Ethos Cafe

Contact 098265454

34D Portage Rd, New Lynn, Auckland, New Zealand, 0600

Serves meat, vegan options available. Cafe inside the East West Organics shop in New Lynn. Serves a selection of food and coffee. Vegan options are labeled. Kitchen closes at 2:30 for menu items, but cabinet foods are available until 4pm. Play area for children. Attached to a (non-veg) shop. Mon-Sun 7:30am-4:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Western, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by psiphi75

Great food and athmosphere - Edit

Had the cabinet salads and some sweet treats with an omnivore fried for lunch, we both loved all the food. Really light and spacious premises with lots of seating and interesting art on the walls. Nice to see some food plants growing outside too. The vegan cakes were really good and the salads were great value.

Pros: Really tasty food, Great space, Lots of parking!

Cons: Limited vegan menu items

I don't trust them... - Edit

I ordered their "vegan" cake that was available the day I was there and they served it with dairy yoghurt. I Ask what it was and if it was vegan (you would think I could assume it was vegan since it came with vegan cake....) and they didn't know but said they thought it was. It took them until the person I was with had finished their meal and coffee before they came back to tell me it was not vegan. After that I didn't trust the cake either!!

Pros: Cake looked nice

Cons: Slow service, Limited vegan options , Lack of product knowledge

Nice Atmosphere, good food - Edit

We have been here twice. The first time they bungled almost every aspect of our order. Although the staff are friendly. There is a small play area for kids. There are some vegan options (had to ask) and the food is good, but not excellent.

Pros: Good food

Cons: limited vegan options

Return to Auckland Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Ethos Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1727 times since Jan 2014.