Falscher Hase

Rudolf-Leonhard-Str. 3, Dresden, Germany, 01097

Dresdens first vegan restaurant. Menu includes a seitan burger and other veggie burgers, plus appetizers, German and European food, soups, pasta, local beer and wine. Each day rotating choices of main dishes ad desserts. The location also operates as an art gallery with exhibitions, sometimes with live music and has a reading corner with books. Cozy atmosphere. Open Mon-Thu 4:00pm-10:00pm, Fri-Sat 12:00pm-11:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Western, Beer/Wine, Take-out, German

First Review by TigerLily+DrTofu

Favourite in Dresden - Edit

Loved the food here, nice big servings. The big burger is massive! The vegan tasting plate was really good as well. Our favourite place in Dresden of the ones we tried.

Pros: Lots of options, Nice big servings

best place for an informal meal - Edit

We enjoyed our food immensely there, the atmosphere was relaxed, staff very friendly, nice alternative feel to the place, food really good, not expensive and good portions. We ordered the starter platter for two and were really in love with it, after that some tasty burgers and drinks and we were more than satisfied. Can only recommend it! These places make me wish I lived in Dresden ; )

Great and special vegan food - Edit

Was there with my non vegan family. We eat some "rouladen" and vegan steak. Standard german food. Everybody was very happy with their choices. Locely atmosphere in the back yard under the trees. Great waitresses!

Not bad - Edit

Standard vegan fare, although maybe I should have tried a burger to be more blown away. I had a salad, which was ok, not terrible, but nothing extraordinary either. They do have nice outdoor seating in the back during summertime. I'll go back to try a burger and update the review to reflect that.

Phenomenal - Edit

Actually I owe my first vegan "Wow"-moment to the staff at Falscher Hase. Their SoySteakBurger XXL still qualifies as one of the most delicious Burgers I ever had the chance to try.The interior is tasteful and cosy, though it tends to get crowded quite often and the staff sometimes seems overwhelmed by the workload. But working in a diner myself I don't mind waiting a bit longer than usual or even accepting that there are certain limits to friendliness in stressful situations.

It was ok - Edit

We had burgers, garlic bread and waffles in Falscher Hase. The garlic bread was amazing, the rest was mediocre. The atmosphere is nice, however, our waitress was very unfriendly and we didn't feel welcome at all. There was another waitress who seemed much nicer, so maybe ours just had a very bad day.

Pros: Good choice of food

Cons: Unfriendly staff

absolute Empfehlung - Edit

Sehr lecker, große Auswahl, viele unterschiedliche und raffinierte Gerichte, freundliche Bedienung und entspanntes Verweilen im Hinterhof-Garten, immer wieder gerne, wenn wir in Dresden sind

Delicious burger! - Edit

The burger was very delicious. Since I was in a hurry, the waitress was very fast and friendly and I could catch my train back home.

Pros: Cozy

Great burgers! - Edit

We were only in Dresden for one day and had lunch here. It was fantastic! My partner and I both got XXL burgers, and they were definitely value for money: they were huge! The Turkish flatbread bun was delicious too. My partner had the satan burger and really enjoyed it, though he thought it could have been a bit spicier. I had the soy burger and really loved the texture and BBQ onions on top. It's a shame there are no chips on the menu, but I suppose you don't really need them.

We managed to squeeze in a dessert too: we shared the waffles. They were good, but not mind-blowing - a little flat, and a bit too much apple sauce for my liking. The cream was lovely.

Service was great, and it was a nice little place. I'd definitely recommend it!

Pros: Excellent burgers, Good portion size, Friendly service

Cool little venue in Dresden - Edit

Worth seeking out - quite a local spot - some good options and great cake. Nicely furnished spot.

Pros: Lovely decor, Friendly staff, Tasty cake

Wow - Edit

Staff is super cool and friendly
Food is awesome
Location is cosy
Unfortunately they don't know about coffee :(
But everything Else was wonderful

Pros: Location cosy

Cons: coffee is not that good

seems good! :) - Edit

We went here for dessert and it seems like a nice atmosphere from the brief time we spend here. Hubby had the waffle, which he said was nice but a little chewy (he is omni, so perhaps a hazard for vegan waffles in general??). I had some ice 'Pau Pau' salted Carmel which was tasty. Just comes in a tub though.
All round a good experience- will come to try their savoury dishes if we're in Dresen soon!

Satan Burger is delicious - Edit

We have been there twice, without booking a table in advance, and both times the restaurant was full. Last time we had to sit in the backyard, altough it was too cold for my taste to sit outside, as indoors was full.

They mainly offer "faux meat" dishes. I ordered the Satan Burger and my partner the Bratfilet „Art Leberkäs“. My burger was extremely tasty, the seitan "Bratfilet" wasn't really to our taste, we've had much better "faux meat", the rest of the dish was ok.

Furniture in the backyard was basically those wooden tables and benches you find at village fairs, which were very uncomfortable.

Pros: Satan Burger is delicious

Cons: portions are quite small

köstlich und gemütlich - Edit

komplett veganes restaurant mit heimeliger athmosphäre, freundlicher bedienung und einer guten auswahl sehr leckerer gerichte.

Pros: alles vegan, sehr lecker & es gibt paupau eis! ♥

Disappointing - Edit

The staff was quite grumpy, so we didn't feel welcome here. The food was okay, but a lot of convenience products are being used, and only a few items appear to be "home-made" or freshly prepared. Go there, if you'd like to try the vegan version of some traditional German food ... e.g. "Leberkäs & Sauerkraut". Otherwise, I think there are a number of nicer places to eat out in Dresden.

Pros: Vegan versions of trad. German food

Cons: Grumpy staff, Not "home-made"

Satanic! - Edit

Ate there a "Satan"-Burger and loved it! It's nice and cosy there and the owner und staff are friendly and nice.
It definitely pays out to eat there!

Great Food - Edit

I traveled to Dresden in Aug 2014 and stayed in Holiday Inn. Falscher Hase was only 5 minute by bike. I rented a bike and went there and had a wonderful meal. This is a small place but is great. I sat by the window and had a nice dinner. Alex is very helpful. I also met a few regulars who visit once a week. If you visit Dresden and want to go to a Vegetarian place, do consider Falscher Hase.

Pros: Friendly Staff

Excellent Food! One of Dresdens best! - Edit

When i first moved to Dresden I was so happy to discover Falsche Hase. They have really delicious vegan food and the service is always very good and friendly. I really can recommend trying the infamous XXL Seitan or Soya Steak Burgers... Incredible and so addictive!

Love it!

Pros: Amazing food, Reasonable Prices, Friendly Service

Cons: Not open for lunch weekdays, Always packed out on weekend, Food can sometimes take a while

Return to Dresden Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Falscher Hase closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.