First Review by ladylettuce

Really good - Edit

Lots of different meal deals available that are pretty good value. It's all delicious except the wraps and pita pockets, like a lot of bread in Mexico, are sweet, which is a bit weird for me. Service can be a bit odd.

delicious falafels - Edit

Popular place on the corner. For 75 pesos I had a small pita stuffed to overflowing with tasty falafel balls, thinly sliced grilled eggplant, alfalfa sprouts, shredded cabbage, red pepper, grated carrot and more. Sauces are available. It came with a small plate of hummus, tortilla chips and water-of-the-day. There are several possible combination meals. Good food!

Pros: delicious food, inexpensive

Awesome Experience! - Edit

After having a bad experience at another vegan place nearby we needed a rebound and Falafelito was that!

Some of the best falafel I've had anywhere (US, Europe, Canada). Not over or underseasoned, crispy but still with a good soft center - and good and hot! Veggies on my pita were fresh and crisp. The hummus and sauces were also really good (especially the white sauce - which I'm guessing is their take on tzatziki). Was a super filling meal (which we needed after a day of walking around DF)!

About $5 US dollars for a 6 falafel pita pocket, side of hummus and a drink (drink of the day - was a minty lemonade) - can't be beat!

Note that seating is limited (few tables and a couple counters) - location is an outside counter - but the weather was wonderful and neighborhood vibrant.

One of the other posters said they don't speak any english here - but the guy working the register the night we went did (at least enough to get through some of the transaction).

Also sure to check out Espresso Borreal next door - believe they are also completely or mostly vegan - have Almond and Coconut milk for lattes. And the espresso is nice and strong.

Pros: Quality, Price, Ambiance

Cons: None that I can think of

Great little spot! - Edit

I had the "Lafalafa" combo which costs 95 pesos and includes a large falafel wrap, a drink, and hummus. The ingredients were fresh an had a great taste too. I highly recommend El Falafalito :) The only problem is that they don't have a bathroom.

Pros: reasonable prize, great taste, fresh ingredients

Cons: no bathroom

Real falafel! - Edit

I want to give props to this place -- it's self-professedly vegan and makes real falafel (not pre-made/ warmed-up), which is tasty!

It's pretty much a one-trick pony -- different variations on falafel -- but they do it really well. With the salsas they offered, it actually did have a Mexican kick, too, which was cool. The hummus was ok, not amazing, but the falafelito I got was terrific (I do think I'd get the bigger size if I went back, since the falafel was great, and this one had mini-patties).

A good deal by DF standards, too! The counter guys were nice and efficient. There are tables to eat, though it's more of a quick-bite or take-and-go kind of place.

I'm sure the locations of this local(?) chain are all pretty much the same; I was only able to visit this one, and once, though had I been nearer to one, or been in town longer, I definitely would have visited more.

Pros: Real & tasty falafel, Mexican-kick, Reasonable prices, Efficient service

Cons: Wish there were more!

Solid falafel - Edit

This is a good, solid falafel joint with authentic falafel. Much better than other falafel places we have tried in this part of the world. If you're visiting from the US, Australia or other parts of the world with large Mediterranean communities you should not expect to be blown away.

El mejor falafel jamás! - Edit

Mi espanol es muy malo pero....

Today was my first day in Mexico City, I'm a passionate vegan, and this place absolutely killed it with the Falafel. The portions are perfect, the price is perfect, the service was great and fast.

It's right across the street from Parque Mexico, you can sit down and enjoy your food with access to WiFi.

I think I may go back tomorrow!

Awesome job yall!

Pros: DELICIOUS, CHEAP, DID I SAY DELICIOUS ALREADY?

Cons: IT CLOSES

Favourite lunch spot - Edit

Not enough nice words I can say about Falafelito. I go there because it's near my work and I need a quick and tasty vegan lunch. The staff are lovely. They don't speak English (and why should they?) but are very accomodating if you are not a native Spanish speaker. The falalefels are lovely. The veggies are fresh and they respect the environment too. And if you're not full after their 'pacquete', they also have vegan muffins for sale.
There isn't a lot of seating space, I agree. Though you need to bear in mind this is the hub of cool and hip DF and it's one of the reasonable food options in the colonia. If there are no seats, you can ask for the 'para llevar' (take away) option and enjoy your tasty falafels in Parque de Mexico

Pros: Tasty, Convenient, Fast service

Cons: Could open later! , I crave a vegan snack after drinks

Falafel bellyful - Edit

A great little 100% vegan street-side falafel counter on a pretty tree-lined street. Sit in or take-away. There's outdoor seating and a park across the street with free wi-fi.

