Fancy Plants Catering

• Catering Catering
  • Vegan
n/a

Chicago area, Chicago, Illinois, USA, 60651

Vegan chef, catering, and cooking classes. Hosts dinners and events - check webpage for schedule.

First Review by citychic

Innovative Vegan Food - Edit

I've had Fancy Plants food on two occasions: once at VeganMania and once at a Valentine's Pop-up Dinner at Moonlight Vulture. I was wowed both times.

I love the inventive use of ingredients they use to create vegan dairy substitutes (almond chevre, cashew creme fraiche, melted nut-based cheeses) as well as unique options such as kelp caviar and braised yuba. It's refreshing to experience vegan food that kicks expectations up a notch. The attention to detail as far as presentation and ingredients go shows the amount of love and devotion - not to mention, talent - that's going into these meals. Every bit of their food is homemade and the outcome truly makes for a wonderful experience.

I hope they one day open up their own restaurant and show the masses what vegan food can really be about.

Pros: constant changing menu, inventive dishes

Cons: events are currently communal seating

Delicious vegan cuisine - Edit

My sister and I had the opportunity to sample a dish from Fancy Plants Catering at Chicago Vegan Mania this year. As long time vegetarian/vegans, we were extremely impressed with the unique combination of delicious flavors. I am considering this catering service for a wedding.

Return to Chicago Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Fancy Plants Catering closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.