Even Stevens Sandwiches

( 1 review )
480-656-1629

1015 S Rural Rd, Tempe, Arizona, USA, 85281

Serves meat, vegan options available. Utah-based sandwich shop chain. For every sandwich purchased the company donates a sandwich to a local charity. Menu marks the vegan items, includes a breakfast burrito, hummazing sandwich, and jackfruit torta. Open Mon-Sat 7:00am-10:00pm, Sun 9:00am-4:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, American, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by Tigra220

OK, But Needs Improvement - Edit

I went to the newest Even Stevens location, which recently opened in Tempe, AZ. It is much smaller than the Gilbert and Phoenix locations, but it stays packed. The parking lot is small, so you may have to circle to find a space. It's free parking though, if you can find a space.

I ordered the New Morrissey, which is my favorite Even Stevens vegan food item, along with vegan Brava Tots. The breakfast burrito was good, however, I received plain tots instead of the brava, for which I paid. I find that there are often mistakes with my order here, so the kitchen needs to take a couple of extra seconds to verify order details.

I am also not a fan of how not all ingredients are listed on the menu (and the cashiers are not always knowledgeable in this regard). For instance, the breakfast burrito comes with tomatoes, which I do not eat. You cannot omit allergy or disliked items unless you know what an item contains.

Aside from those issues, I still love their charitable cause of giving one sandwich to the needy for each sandwich sold. They have live music on some days, which is also nice.

For those who drink, they offer alcohol.

Pros: several vegan options, donates to a great cause, crushed ice available

Cons: on the smaller side, parking lot is small, they mess up orders a lot

Return to Tempe Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Even Stevens Sandwiches closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.