Everest Cafe

• Veg-friendly
Contact 314-621-2021

4145 Manchester Ave, St Louis, Missouri, USA, 63110

Serves meat, vegan options available. Predominately meat restaurant with a section of vegetarian dishes which are cooked separately from the meat dishes (ask). New location since 2008.

Category: Indian, Buffet, Nepalese, Korean, Non-veg

First Review by SynthVegan

Interesting dining experience - Edit

The couple who owns the restaurant support a cause in addition to serving Nepalese, Indian, and Korean food. See the website for information for information on the couple's mission as well as information about the types of vegetarians and other information.

I enjoyed TOFU WITH FRESH VEGETABLES/BABY SPINACH (Gluten free) Firm, organic tofu cooked with fresh mixed vegetables in authentic Nepali style sauce and garnished with green onions.

Tasty but too salty.

It appears that alcoholic beverages are not much of a concern. The warm rice wine was interesting, but there is no single malt scotch offered. One does not really expect scotch in a restaurant such as this. A greater variety of teas would be appreciated.

my fave restaurant - Edit

There are lots of vegan dishes on the lunch buffet each day. Each vegan dish is clearly marked "vegan", and there are usually 2 or 3 + the rice. I go at least once a week, and while the servers may forget to tell you to go ahead & go back to the buffet, or they may forget to offer you something other than water, you can always ask for a different drink item (full bar), and the servers are all very friendly. Adore the place!

Pros: delicious food, healthy food, friendly staff

Cons: a little understaffed

Namaste! - Edit

My first encounter with Everest Cafe was a few years back at the Taste of St. Louis downtown. I fell in love with their vegetable samosas. From then on Devi, the owner, began calling me the Queen of Samosas. :)

I do like the new location in the Grove much better than the old Washington location. But I haven't frequented them as much since becoming vegan because I didn't find the choices to be plentiful. However, Devi is always more than happy to "create" something for you! He and his wife are always very nice; he treats you like family when you're there. Whatever I order is always very good, very fresh, and quite filling. Prices are reasonable. I can feed my family a complete dinner for about $20 total (when eating from the buffet), as opposed to about $20 per person (for a complete meal) at some of the other restaurants.

The place is very clean. The decor is pleasant and intriguing. And as someone else mentioned Devi is extremely knowledgeable about the food he prepares. This restaurant is perfect for family, friends, dating, and solo outings.

Pros: vegetable samosas; healthy food, friendly, knowledgeable staff, very clean

Cons: serves many meat dishes, need more vegan options

Parking... - Edit

I forgot to put in my two vegan cents here. #1. New location is way freak'n better than the old one, like by leaps and bounds. The vegan options aren't a plenty and the waiter had to ask the chef/owner (i'm assuming) what was and what wasn't. Just write it on the menu! I got the sampler platter. It was so so. I suggest you hit Raj's or Gokul for similar dishes. (I know Nepal and India aren't the same, but its close!) Its a good change of pace for a vegan stranded in St.louis, though. Just keep in mind the area is very dangerous.

Cons: needs more vegan, mark vegan on the menu

Great food and experience - Edit

I went for the lunch buffet they had great Vegan dishes that was seperated from the non-vegan foods. The owner is very friendly and concerned about you health. The environment is warm and the prize is low.

AMAZING Nepalese Food!!! - Edit

This is an excellent Nepalese restaurant. Although they do make some meat dishes, they have a wide array of Vegan dishes available [and all of the Vegan dishes are cooked separately/away from the meat dishes]. I've spoken with the owner on several occasions; according to him, all of the food is organic and I'm extremely impressed with his knowledge of Vegan dishes. He is dedicated to healthy eating/cooking and passing that along to his customers; I'm sure if you talk to him, he will impress you as well - he is also one of the nicest guys you'll meet. None of the dishes [according to him] are cooked with butter or cream, in fact, everything is cooked as healthily as possible. I was very lucky to stumble upon this restaurant!!!

The "Vegetable Takari" dish is amazing! Also, be sure to check out their buffet, as they generally have several Vegan options, including Vegan Naan!!!

I give this restaurant 5 happy cows [the site won't let me give any more than 4].

Pros: Excellent Buffet, HEALTHY!!!, Vegan Options!!!

Return to St Louis Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Everest Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2679 times since Oct 2007.