First Review by EdenSilvers

Great little shop - Edit

I popped in to Ethica on a trip to Plymouth and was pleasantly surprised. It stocks many vegan products that are hard to find in the UK like Follow Your Heart, Mozzarisella & Vegusto, as well as many Amy's Kitchen foods, Vbites, sweets, sweet sauces, cooking sauces, vegan beans and sausage etc. I definitely recommend going out of your way to visit. I got a bag full for £30 too so it was excellent value for money! 100% will return if I'm in Plymouth again.

Pros: Hard to find products, Reasonable prices , Good variety

Vegan Heaven? - Edit

Such a good store to browse around with loads of interesting and new vegan products. The shop is small, however stuffed to the brim; nonetheless. The confectionary/sweets/chocolate range is incredible, enough to get any vegan excited!! They even had Lenny & Larry's cookies which I have been looking EVERYWHERE for. They also have an extensive cosmetics and beauty range, as well as labelling everything clearly with an "O" for organic, "L" for local and "C" for gives to charity. Overall a great place to visit if yore around Plymouth.

Pros: lots of vegan sweets , decent price , cosmetic range

amazing shop! - Edit

I absolutely love ethica, have been shopping in there since I became a vegan and every time I go in they have something new.

A Level Ethics - Edit

Not sure if you can still study ethics at A level and why would you want to. You certainly wouldn't learn about animal cruelty I'm sure. Ethica is a great modern store packed full of vegan goodies in the form of foodstuffs, confectionery, toiletries, vitamin products, household items and baking ingredients. There is a large upright fridge and freezer section at the rear well stocked with the likes of Frys, Vegusto, Tofurkey and V-Bites items as well as other more unusual and rarer items imported from Europe. For example, vegan cheeses and sausages from Germany. This place will certainly give Holland and Barrett a run for it's money and I know who I would rather be giving my money too that's for sure.

Pros: Modern, Great range, Ethical

Love everything about it!!! - Edit

What a fantastic place for vegans!
Everything you need is there. My favourite items are the Dandies, homemade cupcakes and Vego bars!
Love it

Pros: Lots of vegan goodies

Cons: Slightly pricey

Good but pricey - Edit

Firstly I'll start by saying that Ethica is I'm sure for most vegans and vegetarians alike or simply for people who believe in fair trade a welcome addition to Plymouth.

But the overwhelming negative point is the prices, having lived in London for four years and having a multitude of choice when it comes to Organic and Vegan shops, it really says something when Ethica for the most part is more expensive.

It would be so much better if certain items were priced accordingly to reflect the average wage in Plymouth.

Pros: Variety , Good central location , Friendly staff

Cons: Expensive

Fantastic shop, all vegan - Edit

I love this shop, it has such a great range of products and is always looking for ways to reduce waste etc.

Cool! - Edit

These guys stock pretty much all those things that you just can't get at the supermarkets, and more! They're stocking organic fruit/veg now which is pretty cool too. My favourite part is the fridge, where they stock Vegan sandwiches and other snacks at a sensible price. Although I'd rather keep this a secret so nobody takes the last sandwich when I want one... :P

Pros: 100% Vegan and friendly! :D, Sandwiches & Snacks, Variety & Presentation :)

Cons: Some items are costly

Basically all you need is at Ethica's - Edit

Great shop! You'll get basically all you need (except for like fruits and vegetables and so on).
There is a blackboard pointing to local vegan stuff.
Staff was very friendly and helpful. Central location is also a huge perk.
I really hope they'll do fine and that they get enough costumers.

Awesome Vegan Shop - Edit

I couldn't believe that this place was here right in the city centre of Plymouth. I was on my way back to my car when a board caught my eye down an adjacent street. I turned around and thought 'I am sure that sign says 100% vegan' - just have to check this out.

I thoroughly enjoyed browsing, knowing the everything was totally vegan. Such a rare thing! They have a great selection of foods and choice products as well as superfoods. Will definitely stop by here when I return to Plymouth. Big YES!

Pros: 100% Vegan, Lovely selection

Wonderful shop - Edit

I've not visited the shop in a while due to living outside of Plymouth but I always go out of my way to visit the shop whenever I'm in the area. Everything in the shop is vegan which means for once reading labels to check something is vegan isn't necessary. It's lovely to be able to walk into there, see something I like the look of, and not spent ten minutes figuring out if I can have it or not. The shop has an interesting range of foods and continuously add new products as well as responding to customer demand and ordering in new products if requested. I can't wait to shop there more often when I move to the area, it's a lovely business owned by locals and definitely worth checking out!

Pros: Wonderful staff, A variety of food, Ecofriendly vegan non food products too

A wonderful, completely vegan shop - Edit

Ethica opened in July 2014.

It is totally commited to veganism.

It sells food, cruelty free bathroom stuff and cosmetics, cleaning materials and more.

There is no need to read labels; everything is vegan.

They also have social leanings with a noticeboard and an old magazine basket.

Their facebook page is informative - search for "Ethica Plymouth"

Pros: Totally vegan, Friendly staff, Vego Bars!

Vegan Amazing - Edit

Ethica is an amazing Vegan place to shop. Ethica has a great range of vegan food and vegan lifestyle products. The owner is really friendly. I love Ethica and wish there was a shop like this near where I live.

Pros: Vegan

Super store! - Edit

I Love this shop! The products are amazing, the staff are really friendly and helpful, & I can't recommend it enough! If you live or are visiting Plymouth, definitely hit this store up, it literally has everything you could possibly want or need as a vegan! Happy shopping :)

Pros: Wonderful beauty products, Great food range, Great household products

Cons: Location is slightly hidden

Return to Plymouth Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Ethica closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.