Estudio Vegetariano

Rua da Oliveira 30, Lagos, Portugal

Est. 2016 in Lagos old town serving a range of cuisines, including Indian curry, Lebanese falafel, Mediterranean lasagna and Portuguese vegan Arroz doce. Has fresh juices, smoothies, desserts, and salads. Open Mon 6:00pm-10:00pm, Thu-Sun 6:00pm-10:00pm. Closed winter months.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Mediterranean, Fast food, Take-out, European, Portugese

First Review by AniaKoala

Full vegan! - Edit

I love when I can pick ANYTHING on the menu! Menu is all vegan with vegetarian options (i.e. cheese). The food was fancy, rich, and delicious and the staff were very nice.

Pros: full vegan

Cons: appetizer servings were remarkably small

lovely place in the heart of Lagos - Edit

very vintage like looking place in the center of the old town of Lagos.
The food was delicous but a bit on the pricy side. I think the price was reasonable. I paid 9.50 for a courgette spaghetti 'cheese' sauce meal.
The desserts are delicious as well. Many raw food options like raw brownies or cheesecake.
Furthermore there was great music playing. Ella Fitzgerald, Luis Armstrong and Amy Winehouse. So if you like jazz/soul/chill music go to this place and you feel as comfortable as me :)

Pros: Raw dessert options, high quality food, great musi

Cons: (not that cheap)

Nice and cosy restaurant, almost everything vegan - Edit

This small restaurant is located in the heart of old Lagos.
The decoration is cosy and the staff very friendly (they speak English)
They offer plenty of choice of "petiscos" (apetizers) and the main dishes all looked incredibly good, it was hard to choose from lasagna, coconut dhal, stuffed peppers and more...we finally chose the zucchini spaghetti with sweet potato sauce and it was GORGEOUS!
Almost everything is vegan on the menu which is great (even the desserts).
Prices are reasonable for this fresh and original Cuisine!

Pros: Location, Original cuisine, Fresh ingredients

Cons: Closed for lunch

esveg 06 May 2017 - Thank you so much for your comments! We are so glad you enjoyed our variety of fresh vegan and veggie options! At the moment we really can't be open for lunch, we are a small team so we're focused on being open at dinnertime... but who knows what the future brings :) We hope to see you again soon at Estudio Vegetariano for another delightful dinner!

Not so great tasting food for it's value - Edit

Went there for a group meal, each of us tried a bunch of different plates, everything looked amazing but in the end it didn't live up to our expectations. The Seitan burgers were too dry and salty, with nothing on the plate that could balance those out. The other meals were just too heavy on cumin. I dislike too much cumin in my food so it wasn't very pleasant. We all thought there is a general lack of balance in everything we tried, needed something else in the plate to complete them (other than that one leaf of lettuce). They had problems with giving me tap water to drink (instead of having bottled water), which I think is ridiculous. I'm trying to reduce the amount of unnecessary plastic I buy, and tap water is perfectly fine to drink. There was a plastic straw in my sister's drink as well, which was unnecessary, but maybe they don't know these can't be recycled and most of them end up in oceans, being dangerous to turtles and fish.
Additionally, this is by far the most expensive vegan/vegetarian restaurant I've been to in the Algarve. Which I would be ok with if the food was amazing!
A lot of room to improvement, hope to try it again in the future and be pleasantly surprised :) For now, I wouldn't recommend it to others.

Pros: beautifully presented plates, helpful staff

Cons: Everything tasted like Cumin, Expensive, Place could have better decor

esveg 06 May 2017 - Hello, sorry we don't check Happy Cow very often but we're very sad to hear your comments and how disappointed you were. From the rest of the reviews, you can tell that this is not the kind of feedback we often hear, although being very welcomed.

We wished you would have expressed your concerns with the lack of balance on your burger dish with our waitress and we could have served you a fresh salad or another dish of your preference.

Jeera rice (meaning cumin rice), falafel and hummus all have cumin as traditionally one the main ingredients, therefore all tasting of cumin. Next time is always better to check with the waitress what are the main ingredients, especially if there's a specific ingredient/spice that you don't particularly like, and we'd be happy to point you to alternative dishes on the menu.

We are located in the old town in an old building (with old pipes), and the tap water does not taste great. We really care about our customers, that's why we can serve it but don't suggest drinking tap water here. In alternative we usually suggest our litre jugs filled with bottled water that we buy in large bottles, exactly to reduce the plastic consumption that goes with buying small bottles.

We no longer serve the drinks with straws but make them available to our customers if they wish to use them - which sometimes makes sense - and afterwards we separate them together with our plastic waste to send it to recycling.

We have now changed our decor and added new dishes to the menu. Hope to see you again at Estudio Vegetariano for a second chance!

delicious - Edit

Seriously good vegan food plus nice drinks and friendly staff. My boyfriend and I both ate from the specials board and didn't regret it. Yum!!

