European Street Cafe

• Veg-friendly
Contact 904-249-3001

992 Beach Blvd, Jacksonville Beach, Florida, USA, 32250

Serves meat, vegan options available. Multiple locations serving large selection sandwiches/heros/clubs, plus salads and other mains. Offers some marked vegetarian items and a veg section. Relaxed atmosphere.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, American, Western, Beer/Wine, Take-out, European, Non-veg

First Review by Collin.sandoe

So good, I ordered 2 meals. - Edit

Many vegan options and the cashew cheese was amazing. I had the barbq tempeh pita and the raw vegan sausage sandwich. Both were awesome. Also try the vegan chocolate moose pie. It was great. Will definitely be back to try more.

Pros: Great food, Cashew cheese, Vegan desert

little oasis of culture - Edit

Naturally I love this place for the fact alone that they carry Shakti Life Raw foods. I adore that they have this gourmet raw cuisine to such a huge mainstream. Their veggie and vegan options are outstanding, with vegan hot dogs, raw sauerkraut, veggie pitas, gluten free bread options, the best cashew cheeses, and beautiful salads. An other-worldly selection of beers, they also have Sierra Nevada, a great vegan non gmo brand. The atmosphere is lovely, you can sit under a covered patio out front, belly up to the bar, have a nice long table with friends, or find a cozy quiet corner booth. I am not a dessert person, so I'm not aware of vegan dessert options, but if I were just vegetarian, this seems to be a great spot to get it.

Pros: Very Vegan and Raw Friendly, Huge Selection, Inexpensive

Cons: A little dark inside. Intimate?, Would like more vegan soups, Herbal Teas would be nice!

Cool Place - Edit

I was pleasantly surprised. I went with a vegetarian who recommended this because I am vegan, and another person with no dietary restrictions. We all enjoyed our meals. I was very happy with the selection and flair of vegan foods. I ordered Athena's Gift, which is a raw vegan sausage sandwich with cashew cheese, spring mix and tomatoes. The bread looked like a flatbread and was great as well. The flavors were good and I finished my plate. There are a lot of German options on the menu and it was neat how they incorporated it also with vegan and raw items. Will go again when in the area!

Pros: Huge menu, Diverse flavors, Raw foods

Cons: Decor is quite themed.

wonderful! - Edit

Excellent food and service. I enjoyed the cashew cheese with flax crackers and the lemon chiffon cake. The waitress knew what vegan is! Their menu lists vegetarian items but you have to ask what is vegan. I'm visiting from out of town but I will return if I return to Jacksonville.

A Place For Everyone - Edit

I love how this cafe has a complete portion for vegans! Also meals for raw vegans as well. (Including raw and not raw vegan desserts) even though it's not all vegan and vegetarian, their menu options have a lot of thought and execution in their dishes. Some are simply beautiful. (Sally Salad being one) When I say for everyone, my mother refuses to eat anything without meat and loves their meat sandwiches their as well. There you have it, vegan,vegetarian, and meat-eaters can all enjoy. :)

Pros: Vegan/Vegetarian Partial Menu, Great Food, Calm atmosphere

Cons: Slow Service

Has vegetarian, vegan, and even some raw options - Edit

Always a good place.

Pros: Vegetarian, Raw, and Vegan, Many options, Multiple locations around Jax

Cons: Restaurant is dated, Small, Never spectacular service

Vegan and raw items right on the menu. - Edit

In Jacksonville, Veg options are limited but do exist. You just need to do a little research. I'm giving European street 5 stars because of the menu! There are options and items on their menu at all of their locations. The vegan food is good but not stellar. Check the menu out! The atmosphere is casual and is packed at lunch time with lots of business people. It's a casual and warm atmosphere and no need to dress up.

Great option with options. - Edit

When you first walk into European Street Cafe, it feels as though it is typical. Giving it a second look you find that it is a progressive cafe with many vegan, vegetarian, gluten free and raw dishes that will surprise the typical eater. This family owned and operated restaurant sports an impressive menu full of a wide variety of fares. Aside from the small logo for vegan and raw/gf/vegan dishes, there is a tremendous vegetarian section of twelve items, half of them with the raw/gf/vegan logo of the local business Shakti. I chose one such entree: the bean burrito wrap. It had cashew cheese, salsa, tomato, lettuce, in a raw spinach tortilla. It was served with thoroughly washed grapes, a pickle and house made raw corn chips. It was wonderful. I complimented my meal with the mouth watering raw chocolate mocha cheesecake in the display case.
The decor of the cafe is nice, aside from the lavender walls. The bathrooms spotless and the servers are prompt and friendly. There is even a small side shoppe with a wide variety of beer and wine from which to choose. Overall it was a bit pricey ($12 for my burrito), however you get what you pay for and the food was healthy and tasty. Hope to travel there again soon.

Pros: Healthy and tasty, Wide selection, Clean and friendly

Cons: Purple walls, Musty smell, Bit pricy

Return to Jacksonville Beach Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has European Street Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1386 times since Jul 2010.