eten vol leven

Contact 03-2333464

Minderbroedersrui 52, Antwerp, Antwerpen, Belgium, 2000

Serves breakfast, lunch, desserts, juices, fruit smoothies, and nut milk smoothies with a variety of berries and other fruit. Also fresh soups and salads, and a selection of raw food including zucchini pasta, pizza, and cheesecake. Tue-Fri 9:00am-5:00pm, Sat 9:00am-3:00pm

Category: Vegan, Organic, Raw, Western, Juice bar, Take-out, European

First Review by Happy2BeVegan

Raw seems to be always expensive - Edit

My experience as a vegan with RAW restaurants is that they are quite expensive. This time the bill was 72 euro for 3 large smoothies, 3 wraps menu's, 3 sweets (desserts) and 2 coffee. The products were very tasty but the bill afterwards is always quite confronting.

I have also uploaded the menu with prices to give an impression. I donot think they are too expensive because the organic products they use are expensive too.

Pros: tasty healthy, nice staff, clean

Cons: price raw food

Super tasty food, lovely location, great service - Edit

Even though this restaurant may seem a little expensive, anyone who knows about raw food will understand that the prices arw actually quite reasonable. This place comes highly recommended!

Quite original - Edit

Eten Vol Leven is a nice place to try out, but I won't become a regular visitor.

I ate the courgette/zuccini pasta which was nice, but it didn't fill my belly. This is strange for me because I'm usually not even capable of eating the entire plate that I'm being served.
Considering that, it's a bit expensive.

My company thought the same as I, so it's not that I was exceptionaly hungry :)
Updated from previous review on Wednesday December 30, 2015

Pros: raw food

Cons: small portions

Great raw vegan spot - Edit

My partner and I were searching for good vegan spots to eat in Antwerpen, but unfortunately all of them were closed! Luckily, we found Eten Vol Leven where we had an amazing lunch consisting of a buckwheat pizza, zucchini pasta and delicious smoothies. Not to mention their oh so good raw chocolate cake. I am definitely going back whenever I'm in town.

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly staff, Nice interior

Nice smoothies - Edit

My girlfriend and I ordered smoothies here, partly because a lot of the more substantial menu options were very expensive, although I understand many of their ingredients are raw and ethically sourced.
The smoothies were made in front of us and were very tasty indeed! We sat at a terrace on a nice, quiet street behind the cafe.
Nice place if you are looking for ethical, raw/veggie food.

Pros: Great smoothies, Outdoor seating

Cons: Expensive

Delicious vegan food in Antwerp - Edit

I had lunch at Eten Vol Leven in Antwerp with my boyfriend and we really enjoyed it. It was so nice to find a vegan AND healthy option after eating dry bread and jam for lunch most days. The juices were full of flavour and the lemon cheesecake was absolsutely delicious :) it isn't the cheapest cafe I've ever been to, but I felt that it was worth it for the good quality of the food and the friendly service of the staff.

Pros: Lots of choice, everything vegan and gluten free.

Cons: Fairly expensive

Very good raw food in Antwerp - Edit

We (2 adults and 3 kids aged 4, 3 and 1 year) visited the restaurant on a friday afternoon. The kids were crazy about the smoothies, the "cheese"-cake and the buckwheat-crackers. They also ate the wrap-vol-leven which was delicious with great texture. All food freshly prepared and very very tasteful. I personally missed some "advanced" stuff like a smoothies containing wild herbs.
The owner was very friendly, open-minded and had an interesting (life) story to tell. As usual with raw food the place was rather pricy.

tasty raw vegan food - Edit

Came here for lunch and was delighted to find something like this in Antwerp. I've been to numerous raw vegan restaurants around the world and this was definitely up there in terms of the preparation and taste. The flavors were wonderful and the produce used was all very very fresh.

The only minor downside is that the prices are a little bit on the high side but don't let that deter you. This is an excellent option for vegans and vegetarians alike.

Pros: excellent flavors, fresh produce, excellent english

Cons: a bit pricey

Pleasant Raw Food - Edit

I think this is the best place in Antwerp but I can see why their are a few strongly negative reviews mixed with the very positive ones. This isn’t the place to come if you are really hungry and want a huge, and cheap, plate of lentils and brown rice. It’s raw food, the portions are quite small and it’s not the cheapest. However the food we both had on a return visit in 2014 was really delicious, great flavours and well presented, in particular the raw “pizza” and the desserts. The staff were freindly and helpful and the location is also central and easy to find. Definitely recommended.

Updated from previous review on Wednesday September 12, 2012

Pros: Vegan, Tasty

Cons: Small portions

Yummy Healthy Good Times - Edit

So this morning, after many hours on a plane, for the first time I had raw pizza! It was delicious! Buckwheat crust kind of like a cracker, with ricotta cheese made from macadamia nuts, tomato, fresh basil and arugola. Really enjoyed it!

