CLOSED: F. S. N. Bar

Contact 90-506400642

90-8, Chin-cho, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan, 6008001

Previously operated as Frontieres Sans Nations at Nakagyo-ku, Kamiya-cho, Kawamura bld 2F. Moved to current location in summer 2013. It's a bar run by a French man. No food menu, but there is always food upon request - just ask. Prices are flexible. Vegans need to specify as cheese and egg are used. The owner speaks French, English, and Japanese. DEC 2014 REPORTED SHUT, REPLACED BY ANOTHER BAR.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Beer/Wine, French

First Review by SG

Frontieres Sans Nations - Edit

This is a bar run by owner/bartender/chef Philippe (sp?)
who is originally from France and speaks Japanese, French and English. There is no menu here but Philippe will whip something up to suit your dietary restrictions and appetite (when I was there, he asked about my dietary restrictions and how hungry I was, and then cooked an appropriate portion of something that seemed french inspired to me). He doesn't use meat but may use eggs and cheese; but will avoid these if asked. Needless to say the meal he made for me was delicious.

There is room for just about 8 people in the bar
and when I went (I am Indian american), there were 3 others, a French student, an American, and a jolly middle aged Japanese gentleman who ever so often burst into song! I shared drinks and food with these three strangers and had a really good time.

This is a cozy little place on the second floor of a building (its the door on your right) in a small alleyway with many little eating places. Google Maps is pretty accurate at finding the correct street but you will have to look closely to find the spot.

I give the food 4/5 stars and the atmosphere 5/5.

Pros: Friendly, cozy atmosphere, friendly clientle, Great food

Return to Kyoto Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: F. S. N. Bar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2412 times since May 2010.