Estudio Vegetariano - temporarily closed

Contact n/a

Rua da Oliveira 30, Lagos, Portugal,

Opened 2016 in Lagos old town serving a range of cuisines, including Indian curry, Lebanese falafel, Mediterranean lasagna and Portuguese vegan Arroz doce. Has fresh juices, smoothies, dsserts, and salads. Open Mon 6:30pm-10:00pm, Thu-Sun 6:30pm-10:00pm. Closed for winter, reported Feb 2017. Please let HappyCow know when back open.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, International, Mediterranean, Fast food, Take-out, Portugese

First Review by AniaKoala

Not so great tasting food for it's value - Edit

Went there for a group meal, each of us tried a bunch of different plates, everything looked amazing but in the end it didn't live up to our expectations. The Seitan burgers were too dry and salty, with nothing on the plate that could balance those out. The other meals were just too heavy on cumin. I dislike too much cumin in my food so it wasn't very pleasant. We all thought there is a general lack of balance in everything we tried, needed something else in the plate to complete them (other than that one leaf of lettuce). They had problems with giving me tap water to drink (instead of having bottled water), which I think is ridiculous. I'm trying to reduce the amount of unnecessary plastic I buy, and tap water is perfectly fine to drink. There was a plastic straw in my sister's drink as well, which was unnecessary, but maybe they don't know these can't be recycled and most of them end up in oceans, being dangerous to turtles and fish.
Additionally, this is by far the most expensive vegan/vegetarian restaurant I've been to in the Algarve. Which I would be ok with if the food was amazing!
A lot of room to improvement, hope to try it again in the future and be pleasantly surprised :) For now, I wouldn't recommend it to others.

Pros: beautifully presented plates, helpful staff

Cons: Everything tasted like Cumin, Expensive, Place could have better decor

vegan friendly - Edit

Lovely restaurant in Lagos. Serves many different dishes like spaghetti,lasagna, falafel, stuffed peppers and even vegan avioli :) We have eaten at this place several times and never been disappointed.

Updated from previous review on 2016-07-23

Pros: Vegan friendly, Good prices , Lovely atmosphere

Amazing Veggie Restaurant in Lagos - Edit

Estudio is a new (2016) veggie restaurant in Lagos.We needed one,it is quite difficult to eat here,especially vegan.
The food is a delight,carefully prepared and beautifully presented.There are lots of vegan options and gluten free choices.The staff are friendly and welcoming and will spend time with you explaining the food that they are all so very proud of producing.Plus of course,like most Portuguese,they speak perfect English.A small restaurant,which is already getting very popular,and well deserved.I really recommend that you try it.

Pros: Delicious imaginative food, Reasonably priced

Cons: I really can't think of any!!!!

Delicious Food and Great Service! - Edit

I went to this restaurant for the first time and loved everything, I have to go there again :)
The food and the smoothies are super delicious, my favourite dish was the vegan lasagna!
Very cosy place with a great service and super delicious food.

Pros: Delicious Food and smoothies, Great Service, Very cozy and nice

Cons: There's no cons.

great taste, nice meal, lovely atmosphere - Edit

We tried this restaurant today and we had no any regret. Great taste, nice atmosphere, friendly waitress. There are many restaurants in Lagos but most of them are all the same. I advise Estudio if you want something different for a really good price. Get yourself suprised!

Mouth-watering hidden gem - Edit

We visited on the second day of this restaurant being in operation and so there were a few 'essentials' missing like wi-fi or décor but this place is all about the food, which was FANTASTIC. One meal was a big plate of falafel served with hummus and a varied salad, while the other was a delicious curry which I devoured down to the last grain of rice. Accompanied by a freshly made lemonade with A LOT of mint, we treated ourselves to desserts as well, as it isn't very often you see a chia-seed pudding on a menu, which was heavenly, by the way. The chef was lovely and came over for a little chat explaining they've just opened but considering it was only their second day, they didn't lack customers. I just hope the waitress becomes less timid with experience and they become less generous with the mint ;)

Actually, just thinking about it, I wish I could have some of that lemonade right now!

Pros: Food quality

Cons: Decor

Return to Lagos Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Estudio Vegetariano - temporarily closed closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.