This is my favourite restaurant at the moment in Antwerp.
Perhaps I should say raw food is new to me, but I like to visit 'organic vegetarian' restaurants. I have eaten here very good spaghetti, made of zucchini with red pesto and also dairy free 'blueberry cheesecake', which I can't resist. :-) Super healthy and very tasteful!
Try also the different types of HOMEMADE nutmilk.
Colourful smoothies, soups..., everything FRESH made.
Very sympathetic and enthusiastic owner who uses the purest organic ingredients and prepares them in a respectful way, and that is what you taste.
The restaurant has also a little and quiet outdoor terrace.
If you ask me, you should try it definitely. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Pros: Everything is tasteful, purest organic ingredients are used, friendly owner

Very tasty raw food - Edit

During our trip to Antwerp, we had our lunch at 'Eten vol leven'. We had a flax seed wrap and a zucchini spaghetti with tomato salsa. As a desert we shared a dairy free, sugar free, gluten free strawberry cheesecake.
Everything was very well made and delicious. The zucchini spaghetti even inspired us to buy a vegetable spiralizer (no regrets!).
All the food is completely raw, and you can taste the care that went into the food and drinks.
You do pay for the quality though, but it's worth it as everything is organic and fresh.

Pros: fresh and organic products, Delicious, Food is made with care

Cons: pricey, waiting time on the long side

Not friendly - Very expensive - Edit

Having found the address on Happy Cow, I was very excited to visit this place in Antwerp. First deception was on arrival: no welcome, no smile, a "dirty" table... Then the food arrived (green soup and gazpacho + wraps) and although the taste of the soups was ok, the portions were tiny and the size of the crackers ridiculous. Prices were very high and absolutely not aligned with the quantity of food!

Pros: Taste

Cons: Unfriendly staff, Cold place, Prices!!!

Amazing raw - Edit

In a "recyclable wood made" decoration, in this small restaurant the owner cooks your meal in front of you and "on the fly". The ingredients are in shelf at your view. Serves raw food with great taste. Friendly ambience.

Pros: Good taste, Friendly, Speak spanish

A great place - Edit

The food is wonderful, beautifully presented and original. I can highly recommend the evening meal they do (but sadly it is only four times a year, by pre-booking). The owners are very pleasant, the atmosphere is nice, the food smells are great. Can't recommend too highly.

Everything is gluten-free as well.

Pros: Excellent raw food, friendly, glutenfree

The closest to a vegan restaurant in Antwerpen - Edit

First of all, this restaurant is not vegan, but ALMOST. Anyway, the closest to a vegan restaurant you can get in Antwerpen, using only some non-vegan ingredients in a few dishes. It is 100% vegetarian though.
Now, this place offers organic raw food. The owners/chefs are experts and have a good history researching the subject around the world, so you will be presented with exquisite meals. The downside is that it's a bit expensive and you probably will not be full unless you spend a little fortune. That said, all the dishes are homemade (including the raw vegan "pizza", recommended), and that requires a lot of work for a raw place, believe me. Anyway, I'd most likely recommend this restaurant over any other in Antwerpen whether you are a vegetarian or a vegan. They also sell seeds and other products for your own use.

Pros: Delicious food, Raw and mostly vegan, Nice owners

Cons: Expensive, Not 100% vegan, Closes at 15.30

Nice - Edit

They have great desserts (I recommend the cheesecake (made with cashew nuts) with a glass of vanilla almond milk). The place is a bit small, but all in all there was a relaxed, nice atmosphere. The guy working there was really friendly. Maybe not the greatest place to have an entire meal, but definitely worth a visit. The only negative is that it's a bit expensive and the portions are a bit small (a small piece of cake costs 6 euros).

Pros: nice atmosphere, delicious cheesecake, friendly staff

Cons: pricey food, small portions

Eten vol leven - Edit

The desserts are ok.
The portions are tiny.
The salads are disappointing.
Always ask if they used honey.

Pros: Desserts, Central location

Cons: small portions, dull salads, expensive

Very Disappointing! - Edit

Being avid vegans, we were very excited to visit the first raw vegan restaurant in Belgium. So it was an unexpected disappointment when we found the atmosphere cold and uninviting (stark white walls, nearly inaudible music, unfriendly and tired-looking staff) but the biggest disappointment was the food. First off, I would like to note that the food was tasty and well-prepared, but that is basically the only positive note to our visit. The portions were TINY: we paid €14 each for two cracker-sized raw "pizzas" and a miniature cup-sized side salad, consisting of green lettuce and 2 or 3 pine nuts. If the portions had been twice the size they were, we probably would still have been hungry. On top of it all, the service was extremely slow, even though there was hardly anyone in the restaurant. We left feeling hungry and ripped off, but most of all we were feeling very disappointed that this restaurant re-enforces every bad cliché, non-vegans might have about (raw) vegan food.

Pros: good food

Cons: extremely small portions, very expensive, slow and unfriendly service

Return to Antwerpen Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has eten vol leven closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 8601 times since Jul 2011.