Evergreen Vegetarian House

39-A Cantonment Road, Georgetown, Penang, Malaysia, 10250

Very large buffet with over 30 dishes of various veggie curries, fried noodle, dumplings, mock-meats, tofu, steam-stuffed bread, noodle soups, and few prepackaged items. No garlic and onion. Self-service and pay for food by weight/size of plate. Near One Stop shopping mall of Pulau Tikus, east of Jalan Burma. Open Mon-Tue 7:00am-9:00pm, Thu-Sun 7:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Chinese, Buffet, Asian, Malaysian

First Review by allan79

Tasty buffet, menu items okay - Edit

I have to start by saying: this place is vegan! Yeeey! okay, that said, my friend and I dined there the other day. I have to say that we got to the restaurant when they were about to close, so we have limited buffet choices. Nevertheless, they were very accommodating. I had a steamed bun and sticky rice in lotus leaf. They were both pretty good. The selection of steamed buns was overwhelming and I am a sucker for dim sum-style foods.

The issue was my friend's food. She ordered tom yam soup with noodles and instead she got fried noodles that she did not like because they tasted like noodles with tomato sauce.

They called a taxi for us and invited us to wait inside even though they were closed. Nice people!

The restaurant is around the corner from the reclining buddha temple.

Pros: Vegan, Nice staff, Huge selection

Cons: Not so close to George Town center

Free dinning - Edit

Due to traffic jam i was reached there about 8.20pm for my dinning last night.The workers were tided up the shop but still were some patrons had their meal inside.
As usual,i approved to the food counter,there were some dishes left and were quit fresh so i intended to have some rice to go with but it was sold out.I had no choice to ask for the a la carter meal ,again it was no available.
At the moment,a man (later i learnt is the boss) offered me to have the leave-over dishes without rice to go if i did not mind,he said that i could had as much as i wanted and it was free.He was just generous and i thanked for him.
After the meal,I thought than the food was free because it was a waste if through away and took it as a granted but the drink must be charged so to gain a litter profit back and i went to the cashier to pay but the cashier replied me the boss(a man who offered me the food)said it was free and i didn't have to pay for the drink as well. This was astonished me again and what i could expressed was thanked again.what a kind people indeed..

Pros: tasty

Cons: limited parking lot , packed, msg

Spoilt for Choice - Edit

We were recommended Evergreen by two people who said it was the best veg place in Penang. Was slightly overwhelmed by the choice of food - mostly "mock" meats and fish, but also tofu, tempeh and a good variety of vegetable dishes. Very cheap. Highly recommended.

Pros: Cheap, good location, variety

Cons: can get very busy

Multiple choices - Edit

Evergreen V.H. is one of my favourite restaurant when i am at Pulau Tikus area. The food served in variety type and kept warm at all times. I like their Curry mee very much, yummy! But need more improvement in Hokkien Mee and Laksa. In general, it is a nice restaurant to go as it is located near Gurney area. Veggie lovers should render your support to this veggie restaurant.

Pros: Healthy cuisine, Variety choice

Cons: Small place, Flies over food

Return to Penang Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Evergreen Vegetarian House closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4596 times since Aug 2007.