First Review by mfoy

awesome "croquetas" and charming people - Edit

We had lunch there and the falafels were just as good as home.
Price is really correct and food taste delicious. They have plates with fresh tomato, cucumber, onion salad, hummus, tahini and free buffet with red and white cabbage, fried pita and 2 amazing spicy sauces : green and red.
didn't see anything not vegan even though they are classified as vegetarian.
Will come back for sure.

Pros: price, pretty fast for a mexican restaurant (humour), near la quinta, easy to find.

Cons: would maybe need a little decoration refresh

Best Falafel I've Ever Tasted! - Edit

I've eaten falafel all over the world, and this small restaurant in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico has some of the best falafel I've ever tried in my entire life. Everything is made to order, and the ingredients are fresh and delicious. The portions are nicely sized as well. You can't beat a falafel plate for the equivalent of $5 USD. Even though our Spanish was limited, the chef was very nice and communicative. We had no language barrier issues! I would travel back to Mexico just to eat at this place again.

Pros: High quality food for the price, Best falafel in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico, Chef is very nice and understands limited English

Cons: The restaurant is outdoor style, so may be hot!

Yum! - Edit

We had the falafel plate that came with hummus, Mediterranean salad, falafel balls, pita and homemade chips, all with a tahini drizzle! The food was beyond excellent and great value for the money. With almost all the vegan restaurants located in the same area of town, it's nice to have one a bit more convenient to where we're living. We'll definitely be returning!

Pros: Delicious food, Excellent value for $, Convenient location

Cons: Stools are too tall to fit legs under the table!

Amazing falafels , some of the best fries i've ever had - Edit

so far i've had the falafel burger and the pita sandwich...both were amazing

the pita sandwich was loaded with veggies, falafels ( crispy on the outside and soft inside), tahini and hummus. the fries were out of this world. Very simple menu...this is probably my favorite joint so far in playa. the other vegan restaurants in playa have been kind of disappointing (so far). but i am sill exploring so i do not want to draw any conclusions yet. but definitely check out this place. make sure when you get the burger you specify no cheese. it doesnt say on the menu that theres cheese on it. the cook had to remake my order. i felt bad but that cruelty-filled cheese had already melted all over the falafel pattie and there was no way to get it off.

Pros: excellent food, unbeatable value, friendly staff

Best falafel ever! - Edit

This place was amazing! Tasty, healthy vegetarian food is not that easy to come by in Mexico, and we'd resorted to preparing a lot of our own meals in our hostel (or eating wayyyyy too much queso if eating out). Falafel Nessya was a great find! Fresh, delicious falafel, and very friendly owners, at a reasonable price. Planning to go back tomorrow before heading on to Cozumel :)

Pros: Delicious, Reasonably healthy, Affordable

Return to Playa Del Carmen Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Falafel Nessya closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.