Express Pizza

Contact 35838385

Mimersgade 102 (at Norrebro), Copenhagen, Denmark, 2200

Serves meat, vegan options available. Offers a separate menu with several vegan (vegansk) pizzas using vegan cheese and mock meat toppings, plus vegan burger, durum, and nachos. No English menu, but staff speaks a little English. Open Mon-Sun 12:00pm-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Pizza, Italian, Fast food, Non-veg

First Review by piffelina

Good pizza - Edit

If you want vegan pizza this is a good place to go.

I love their vegan pizza sandwich with "ham". Try ordering it without the cheese - it's so good.

It really is a shame that they don't deliver vegan food. You can order it online now to pick it up though.

Pros: good vegan pizza

Cons: no delivery

Hard to find, but good pizza - Edit

First of all, this place is hard to find. We're those tourists who didn't get a sim card so we were lost for a while trying to find this place, in the rain. All because we wanted pizza.

So, we found it. It's one block off the main street where the train is, Norrobrograde. Kinda tucked away in what looks like a condo complex. You'll almost give up hope on finding it until you spot a red flickering light in the distance that you think might say "express" and finally, you'll know you've arrived.

The vegan menu is on the counter. Pretty good selection of choices, the service is really friendly with limited English. But the language of pizza is pretty universal. The pizza was hot and tasty. It's not the best pizza I've ever had, but the struggle to get there made it that much more delicious. And for Americans who are kinda burnt out on Daiya covered pizzas, it's a nice change in taste.

Pros: Vegan meats and cheeses, Takes Credit Cards, Near Norrobrogade train station

Cons: Kinda out of the way

Great Pizza - Edit

I loved the pizza here. It's greasy and grimey like a usual pizza takeout place is - it is a usual pizza place afterall. But they have a vegan pizza menu or a create your own pizza option, which I got. I got vegan pepperoni, tomatoes and jalapeños (which they warned me were spicy and I was like, I know, that's why I'm ordering them) and they LOADED my pizza with the spiciest jalapeños I've ever tasted. So yeah, they weren't lying about them being spicy. Maybe I'll listen to them if I'm ever back in Copenhagen, because I'd certainly visit again.

Pros: delicious pizza, not too expensive (for a pizza), option to create your own pizza

Cons: crowded with meat-eaters

Vegan pizza Copenhagen - Edit

Pizzas :
1. tomato sauce , " cheese " and three slag Optional vegetables - 69 kr .

2. tomato sauce , " cheese ", " ham " and that slag Optional vegetables - 76 kr .

3. tomato sauce , " cheese ", " peperoni " and to slag Optional vegetables - 76 kr .

4. tomato sauce , " cheese " , "Chicken " and the slag Optional vegetables - 76 kr .

5. tomato sauce , " cheese ", " kebab " and the slag Optional vegetables - 76 kr .

Bedste fuldkornspizza jeg har kunnet finde i NV. Slår aldrig fejl, smager altid godt og kommer forbavsende hurtigt, selv på en travl fredag aften. Min ynglings pizzaria i kvarteret.

Pros: vegan pizza, pizza, food

Cons: vegansk

Very good! - Edit

They have a separate menu for the vegan food so just ask at the counter. The staff is very friendly and nice which is alway nice ! The pizzas are great but the vegetables are not to great kind of taste like canned food which is a shame. But overall really great pizza !

Great Vegan Pizza - Edit

Oh man... A proper vegan pizza is worth to die for. And believe me, these pizzas will rock your socks off. This is no place for a healthy food fanatic, but if you are looking for something substantial, this is it.
They have a separate vegan menu, which you have to ask for at the counter. You can find few pizza variations, sandwiches and durum wraps. Just go for it!

Pros: Ok price, tasty as hell, filling.

Cons: Not a veg-n place, so weird meat smells are inevit

Pretty cool - Edit

Small place, in a not so nice looking neighbourhood. They have five Vegan pizza options, a sandwich and a wrap. This is more of a take away joint with some seating inside.

We had a Vegan kebab pizza in a whole wheat base with vegan cheese, pineapple, onions, spinach, artichoke and mushrooms (79 dkk). The wrap is a vegan durüm/wrap whole wheat vegan ham lettuce tomatoes pepper and cucumber (50 dkk).

Pros: Good enough Vegan options

Cons: Location, Has Meat, Don't deliver Vegan

Delicious - Edit

I really LOVE the vegan pizza's from express pizza! The first time I ate there I was very disappointed, but then my friend told me they changed so I went there again and was VERY satisfied. I've tried all of their meat options and they're all great, but i prefer the chicken and kebab. The cheese is awesome.
But, the downside with this place is that they won't deliver the vegan pizzas, which I find very odd. We called them to ask why it is so, and got the answer "because we decided it", which is not an answer. We really can't figure out why it is so, and have tried all kinds of weird solutions like half vegan and half normal, but no, they just won't. And I don't understand it cause I would be eating there every other day if they delivered.

Pros: Delicious, Vegan Cheese And Meat, Just Great

Cons: Doesn't deliver

Vegan pizza! - Edit

A takeaway out of the main city centre, with about four tables to sit at and eat in, with an obligatory wagon wheel hanging from the ceiling. The staff didn't speak English, however they did speak the international language of Pizza so all was good. A fairly bog standard pizza place with the exception of fully vegan pizzas - cheese (Violife), chicken, pepperoni - the lot. You basically pick your 'meat' then choose veg toppings to go with it. I had 'chicken' with mushrooms and onions. The pizza was served quickly and had a lovely thin and crispy base and was frankly delicious. Well worth the walk out of town for a fat vegan lunch.

