Everest Nepal Restaurant

719-473-3890

28 E Bijou St, Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA, 80903

Serves meat, vegan options available. Indian food restaurant offering both vegetarian and vegan choices. Buffet at lunchtime. Open Mon-Fri 11:00am-3:00pm, 4:30pm-9:30pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Buffet, Take-out, Nepalese, Non-veg

First Review by AronCromwell

Excellent service and fresh food! - Edit

Could'nt agree with Aaron more. We found this place during our visit and coming from India we are picky about food from the Indian subcontinent. We thoroughly enjoyed the service (great customer service) and food was fresh and delicious. We will be back here when we are in town next!

Pros: great service, fresh food, no color or additives

A favorite haunt - Edit

My wife and I have enjoyed Everest Nepal for years. Contrary to another review, we've always found the service to be friendly and quick and the food quite decent--especially considering the reasonable prices. Try the Vegetable Biryani, which is one of our favorites--it's better than Little Nepal's (which we can only afford on special occasions).

Pros: Good selection vegetarian comfort food, Pleasant, cozy dining, Good, inexpensive meals

Cons: Not every dish is wonderful

So so - Edit

I've eaten here several times over the years and am never in much of a hurry to come back. The food is not bad, but nothing to get excited about. For the best Indian food in town with lots of veggie options, try Taste of India: http://www.tasteofindiasprings.com/

Pros: downtown location, lots of selection

Cons: food is just "ok"

Bland and Slow - Edit

Simply the worst restaurant experience our family has ever had. After waiting an hour for our food it shows up cold and unapologetic. We had the Veggie Thali, Veggie Korma: the Thali let me sample many of the dishes there.

I have eaten at Indian and Nepalese restaurants across the US and in India.
While I am used to a lot of US Indian food being tasteless, this restaurant set a new low standard. Dry, lifeless, and bland best describe all of our food. There was simply NO spice or flavor at all- one dish was like cold canned spinach, the veggie korma like a pack of assorted frozen vegetables that was microwaved.

Poor service although we were almost the only party in the restaurant-for instance, I waited 25 minutes for a water refill.

I explained my problems to the management who did not care about the wait we endured nor the food quality problems ("why not you say you want flavor"- this lack of compassion was surprising.

To top off our trip my niece vomited as soon as we got home.

You literally could not pay me to go back.

PS- do not think for a moment that this is a Nepalese restaurant the only thing Nepalese here is the decor (which I liked)

Pros: nice decor

Cons: Bland, Cold, Poor Service

Return to Colorado Springs Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Everest Nepal Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.