Falafel Kitchen

+44-2920228228

76 Crwys Rd, Cardiff, Wales, CF24 4NP

Serves meat, vegan options available. Hummus and falafel restaurant. Has veggie choices beyond falafel, including a tofu shawarma, sabich, and veg schnitzel. Variety of flavors to complement the food in the salad bar. Open Mon-Tue 11:00am-8:00pm, Wed-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Mediterranean, Salad bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Middle Eastern, Non-veg

First Review by kfry3

Great place! - Edit

It was Friday and we wanted to try something new. I called them before we went and spoke to the owner about what vegan options they have. We discussed the preparation and he assured me that the vegan and vegetarian food is prepared separately from the non veg items. He aviods cross contact.  He told me that they were playing live music too that day (yesterday)

The location is just a 25min walk from Cardiff City Centre and 50m away from a Coop. This little place in Cathays is run by owner Roni for about 3 years now.  It seats about 20 people on tables and 3 on sofa. The staff and owner were very friendly  and hospitable. The owner likes to introduce himself to his customers and have a chat with them.   He came and spoke to us, he recommended we try a mix of everything with both his homemade brown and white pita bread. Told me that he wastes no food and everything he makes must be used within 2 days. He rather run out and freshly prepare extra vegetables if needed than have excess that goes to waste. Love this!

There were two vegan options clearly labeled here, one on the menu and the other a special on the board. We ordered the Roni's Falafel on a plate with humus, half spice rice and half chips with white pita from the menu and Vegan Shawarma with spicy marinated tofu with brown pita.  There is an all you can eat salad bar where customers can fill their pitas themselves with the veggies they want. The coleslaw with mayo and the bottles of sause are not vegan, however all the other salads, sauses in tray and the bottle of tahini sause are suitable for vegans. The food was lovely. Best pita bread we have ever had in the world. Super soft and tasty. The spicy rice and chips were tasty and flavourful. Roni's Falafel on a plate comes with humus and alot of olive oil poured on it. I did mention that this was too much, perhaps next time I will mention no oil on the humus before preparation as traditionally they serve it this way.  The Roni's Falafel on a plate is more than enough to serve us two! We were completely stuffed!

Lovely music in the background and later there was a lady singing and playing the guitar.

I saw that he has gluten free options but I did not verify if they were vegan.  I recommend this place for the lovely atmosphere, great tasting food and welcoming owner Roni.

Pros: Vegan options, Large portion, Friendly staff

Cons: Lots of oil!, Serves meat and dairy

Friendly, relaxed atmoslhere - Edit

Three generations of my veggie/vegan family enjoy eating here. The owner and staff are always friendly and welcoming, there's plenty of vegetarian and vegan choice within the menu and a delicious salad bar with homemade sauces to load up your plate. You can drop in for a quick bite, takeaway or sit down for the evening and enjoy a three course, freshly cooked meal. Good value as well.

Pros: Good value, Friendly staff, Relaxed atmosphere

Return to Cardiff Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Falafel Kitchen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.