 Beach St, Queenstown, New Zealand, 9300

Serves meat, vegan options available. Italian restaurant with bar, part of the Steamer Wharf complex with mid-range bars and restaurants. Will offer separate vegan menu on request. Has vegan cheese. Reported owners are vegetarians. Reservation suggested. Open Mon-Sun 4:30pm-10:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Pizza, Italian, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by Pinkkat NZ

Best vegan pizza in NZ!! - Edit

After having pizza in Auckland, Wellington and various other places, this is without a doubt the best pizza I've had in New Zealand! They use angel mozzarella, which is always good, but it's actually the base that makes the pizza so incredible. It's so crisp and tender, no sogginess, just the right texture. It's truly incredible! The pizza is included with two others on a separate vegan menu that also features desserts and starters. Eat there between 4.30 and 6 and the pizzas are $15, absolute bargain. I'll be going back tomorrow :)

Updated from previous review on 2016-12-14

Vegan menu - Edit

I have been here quite a few times now and I have to keep coming back. The fact that an Italian restaurant can make up a whole vegan menu shows that any restaurant can. (too bad they don't) My favorite is the vegan Gnocchi! But the garlic bread, pizza's and other pasta's are delicious too. Very good value for money, lovely staff, and delicious vegan food. What more do you want?

Pros: Complete vegan menu, Reasonable prices, Lovely staff

Cons: vegan menu stays the same

Amazing Vegan Italian Menu - Edit

I visited Farelli's three times over the course of ten days in Queenstown and I wish I went back even more! A traditional Italian restaurant with a vegan menu?!? I couldn't believe it.
We tried almost everything on the menu, their Mediterranean pizza, the Gnocchi, the Panzerotti, and their cheesy garlic bread - it all was heavenly.
This place is a bit pricey, but it is made to a very high standard and is fine dining. If I go back to Queenstown I will go straight to Farelli's, they even had a vegan chocolate cake and mango ice cream for dessert.
5 stars for Farelli's, this place is a gem.

Pros: Entire vegan menu with incredible food, Traditional Italian cuisine, made to a high standa, So many options and each one is delicious

Cons: A little pricey, but worth it for a great meal

We really liked this place - Edit

Farellis has a lovely atmosphere. So refreshing to visit an Italian restaurant with a separate vegan menu. Over two visits we tried the margherita pizza, gnocchi, penne, panzarotti and salad. Everything was really delicious and portion size was perfect. The Vegan wine options were both nice too. Definitely visit if you're in Queenstown!

a whole vegan menu, I'm in heaven - Edit

I ordered the gnocchi which were like little fluffy pillows of delicious. my non vegan partner had food envy and wished she'd ordered vegan too! place was very busy but service was fast and friendly. highly recommended.

Pros: a whole vegan menu, imagine having choices!

Cons: the only down side was that I didn't have room for

Great vegan menu - Edit

So excited to find a restaurant in Queenstown with a dedicated vegan menu. The owner told me he has a vegan friend who encouraged him to cater for vegans and boy am I glad he did! They even state they have a vegan menu on their signage on the outside of the restaurant.
The restaurant is very centrally located by the lake in a little mall of bars and other restaurants. Inside it is warm and atmospheric. The headings on the separate vegan menu include antipasto, pizza, mains and sides. They have vegan cheese (Angelfood mozzarella) for pizza and bruschetta. We ordered the sautéed zucchini with lemon, garlic, fresh mint and toasted pinenuts. The dish was beautifully presented and generous with the pine nuts. A nice light tasty starter. We also had the bruschetta with marinated vine tomato, roasted garlic and fresh herbs. Also very tasty. We shared the mains of the homemade potato gnocchi with smoky tomato sugu and roast mushrooms, panzerotti with Sicilian eggplant caponate, salted olives and caper. The panzrotti were little fried dumpling like morsels – very yummy with the sauce. My fav was the gnocchi though and I loved the smoky sauce that come with it and the mushrooms were huge and flavoursome. My only complaint to the meal was that there was no vegan dessert option. Though that might have been just as well as the portions are very generous and we were full.
I really liked Farellis and will definitely dine here again on my next Queenstown trip.

Pros: lotsof vegan options, vegan cheese, generous portions

Cons: no vegan desserts

Vegan menu..... - Edit

A nice little Italian restaurant on the wharf at the popular Queenstown lakefront. They have a vegan menu with nice options for starters, mains & sides

Mains at around $20 were generous portion sizes and the side salads were very fresh & tasty. A great place for a cozy dinner!

Tip: Order the side of garlic bread with the AngelFood vegan 'Mozz' added to it.....delicious!
Updated from previous review on Sunday April 17, 2016

Updated from previous review on Wednesday April 20, 2016

Pros: Good range of Vegan options, Friendly staff, Good prices

Cons: Some Vegan desserts would've been great!

amazing - Edit

Really impressed with the vegan menu available! I had a pizza with vegan cheese that was super delicious! The staff were also super friendly and wonderful at catering to my needs! Definitely recommend going here! :)

Delicious vegan Italian food! - Edit

Ask for the seperate vegan menu upon arrival. There are about 12 options on the vegan menu, including 6 mains. We had the gnocchi and garlic bread with vegan cheese - it was divine! Staff were attentive and service was fast.

Pros: Complete vegan menu with antipasti, mains and side, Great service

Cons: Mid range pricing, A semi-graphic picture of men holding chicken carc

Wonderful - Edit

Oh my goodness, after a day of vegan failure at The Winery and Vudu cafe, thank you to Farelli's for saving my day. It's so lovely to have a vegan menu so I'm not wondering if the chef knows what vegans are, and the wait staff aren't having to interpret. The cheesy roast garlic bread was gorgeous, and the gnocchi in smokey tomato sauce with mushrooms was incredible, melt-in-the-mouth..... like eating little clouds. Vegan house wine was very nice, and the staff were lovely. Will definitely come again

Return to Queenstown Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Farelli's Trattoria closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.