First Review by J and J

An old school classic - Edit

This place is an institution in Baka and You'll see every sector of Israeli society getting Falafel here. The prices are good and so are the flavors. Their falafels are small and fresh, crunchy on the outside and softer on the inside. They have a real classic flavor, I almost wondered if the popular Israeli Snack "Bisli" modeled the flavor of their falafel snack after Ovadia's falafel balls.

While Falafel Ovadia also makes the best Sabich I've ever had (they have a green Garlic sauce which is really good on anything), I thought their Shakshuka was pretty bland and below average. Also, I personally prefer when Falafel places have a bigger selection of salads and allow you to take for yourself, which Ovadia does not.

Overall, there's a reason this place has been a popular favorite with locals for over 40 years! Falafel Ovadia is a good place to go to get a non-touristy, old school style, Jerusalem neighborhood Falafel or Sabich sandwich.

Pros: Authentic Israeli Eatery Experience, Very Affordable

Cons: No Seating area, Not enough Salads

Delicious! - Edit

Wonderful falafel - fresh pita, perfectly cooked falafel balls, and a number of sauces and seasoned onions give it a kick. Well worth the trip to this small "hole in the wall,"

Pros: delicious falafel

Cons: very limited seating, no plate if ordered without the pita

great falafel! - Edit

This was a little far from where we were staying, but we went out of our way our last day in Israel to try this gem. The falafel was fresh and delicious and reminded us a bit of falafel Adir, but with better salads!

Return to Jerusalem Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Falafel Ovadia closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1329 times since Apr 2013.