EVOO in the Courtyard

709-738-1011

5 Becks Cove, St Johns, Newfoundland, Canada, A1C 6H1

Serves meat, vegan options available. Mediterranean restaurant in Murray Premises Hotel courtyard. Has a separate vegan menu with pasta, wood fired pizza, bruschetta; uses cashew cheese on pizza. Wednesday is vegan Open Mon-Sun 5:00pm-10:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Pizza, Italian, Mediterranean, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by marturey

Delicious and Intimate Restaurant@ - Edit

If you're looking for a classy place to go for delicious vegan options, definitely check out EVOO! A whole seperate dedicated vegan menu, not to mention the Vegan Wednesdays, where the chefs try out new vegan menu items (like a Cheese Platter!!!)
The food is just delicious!
They also have 2-for-1 specials, and the staff are helpful and friendly.

Pros: Delicious vegan food, Great Specials, Wonderful Atmosphere

Love this place! - Edit

An entire separate vegan menu with pizzas, soups, appetizers, and deserts! The pizza is top quality, and the cashew cheese is AMAZING. way better than soy cheese. I love coming here.

Pros: Amazing vegan food, Delicious olive oil on tables , Nice vibe

Cons: Slow service, Only offered one type of dessert last time I there

Ask to see the vegan menu - it will make you smile ;) - Edit

I was completely shocked when I passed by EVOO and saw a sandwich board outside inviting people to come try their new vegan menu. So we did. I was delighted to see a completely separate vegan menu with appetizers and entrees choices (pasta, pizza, bruschetta, soup). The pizza was fantastic. I had the Mediterranean pizza which was amazing. I'm a huge pizza fan and the crust was perfect. Cooked in a fire oven. The cashew cheese was very good. The dessert was heavenly (a cheesecake with a peanut butter base). My spouse had the Balsamic pizza that was good but I preferred the one I ordered. We also had the olives with garlic toast appetizers which was also nice.

The restaurant itself is cool. Casual, romantic, and dark and chic. Some people were dressed up, others more casual. They have a cool bar area in the back too. When we arrived it was quite busy but it was a Saturday night. The service was also really good. I was actually blown away by the quality of the food and service. The server explained that on Wednesdays they also have vegan night where they have new additions to their vegan menu. They post info about this on their Facebook page.

The vegan menu consisted of two different pizza options with cashew cheese, there two pasta dishes (one with wild mushroom ragout, kale, and cashew parm, the other was a penne with peppers, olives, arugula, zucchini, cashew parm). The pizzas and pastas were priced between $18-$20. The pizza was a decent portion size for one person. Many apps too. The dessert wasn't on the menu but the waitress told us about it and it was a great vegan cheesecake.

We will definitely be retuning. They truly exceeded our expectations.

Pros: food was delicious , separate vegan menu, lovely atmosphere and service

Cons: serves meat

Return to St Johns Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has EVOO in the Courtyard closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.