First Review by DigDreams

skip this one - Edit

if you are looking for a quick vegan meal on the go, i don't recommend evos. there is only one option and it doesn't stay hot and fresh tasting for long. like any fast food joint, the food isn't healthy, but in terms of taste it isn't bad.

Cons: one option, gets cold quick

1 outdated vegan option on menu - Edit

Evos only has one vegan option, a "lean" vegan burger that tastes like it came from my freezer- processed and unimaginative. I wish they had a black bean burger or tempeh option. Instead, it's an 80's veg burger throwback. Fries are ok. I like the different flavor ketchups. Organic green iced tea was a nice drink option. Also ordered a mango "smoothie" that I think was made with premade guava juice and fresh mango. I looked up online later that it has a scary 45 grams of sugar. Overall, not a very healthy or creative menu and has very few vegan options.

1 Hot Veg Item Only - Edit

Sure they have salads on the menu, but I was looking for veggie wraps or sandwiches. They only offer a vegetarian burger to choose from. Not a great selection, IMO

Cons: not veggie friendly

Disappointed - Edit

My husband and I used to frequent evos, but a month or so ago they started having issues with their vegan burger suppliers, and they're not nearly what they used to be. The new patties are rubbery and don't have half the flavor they used to. The last several times we've been, our fries were also undercooked and at times cold. I used to look so forward to visiting evos and knew I could count on it when I was craving a burger, but anymore, I've just been terribly disappointed.

Cons: Rubbery, Undercooked, Disappointing

Fast & Healthy! - Edit

I like their baked fries and the vegan burger is big and tasty. I also like their various ketchup flavors! However, I think this place is suited more for vegetarians as they don't have a lot of vegan options. I am thrilled that they are close by and that we even have a healthy fast food place like this!

Pros: Fast, good value

Cons: Not a lot of vegan options

One of my favorites - Edit

I would eat here several times a month while I lived in Tampa. This is one of my favorite places in general. I'm sad that they do not have them where I live now. They are very veg friendly and the prices are good. I wish I could go there now!

Pros: Prices, Taste, Locations

Cons: none

Great fast food option - Edit

Have eaten here many times and have never been disappointed! Gives people, whether they are vegan or not, a healthier option than the traditional fast food joints. I love how easy their menu is to choose from, because it clearly shows what items are vegan or available in vegan. They have the best veggie burger of any place that I have eaten! Love the atmosphere and the service is great, always have a great experience! Highly reccomend to everyone: herbivore, omnivore, or carnivore!

Pros: Healthier options for fast food, Vegan options are great, Great atmosphere

Cons: There aren't enough of them around

fast food that is sord of healthy - Edit

Good food, owners are caring about the environment and health. Good tastes, convenient, at the end of the day, its much better than other fast food options.

Pros: fast, taste, better than MCD's

Cons: not super healthy

yummy milkshakes - Edit

My favorite thing at Evos is the chocolate shake. They are so good and you can get extras like protein powder. Even with the protein powder it tastes so yummy. I also get the air fires and love that they have a few different ketchup flavors to choose from. Although I don't eat meat anymore it makes me happy to be supporting a business that is responsible about their meat.

Pros: healthy, fast, responsible

Cons: need more locations

Excellent Fast Food - Edit

This is where I go when I crave a burger and fries. Food is good, but as a vegan, I'm finding that options are limited. It's better for vegetarians, if you're not overly concerned with eggs and milk. All in all, I like their concept.

Pros: Food items labeled - veg, vegan, etc., Food not fried, Herbal Iced Tea as an optional drink

Cons: Not enough vegan options

Friendly place, good food - Edit

My best friend and I often stop by Evos between classes. The staff there is very friendly, they know who we are and exactly how I want my veggie-burger done! While I will agree that it's not entirely worth the price (in my opinion, the air fries are often under-done and dry, and the chili is really hit or miss. Cost of shakes is rather pricey for what they are), it's still nice to have "American" food between our ethnic adventures. Also might now be the best if you're in a rush. There have been times where I order something like a fruit cup, and they have to go chop up the fruit. While I like that it's fresh, it also took 15 minutes on top of the wait time for our other items. Still, I think it's a good alternative when eating out with non-veg companions, I feel they have something for everyone.

Pros: good food, friendly staff

Cons: pricey, sometimes slow

Got their start with vegetarians - Edit

Evos started as a little shop on Bay-To-Bay that was completely vegetarian, and had some really imaginative and delicious veggie burgers. As they've moved and expanded, they've systematically removed the better veggie burgers in favor of more (and more, and more) meat products. At this point, I've watched the kitchen staff take a spatula from a meat sandwich directly to a veggie sandwich, which really is a disappointment. They had a good start, but they say market forces have pushed them away from their original supporters.

They do have veggie corn dogs and chili, nice (not too greasy) fries, and nice ketchups. But the kitchens are, frankly, questionable.

Pros: Good values, Okay choices, Had a nice start

Cons: More and more meat, Not veggie friendly sanitation, Tends to be expensive

Good, cheap and fast option for vegans - Edit

The champion burger is their original burger and it's vegan. It is a soy patty that comes with lettuce, tomato, onion, lettuce and tomato. I really love their air fries. They are baked and much lower fat than regular fries and very delicious. They also have a fun ketchup bar with different flavors such as spicy, mesquite, and garlic ketchup. You can order a combo meal with the Champion burger of air fries and a smoothie. They have several vegan smoothies on their menu. They indicate clearly which options are vegan or can be made vegan. This is a great place to take omnivores and a cheap meal on the run.

The only downside is they say their are healthy but they still have a lot of meat and it seems like they have more since the last time I visited.

Pros: Cheap, Air Fries, Vegan options

Cons: Lots of meat

neat place - Edit

healthy fast food will catch on some day. This is a fast fun spot to get a quick vegan friendly bite. Its worth the trip. There are some crazy reviews below, which I don't doubt happen, but go here for the concept. Its really fun to walk up to a counter and order a vegan burger and have it instantly!

Cons: fast food

Bet soy burger anywhere! - Edit

I can't say enough about their tasty vegetarian burger. It's by far the best I have ever had. They are a little pricey, but it's worth it. Their "Air Fries" with a selection of gourmet catsups tops it all off.

Pros: Bet soy burger anywhere, Gourmet catsups, Air Fries

Cons: A little pricey

Return to Tampa Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Evos closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2966 times since Aug 2007.