Awesome!

Pros: Good location, Fast service

Nice tiny place. - Edit

Nice falafel, its very tiny but the falafel is good. I've been to the other Falafelito that is in Coyacan. I like that one better since they have more seating there and its bigger.
Its nice that you can have how mutch sause that you like. Although they were out of the white one when I visited.

Pros: Vegan, Have as mutch sause as you want

Cons: Small place

The best falafel in Mexico City! - Edit

It is the same taste of a falafel served in a fancy restaurant, but in a very interesting spot of Mexico City's heart, and of course for a very convenient price

Pros: price, location, pet and eco friendly

Cons: only outdoor seating

Awesome little place! - Edit

After a few days in San Cristobal, being a little low on flavourful vegan food (with the exeption of fruit and nuts), we finally gave in and visited Falafelito. And it was The best thing we did in a while! Super cozy little place with a nice staff. We had the falafel plate. Best humous i have had in a good while, hot and flavourful falafels, homemade pita bread, crispy cabbage, tomato, lettuce, onion etc, and a superb variety of condiments, chili etc, made this a winner!

Pros: Homemade with love, Freshly prepared, Vegan friendly

Cons: A bit on the pricy side

Good vegan find - Edit

I went here for lunch and it was great. The falafels were really tasty and there is a choice of pitas and salad. They also do a vegan dessert, which is generally a muffin/ cake. This is a rare find in Mexico so good if you've been missing something sweet and 'cakey'. The lemonade that comes with the lunch deal is also very nice.

Pros: Tasty food, Vegan muffins

The best falafel in Mexico City - Edit

Delicious falafel in a convenient location in La Condesa. I ate lunch here several times. The pita chips are also very good. They give free refills of their lemonade. Service was very friendly. The only drawback is that all the tables are outside, but if it is raining you can get things to go.

Pros: healthy, inexpensive, tasty

Cons: all outdoor seating

Nice Falafel Place - Edit

I liked the option of falafelito, a small portion of falafel. It was very tasty, with surprises such as fried eggplant, yum! Nice presentation. We'll be back on our next visit to Mexico.

Pros: Tasty, Small portion option

gem of a spot right on Parque Mexico - Edit

Superb little place, was very pleased to see it had opened since my last visit a few years ago. perfect location right on the edge of the park, grab a sidewalk counter and go to town. Very specifically all-vegan, which is a nice touch. Service is a bit distant but that sort of comes with the nabe. Excellent option for a late night snack.

Pros: delicious, nice location, unique for D.F.

Cons: small, service can be so-so

Best option for vegans - Edit

If you want a fast meal with a lot of fresh raw vegetables, that is your place. The tiny corner stand has an "all vegan" sign. What else would you need to confidently ask for all the ingredients in your pita or wrap. 85 pesos will get you a lemonade-hummus-chips-falafel combo with tahini and spicy sauces. What can I say, I took a taxi back the next day to rescue my family from the hotel restaurant on a rainy night. It was that fresh and nice. The street chairs/tables might bother some, but not me. It is a quiet street with a healthy looking happy local clientele. Toilet is in the park in front for a few pesos... Btw the packaging is biodegradable except some of the take-away stuff... Good place I recommend it to any vegan.

Pros: Fresh vegetables, Huge sandwiches , 100% vegan

Cons: Few seats

Very Tasty! - Edit

My friends and I tried this place tonight. It is a small "street bar" on the corner. You order your food and they call your name and there are a few tables and stools on the sidewalk to perch and eat with a choice of sauces.
All of us thought it was very tasty. We got the chipotle flafels and they are stuffed with veggies like carrots, kale, etc. extremely yummy and everything is 100% vegan. We are glad we stopped by!

Pros: Great value, Very tasty, Healthy

Cons: Street dining/ limited seating

Not bad for Falafel Wrap in Mexico City - Edit

To view photos & menu & blog post, go to here: http://veganmiam.com/2012/04/16/mexico-city-falafelito/

Pros: Affordable, Crunchy falafels, Complimentary lime juice

Cons: Falafelito is too small, Staff only speak Spanish

Wonderful 100% vegan in a perfect location - Edit

Falafel is one of my favourite foods. And when we found out there was a fapafel only place at Mexico City, we had no doubt and we visited Falafelito. WOWWWW I just love it, delicious, cruelty free and not expensive at all. If you ever go to Mexico City, do not hesitate!!! Falafelito is a great option!!!

Pros: Excellent food, Animal friendly, good value

Cons: Not enough space to seat

Return to Mexico City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Falafelito - Condesa closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4337 times since Dec 2011.