Everest Cuisine

Contact 605-343-4444

2328 W Main St, Rapid City, South Dakota, USA, 57702

Serves meat, vegan options available. Nepali and Indian food menu with some vegetarian dishes. Offers a lunch buffet, and staff can point out the vegan suitable items. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Indian, Buffet, Delivery, Take-out, Nepalese, Non-veg

First Review by Labylala

so delicious! so much flavor! spicy! - Edit

One of the best restaurants in town. Several vegetarian and vegan options. They will make the dishes and mild or as spicy as you want. The dishes are Indian spicy not American spicy so they will pack a punch. For the. Vegetarians I recommend the garlic naan and mushroom mutter. You won't be disappointed.

Limited vegan options for lunch buffet - Edit

I went during the lunch buffet, and the vegan options were quite limited that day. I ate until I was full, but I wasn't overly happy with the meal. I'd go back again, if I was in town longer, to try the normal menu outside of lunch buffet times.

Recommendation: call before going in, to figure out how many vegan options are on the lunch buffet that day.

Friendly employees and fresh ingredients.

Pros: Friendly, Fresh

Cons: Serves meat, Limited vegan options

satisfying - Edit

Everything seemed a little questionable, as butter was mentioned a lot on the menu, but I requested no dairy and was given an understanding response, and nothing really tasted buttery, but anyway, it shouldn't stop you from going here. Everything was delicious, we went with the aloo gobi and chana masala (the 2 dishes I usually order as a test at any Indian restaurant). Both were flavorful and satisfying. The samosas were also fantastic. Make sure to order the naan without butter.

Pros: flavorful

Cons: slow, language

Delicious variety, knowledgeable staff, high rate - Edit

The buffet has salads, appetizers, desserts, vegetarian and more.
There are so many selections at buffet I could not try them all. Food is filling, discernible, different,
Quiet atmosphere. Very clean. Many selections. Steady customer base and now I am one. I've been looking for a healthy NON- preservative tasty place to eat. Plenty of parking. I just had buffet. The menu has so many selections I do not know what they are.
Everything was superb.

Pros: Very clean, Staff not interrupting diners, 4 page menu, specials & buffet. Wow

Cons: None noted

Decent vegan options/all curries are GF - Edit

I called the restaurant before heading over. The gentleman who answered the phone (owner?) did not speak English well and seemed confused by my questions. He put another man on the phone who assured me that the around 60% of their vegetable dishes were vegan.

When we arrived, the 2nd man I had spoken to on the phone seated us. He asked if we were the ones who had called. He was very helpful regarding ingredients. He said that most of the vegetable dishes (except 2-3) could be prepared vegan. We ordered straight vegan options: channa masala (spicy chickpeas), alu saag (spinach/potato), and an okra dish (cannot remember name). A traveling companion eats gluten-free, so hearing that all the curries are GF was good news.

The food was terrific--especially the okra dish. The okra was not slimy--it had a lot of texture and was the highlight of the meal for me. The spinach/potato dish was good, but a bit boring. Channa masala is one of my 'go-to' dishes and the version at Everest was tasty. Our omnivore companions enjoyed their food as well. And, the food was served with a lot of rice.

I would recommend this restaurant. It's a typical ethnic restaurant--kind of a 'hole in the wall.' When we entered (Wednesday before 6pm), there were already a lot of customers. The location (next to a gas station) leaves a lot to be desired. But, it was conveniently near the road to Mt Rushmore.

NOTE: If you are traveling, the restaurant offers plastic containers with tight lids for leftovers. We had some of the 'extras' for lunch the next day.

Pros: Lots of vegan/vegetarian options, Curries are GF, On the way to Mt Rushmore

Cons: Location, Kind of a 'dive,' but didn't bother me

A good find in Rapid City! - Edit

Before we begin to roam around in Rapid City, we came here for lunch because we wanted Indian food and it had an outdoor sitting that we can sit with our dog. The menu had about 10+ items that are vegetarian but instead, we decided to have the lunch buffet ($9.99 per person). There were 4 out of 8 items that are vegan dishes. The food was delicious! The waiter was very friendly and pointed out the vegan food at the buffet for us. He even brought some food over for our dog! Overall, it's a good place to stop by if you are looking for good vegetarian and vegan options in Rapid city (which is hard to find!).

Pros: Vegan Options, Delicious food and good pricing, Friendly staff

Cons: serves meat as well

Return to Rapid City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Everest Cuisine closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1571 times since Aug 2013.