Falaferia - Wien Praterstern

01-2123714

Wien Praterstern, Vienna, Austria, 1020

In addition to falafels, offers Belgian fries, hot dogs, and juices. Most items are vegan. Located inside the Prater Stern train station, at the point where the tunnels leading to the subway lines U1 and U2 and the stairs to the ground level meet. Open Mon-Thu 9:00am-12:00am, Fri-Sat 9:00am-6:00pm, Sun 9:00am-12:00am.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Fast food, Juice bar, Take-out, Middle Eastern

First Review by Ryecatcher

All about location - Edit

Arrived in Vienna looking for a quick vegan lunch and this was a good choice. Despite being in a metro station and having to sit on stools, it served us well for lunch. We both had the falafel in a box; it tasted good and certainly filled us up.

Pros: Good location , Clean and quick, Pleasant staff

Fantastic falafel - Edit

This is a really convenient place to grab a light meal. The staff are really friendly, there are vegan signs around the place, and the falafel is excellent! It looked to me like all the cooked food was vegan, and it was only a few of the dressings that were non-vegan. I told them I was a vegan, and they gave me all the add-ons possible, including a really tasty aubergine spread. Everything was good, I'd really recommend this place.

They take falafel and own it - Edit

The Falaferia serves falafel, and it's good. It's unlike anywhere else I went. It takes fresh, it tastes different (not exactly like typical falafel sandwichs), it's well worth trying, and the bread is very good. Freshes juices were also nice. Considering their name, they live up to it, I'm not sure vegan sushi and hot dogs are are worthwhile addition. When you're called falafel-do the best falafel you can do-which they do.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday September 02,
Update-I went to the falaferia again after the latish night enjoying the venues near pratastern and was happy to see they were open. I have to admit I was so happy to get a vegan meal at 1am, from a clean restaurant, for a cheap price that was delicious and service was attentive and friendly. wondeful.

Pros: Good falafel, Mango sauce? Yes, please!, Good bread

Cons: bizarre things on menu, small, not in centre

Fresh falafel for a fair price - Edit

Over the last years, falafel have become available all over Vienna. Seldom do they taste as delicious as in the Falaferia, where they are made fresh for every order.
The staff is very friendly and customises your pita or wrap with several salads and sauces you can choose from.

They also hava a salad bar and fresh fruit juices.

The atmosphere is as good as it can get in a subway station without daylight.

Great For When You're Hungry On The Go - Edit

I am a big fan of the Falafel Wrap. In my opinion it's one of the best falafel in all of vienna. It's BIG and really fills you up. The staff is really friendly and you can customize the wrap with delicious and fresh salads and sauces. For the regular falafel sandwich there is even a choice of whole wheat or regular bread.

Updated from previous review on Friday August 14, 2015

Pros: Well Priced, Big Portion , Friendly

Cons: Not Close Enough To My Apartment

Fair for a quick bite - Edit

I've tried the vegetarian hot dog which was ok. Nothing great, just solid. It was kinda disappointing it was just a sausage in a bit sticky roll, no other toppings inside except the dip.
The sausage itself was pretty "authentic", but the whole package isn't predestinated to convice lots of carnivore hot dog lovers.
For me, however, it was even to much of a hot dog experience; firstly, as far back as I ate meat I didn't liked hot dogs much and secondly, I didn't stop to eat meat just to eat things which are very much alike. But you may have another opinion on that.
The fresh juice was fair. Other things I haven't tried, but it looked like fries and falafel would have been fair as well.
Conclusively, for late hours or a quick bite Falaferia Praterstern is a good choice.

Pros: long opening hours, inviting venue, inexpensive

Cons: fast food

Return to Vienna Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Falaferia - Wien Praterstern closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.