Falafel & mehr

+4969-87200246

Berger Str 74, Frankfurt, Germany

An authentic vegetarian falafel/Arabic cuisine restaurant specializing in falafel dishes, especially sandwiches. Has vegan options. Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-9:00pm, Sun 11:00am-7:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Delivery, Take-out, Middle Eastern, Arabic

First Review by Tank242

Great falafel sandwich! - Edit

I only tried the falafel sandwich and it was very tasty. The place is small but clean and bright and the two guys behind the counter are very friendly.
I’ll definitely be back to try some of the other menu items!

Make sure to come in hungry, there is plenty to try. - Edit

The new falafel-place (next to BestWorscht in Town) made me really curious.
Wherever I stay, I always try falafel sandwiches - and I have to admit that most of them are really mediocre - no homemade falafels, too dry, not enough hummus, hummus lacking taste, sesame sauce etc.

Surprisingly, the family-run business offers not only Falafel, but also the Original Vöner (https://www.happycow.net/reviews/voner-der-vegetarische-doner-berlin-15157).
This gave me the opportunity to try one while I was waiting for a huge order of falafel sandwiches to take away.

The seitan based Vöner was really good, although I favor the Munich based Royal Kebab slightly to this one.
While waiting, my friendly hosts brought two falafel to try (and die for).

Consistency and taste of the small and donut-formed delicacy are really fine. A little bit sweeter than the usual falafel, paired with a fine texture inside and crisp outside.
The different taste is a result of the regional origin of the recipe, my host told me.

The falafel sandwich "extra" comes with more hummus and falafel filling compared to the classic sandwich. As I prefer creamy and moist sandwiches, I went for this option.

The taste is definitely different compared to other top falafel places, but appreciated.

Give it a go!

Updated from previous review on 2016-06-10

Pros: Top Falafel, centrally located on berger street, friendly owners

Cons: not organic

2 Responses

dicer 11 Jun 2016 - Uuh! Voener in Franhkfurt? nom nom nom! How is the falafel compared to Aroma?

Tank242 11 Jun 2016 - Hey Dicer, good to see you again!
My intention was to be not comparative (I leave that to the Yelp community ;-) ), but I knew this question was inevitable.
The falafel tastes sweeter, with a finer mouth feeling. I guess it is cardamon, which adds a hint of christmas, but only a hint.
My conclusion is that it is a matter of personal preferences which style you prefer.
Personally, I favour of Aroma, but only slightly.
Eagerly waiting for you review!

good food! - Edit

The falafel are not the best but the other options are amazing! Fair price and very good to reach with the U4 :)

Tasty and filling - Edit

The falafel sandwich was delicious, with some of the best tahine sauces I've tried. Very tasty and not dry at all, great portion size.

Huge selection of vegan snacks - Edit

I only tried their falafel sandwich but the choice I had was quite stunning: A vegan doener, falafel with different toppings and sauces, soups, salads,...

The falafel sandwich had a generous amount of hommus on it and tasted very nice. I'll surely come back to try some of their other dishes!

Pros: Huge selection, Nice and fast food

Return to Frankfurt Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Falafel & mehr closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.