Everlasting Life Restaurant

• Vegan
Contact 301-324-6900

9185 Central Ave, Capitol Heights, Maryland, USA, 20743

Organic market, bakery, deli, juice bar, and sit-down dining. Food is vegan soul food, hot and cold dishes. Located in Kingdom Square formerly known as Hampton Mall. Previously named Everlasting Life Soul Vegetarian. Also manages a vegan food truck serving the Washington DC area - see website.

Category: Vegan, American, Buffet, Fast food, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by ahaus829

Health Food - Edit

Best kept secret to good health ... was diabetic before making Everlasting Life's cuisine my diet. They offer great tasting vegan soul food plus raw vegan items.

Pros: Food cooked fresh dialy, In business longer than others, 100% vegan

Good Food, Friendly Staff - Edit

This restaurant was not what I expected, but I was happy once I understood what they were. It is pretty much like a buffet bar, but they serve you into takeout trays. You can take your food to the other side and seat yourself and eat. Their food variety changes daily. They have an incerdible veggie bowl which you can choose your add ons, much like Chipotle. The vegan sour cream was great, also they have vegan cheese. The downside is that the food is in the warming tray a long time and can get mushy... I got a mushy eggplant dish one day. The desserts are awesome, but not made in house. The mac n cheeze and their lo mein was good too! I went back the whole time I was in town.

Pros: All Vegan, Awesome Veggie (Chipotle Style) Bowl, Tons Of Vegan Desserts

Cons: Food Sits In Chafing Dish For Hours, Everything Comes As Carryout

Tasty Food Friendly Staff - Edit

Cafeteria style kitchen with a attached dining area
Lots of tofu items
Vegan giant donuts each big enough for two or three people

Pros: Flavor, Staff, Prices

Cons: Oversized Portions, Tofu, Fat

Best of 6 We Visited in D C - Edit

As a member of a party of 4 who spent this past weekend visiting D C,we divided our energy between the sights and Vegan food we had searched out in advance. All 4 agreed this was our best meal.They offer several entrees, which change daily, and a great range of side dishes.A large plate heaped with 4 choices of sides was about $10.00.Mac & Cheese and spicy tofu points were top favorites. Fried chicken sandwich was incredible, and called for a 2nd to share.Samples were generously offered.Place was clean and staff was clearly thrilled with serving excellent Vegan food.

Pros: 100% Vegan, Home cooked, Variety

Cons: Too far from where we live!!

too much nutritional yeast - Edit

Yuck. This place was not what I expected. Needs a makeover and some better cooks. The salad bar was all over seasoned with nutritional yeast. The cucumber salad wasn't even good! How can you mess that up??

Cons: bad value, gross food, too much nutritional yeast

First Visit Very impressed - Edit

My friend and i were doing a 7 day raw food diet to see how we felt and wanted to go out for food. We found this place and loved it. Had a beautiful smoothing delicious and tofu meal. Enjoyed very much and reasonable price

A hidden Gem - Edit

My dad's restaurant(non-vegan) is about 5-10 minutes away from here.
I recommend-

bbq tofu
mac n cheese
soft serve
pizza(in a plastic container)
lemon cheesecake

i haven't had much, but what I did have was phenomenal.

btw, A lady at my dad's restaurant that ate the typical american diet tried the mac n cheese and loved it!

Pros: vegan soul food, mac and cheese, soft serve

Cons: sometimes the mac n cheese is out!

Worth a detour. - Edit

Whenever I return from court appearances in Southern Maryland and Washington, D.C., I do my best to eat at Everlasting Life, respectively, in Capitol Heights and Washington, D.C. Without exception, the people have been wonderful, and the food has been fresh and delicious.

It takes wonderful talent consistently to make healthy, tasty and fresh vegan food, and Everlasting Life hits a homerun. I am a vegan, and first ate here in 2001.

Pros: Vegan, Friendly. , Fresh.

Cons: No cons. Only pros.

EverPleasing - Edit

Everlasting Life is not a place with a few vegan plates, but 99% - 100% vegan, the 1% percent is depending on your veiw of honey. The servers are nice and informative. The complex often has guest speakers, health siminars, cooking classes and also a live jazz band, on select nights. Everlasting Life is also easy to find, being that it can be seen from I95, at MD Route 214 West.

Pros: Great carryout alternative, monthly vegan cooking class, seminars

Cons: Only 2 stores in D.C. Metro area, Complex is 1/3 the size that it once was, no longer has grocery store

No worries choosing what to eat - Edit

The first time I tried this place, I wasn't aware it was totally vegan so I asked about ingredients in everything. My faves are the Mac and Cheese (it's the best), BBQ tofu, and the incredible variety of cold salads (potato, macaroni, bean curd, mung bean, kale and on and on). Lots of non vegan customers looking for the organic or healthy sources of food go here. They recently changed the format to offer a daily ethnic choice. Chinese, Tex/Mex, etc.

Pros: 100% vegan, friendly staff, vegan softserve

Cons: only one in MD

One of the Best - Edit

The "Soul Veg" family of stores are simply some of the best vegan establishments out there. It is so nice to go in and know that I can order anything off the menu. The Brunch is the best I've ever been to. The Mac'n'Cheese is the best I've ever had--vegan or otherwise. I wish I could eat here every day!

Pros: Good value, 100% Vegan!

Return to Capitol Heights Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Everlasting Life Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 7719 times since Aug 2007.