Fan Thai - Vegetarian Thai Food

03-5233559

138, Shijie St (at Zhong Zheng Rd), Hsinchu, Taiwan

梵泰蔬食, at 竹市北區世界街138號, is a vegan Thai food restaurant that sources coconut cream from Vietnam not picked by monkeys. No onion or garlic used. Est. 2016. Open Mon-Sun 11:30am-1:30pm, Mon-Sun 5:30pm-7:30pm.

Category: Vegan, Thai

First Review by JesseD

Great Thai Restaurant - Edit

This restaurant, which is run by the same (extended) family as Tzung Ye next door, is a great new addition vegan scene. The owner spent many months learning to cook Thai food vegan (and it truly is completely vegan) without any garlic or onion (to cater to the large Buddhist market here). I find the food to be by far the most authentic of any Thai restaurants in Taipei, and of course it's nice not to really have to worry about whether it's all vegan.
Curries come in very generous portions (enough for one hungry foreign vegan like myself, or perhaps two people with side dishes) and come in a range of spiciness. They also do a good Pad Thai and are always developing new dishes. A full meal is usually around NT200 - 300.
I also appreciate that they don't use coconuts from Thailand, which may be picked by enslaved monkeys (but we need to learn more about this).
It's great that either this or Tzung Ye are usually open, so when I'm hungry in Hsinchu I just head to this street and see what I feel like.

Pros: Authentic vegan Thai food!, nice vegan staff, very reasonable prices

Return to Hsinchu Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Fan Thai - Vegetarian Thai Food closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.