Fala Fala

Contact n/a

Trangravsvej 14 (at Copenhagen Street Food), Copenhagen, Denmark, 1436

A kitchen stand inside Copenhagen Street Food marketplace offering falafel and pita, fries. Open Mon-Sun 12:00pm-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Mediterranean, Fast food, Middle Eastern, Kosher, Take-out only

First Review by KateEmmett

solid falafel - Edit

Fala Fala is one of the few vegan options that are available at Copenhagen Street Food, as far as I figured out - the least pricy one.
The food is solid - the falafels are tasty, the salad is pretty standard but good and the dressings are well balanced - the hummus is of very high quality and works well with a tiny splash of the spicy dressing that gives the whole thing a very subtle kick in the aftertaste. Apparently Fala Fala's trademark is putting a few pieces of aubergine into the pita - the idea is fine with me, but the one that I got was more like an aubergine paste. The food stall is placed a bit unfortunately, the seating possibilities are very limited, so it took a while to find something. All in all, the whole experience has been positive and I recommend Fala Fala to all falafel lovers and those who want a simple, cheap and filling piece of food on their way home :-)

Updated from previous review on 2017-01-22

Pros: friendly staff, awesome hummus, reasonable price

Cons: lack of seating, aubergine spent too much time in the pan

Falafels and Fries - Edit

Limited options here, but delicious! I ordered a falafel and chatted with the owner while she prepared my meal. While she's not vegan, she recommended a few vegan places to try on my visit. I hope they return after the Paper Island development

Pros: Super friendly, Cool location

Awesome hummus, okay falafel - Edit

The staff is very friendly and can answer all your questions regarding the food they serve .
I got the Falafel menu, which consists of falafel in pita bread and fries with hummus. I must say, that Fala Fala's hummus is one of the best I had in Denmark so far! The pita is a bit disappointing though, the toppings were not well balanced and the red cabbage slaw they put inside had a bitter after taste in my opinion. The falafel themselves were mushy and not crispy on the outside, but that might have been due to the fact that it took ages to find a place to sit (Saturday evening!) and they absorbed too much of the dressing while I was walking around.
Although I am not a fan of their falafel, I would visit Fala Fala again.

Pros: hummus, friendly staff

Cons: no seating

Return to Copenhagen Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Fala Fala closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.