Pros: Awesome vegan pizza with cheeze, Open from lunch 'til late, Pizza - did I mention pizza?

Cons: Out of the way, Don't deliver vegan pizzas, Shabby takeaway place

Tasty pizza when you have a craving for junk food - Edit

This pizza place has been the second pizza place I've eaten at, offering vegan pizzas with mock meat. The pizzas they offer are priced a little more than "regular" ones but, to my mind, it is completely worth paying the prize. I have tried pizzas with all four vegan mock meat options they offer (ham, kebab, chicken and pepperoni) and I can highly advice trying vegan kebab pizza with onion and rucola.

In addition to that, they offer a sandwich option as well as wrap option with mock meats, so I'd say the choices are quite decent. And, most importantly, pizzas taste really, really good!

Pros: Great, friendly staff speaking English, Amazing, tasty food, A variety of vegan options

Cons: A little more priced than regular pizzas, Relatively hard to find

Vegansk pizza nørrebro - Edit

Har en kammerat der bor på mimersgade og jeg har i den forbindelse ofte fået sprøde lækre italienske vegans pizza pizzaer fra express pizza 's. De er bare gode hver gang og lavet på rigtig godt
www.expresspizza.dk

Har også prøvet deres burger nogle gange, som bestemt også er blandt de bedre (for et pizzaria), det er og bliver deres pizzaer der hittet på dette sted! Has kammerat der lives on Mimersgade and I am has connection often been Spröde lækre italienske veganere pizza pizzaer from Express pizza 's. They are nøgne good each bande and Lavet on Rigtig well
www.expresspizza.dk

Has Provet their burger some twice, which decided is also among the better (til et pizzaria), it is and will be their pizzaer der hittet in this place

It's OK! Or it's great! - Edit

This vegan pizza is ok quality - just like pizza in general i guess.
The only thing is: It is (on of the?) only place in town, where you can get vegan pizza.
This makes this pizza GREAT!
Thumbs up for this restaurant.
The only REALLY BIG problem is, that if you want a vegan pizza delivered, they will not do it, but they do it with non-vegan+vegetarian pizza - not ok!
But otherwise they're really friendly in the shop :)

Pros: Only vegan pizza in town, Near The Red Square (great place to eat), Friendly staff

Cons: Won't deliver vegan pizza

What you'd expect - Edit

Went here the other day, had a "ham" pizza with "cheese", family-sized. Shared with a friend. We gave around 70 dkk each.

The pizza itself was as you'd expect, nothing special at all. It was definately good, but the same as you could get anywhere in Copenhagen. I'd really love if they started putting more fresh veggies on the pizzas.
The special thing about this place is of course the vegan stuff; "cheese", "ham", "pepperoni" etc etc. It's good, definately, and i'd come here and eat again. That said, it's not that special.

Of course it's pretty nice to actually have a pizza place where you can order vegan, instead of having to make it at home. But i can't see any reason i should give this place more than 4 stars.

Pros: Standard pizza price, Fast service

Cons: Standard pizza place

Vegansk pizza På Nørrebro - Edit

God mad og hurtig levering. -i pizzaen, fordi der var lagt ting oven på låget. I øvrigt ville det være fint, hvis man kunne bestille vegansk fyld via hjemmesiden - kunne I ikke overveje det? ,Velkommen til Express Pizza

VEGANSKE PIZZAER FRA DEN 01-08-2013.

veganske toppings, som er lavet af sojabønner,
produkter som er ost, kebab, kylling, pepperoni, skinke og
alt er lavet af soja bønner og ikke indholder hverken kød eller mælkeprokter.
Kun afhentning ved telefon bestilling...

Pizzaer:
1. tomatsauce, "ost" og tre slags valgfri grøntsager - 69 kr.

2. tomatsauce, "ost", "skinke" og to slags valgfri grøntsager - 76 kr.

3. tomatsauce, "ost", "peperoni" og to slags valgfri grøntsager - 76 kr.

4. tomatsauce, "ost", "kylling" og to slags valgfri grøntsager - 76 kr.

5. tomatsauce, "ost", "kebab" og to slags valgfri grøntsager - 76 kr.

og du kan også få den med grovbund
Vi har 15% TILBUD Tibudet gælder kun for medlemmer. Du kan blive gratis medlem på vores medlems side eller logge ind hvis du allerede er medlem. (Tilbudet gælder ikke for produkter med special tilbud!) ÆGTE FULDKORNS PIZZAER PÅ NØRREBRO HOS EXPRESS PIZZA.
NÅR BUNDEN ER GROV, KAN DU SPISE FOR SJOV.

Updated from previous review on Thursday November 28, 2013

Pros: pizza,burger,vegansk pizza, pizza nørrebro

Cons: pizza nørrebro

Needs improvement - Edit

I want to like this place, but I can't say that I did.
The fake-meat was a bit undercooked and unseasoned. Instead they had added dried oregano all over the pizza. Might be a first unlucky try.

Pros: Vegan-friendly

Cons: Not very good pizza

Return to Copenhagen Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Express Pizza closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3143 times since Sep 2013.