Pros: food, price , staff

Cons: little warm in the restaurant

esveg 06 May 2017 - Thank you! We hope to see you again this summer at Estudio Vegetariano to try our new vegan additions to the menu, and check our new decor :)

Fantastic - Edit

We had a lovely meal, I had the falafel Lucy had the Dahl and the kids pasta.it's great to find such good food in Lagos, oh and the wine was excellent

Pros: Great food, Service

esveg 06 May 2017 - Thank you, David! So glad you and your family enjoyed your meal at Estudio. We hope to see you again soon to try our new additions to the menu, and check our new decor :)

lovely food - Edit

amazing vegan and vegetarian food and very flexible staff and menus!

Pros: fresh and high quality food and flavours.

esveg 06 May 2017 - Always really nice to hear how happy people are with our food and our team - we work really hard to provide the best quality food and service. :) Thank you! We hope to see you again soon at Estudio Vegetariano to try our new additions to the menu, and check our new decor :)

vegan friendly - Edit

Lovely restaurant in Lagos. Serves many different dishes like spaghetti,lasagna, falafel, stuffed peppers and even vegan avioli :) We have eaten at this place several times and never been disappointed.

Updated from previous review on 2016-07-23

Pros: Vegan friendly, Good prices , Lovely atmosphere

esveg 06 May 2017 - Thank you! At the moment, all our mains are either vegan or can be made vegan - so, plenty of options! :) We hope to see you again this summer at Estudio Vegetariano to try our new additions to the menu, and check our new decor :)

Amazing Veggie Restaurant in Lagos - Edit

Estudio is a new (2016) veggie restaurant in Lagos.We needed one,it is quite difficult to eat here,especially vegan.
The food is a delight,carefully prepared and beautifully presented.There are lots of vegan options and gluten free choices.The staff are friendly and welcoming and will spend time with you explaining the food that they are all so very proud of producing.Plus of course,like most Portuguese,they speak perfect English.A small restaurant,which is already getting very popular,and well deserved.I really recommend that you try it.

Pros: Delicious imaginative food, Reasonably priced

Cons: I really can't think of any!!!!

esveg 06 May 2017 - Thank you so much for your kind words! :) So happy that you enjoyed everything! We hope to see you again this soon to try our new additions to the menu, and check our new decor :)

Delicious Food and Great Service! - Edit

I went to this restaurant for the first time and loved everything, I have to go there again :)
The food and the smoothies are super delicious, my favourite dish was the vegan lasagna!
Very cosy place with a great service and super delicious food.

Pros: Delicious Food and smoothies, Great Service, Very cozy and nice

Cons: There's no cons.

esveg 06 May 2017 - Hi Silvia! Thank you so much for your comments! The vegan lasagna is still on our menu and it's definitely one of the most popular dishes. We hope to see you again soon to try our new additions to the menu, and check our new decor :)

i'm a fan of this restaurant - Edit

Even for a vegan you can choose from delicious dishes and super yummy desserts.

Pros: food is prepared with love

Cons: none

esveg 06 May 2017 - So happy that you could tell our food is prepared with love, it really is. :) Lots of vegan options on the menu this year again, with a couple of new vegan additions... Hope to see you soon again to taste our new dishes and check our new decor.

great taste, nice meal, lovely atmosphere - Edit

We tried this restaurant today and we had no any regret. Great taste, nice atmosphere, friendly waitress. There are many restaurants in Lagos but most of them are all the same. I advise Estudio if you want something different for a really good price. Get yourself suprised!

esveg 06 May 2017 - Glad that we were a good surprise! :) Thank you for your nice comments. Hope to see you again!

Mouth-watering hidden gem - Edit

We visited on the second day of this restaurant being in operation and so there were a few 'essentials' missing like wi-fi or décor but this place is all about the food, which was FANTASTIC. One meal was a big plate of falafel served with hummus and a varied salad, while the other was a delicious curry which I devoured down to the last grain of rice. Accompanied by a freshly made lemonade with A LOT of mint, we treated ourselves to desserts as well, as it isn't very often you see a chia-seed pudding on a menu, which was heavenly, by the way. The chef was lovely and came over for a little chat explaining they've just opened but considering it was only their second day, they didn't lack customers. I just hope the waitress becomes less timid with experience and they become less generous with the mint ;)

Actually, just thinking about it, I wish I could have some of that lemonade right now!

Pros: Food quality

Cons: Decor

esveg 06 May 2017 - Sorry for only replying now... it has been a long journey since our first day last year - meaning that we were really busy and were very well received by everyone. We now have wifi and guess what... a new decor! :) The lemonade, the falafel and the dhal are still amongst the favourites on our menu, with a few new additions this year. Hope to see you again! :)

Return to Lagos Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Estudio Vegetariano closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.