Estrella

• Vegetarian
Contact +420-777431344

Opatovicka 17 (at Praha 1), Prague, Czech Republic, 110 000

Vegetarian food restaurant in the center of Prague. Prepares modern style dishes with seasonal ingredients and inspired by Czech specialties and international cuisine. Menu changes. Non-smoking. Established sine 2012.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, International, Western, Czech

First Review by halvore

Decent - Edit

I arrived without a reservation, and so I was told to settle for a spot in the bar. I was feeling quite allergic (pollen), so I'm not sure if my choice of main course, some thai soup, was the best one, because I was sweating profusely by the time I was done with it. I must admit it was a very good dish though.
My spot in the bar allowed me some insight into their kitchen, where I noticed staff didn't cover their hair, which I believe is standard for hygienic reasons, and that one of the cooks was sporting an apron with the logo of the most popular junk-food death corporation there is! It didn't affect the quality of the food, but it sure felt ironic and weird.
More disadvantages include that they only accept cash (which is not mentioned in their menu) and that their pannacotta was labeled as vegan, but if you still insist that you want it vegan then they will serve it without some sort of non-vegan pastry that apparently accompanies their original version.

amazing place - Edit

this place is great, nice atmosphere and the food was sooo good!!!! we shared a lentil paté as a starter and then had salads and a yellow curry, everything was more than delicious!!!! there's only one vegan dish among the mains, but just ask, you can get a couple of others in a vegan version. very friendly and helpful staff.

Absolutely delicious food - Edit

The staff were super nice & attentive. Many items on the menu were vegan and we thoroughly enjoyed every course!

I recommend the pho and sundried tomato tapanade.

Can't wait to go back!

Pros: many vegan options, very aware staff

Cons: book in advance. always full

Best vegetarian experience in Prague! - Edit

Very helpful staff and lovely but small dining area. Although the menu was mainly vegetarian, there were a few vegan and raw options. The quality of the dishes was exceptional. I would highly recommend!

Pros: Delicious and unique dishes, helpful and friendly

Cons: Pricier, smaller menu than other Prague veg-restau

Nice vegetarian restaurant - Edit

Schönes kleines besseres Restaurant, was aber auch ein bisschen teurer ist als manche anderen Sachen in Prag. Es gibt leider nur ein veganes Hauptgericht, es könnten auch ein paar mehr sein. Dafür gibt es noch vegane Suppe und Dessert.

Pros: Gemütlich, sehr lecker

Cons: wenig vegane Auswahl

worth a visit - Edit

From monday to friday they offer really good menu, consists from soup and main dish for 125CZK.
Cooking international cuisine, their specialties is Middle Eastern cuisine. But beware the food is not always suitable for vegans.
For me best option near Národní street (Prague center). during work week. Minus is that there are only few tables, sometimes is not possible to sit.

nice place - Edit

really a cozy place. friendly staff. unfortunately they had only one vegan main dish. would be nice, if the number will be increased. we will visit it again next time in Prague

Pros: nice place

Cons: less vegan options

Fantastic food & service! - Edit

Went with a group of vegetarian, vegan and meat eating friends and everyone really loved this place. The food was fantastic and the staff were super friendly and gave us the best service we've come across in a long time. If you go to Prague, definitely make sure you eat here.

Pros: food, service, everything.

Cons: cash only - this isn't really an issue as there is

Great burgers - Edit

Never thought I would get this excited over a veggieburger. This is one of my top 3 so far. (the other two are Matsuontoku and The Grange)

So well put together, loads of great leaves without it falling apart, the homefries were perfect. Definately go for the red onion relish!

Will be back again, the craft beers were also great!
I know you might think "well how good can a veggie burger be?"

The answer is: mindblowing. Go there now!

Pros: Friendly staff, Good beer options, The food

Nice bistro in central town - Edit

Small and cosy bistro hidden on a small street in central town, close to the river and other tourist attractions. Had a dinner for two for less than 400 CZK, with drinks included. Intimate interior and good service.

delightful in all respects - Edit

A tiny, cozy little place out of the main tourist center by only a short distance, but enough to keep it quiet. The menu is small but everything I had was excellent. The service is also a pleasure. Even in a city with numerous vegetarian options, this one is worth visiting. A little amuse-bouche only added to the experience.

Pros: tasty, great service, reasonably priced

Cons: small menu

Good food quality, short menu, nice staff - Edit

Best vegan/vegetarian restaurant in Prague in terms of food quality.

The waitress was very friendly to us and for what we could see, also to the rest of the customers.
Rather short menu, with not many vegan options. The red lentil pâté (starter) is very good, so was the curry with rice noodles, veggies and tofu.
Prices very low compared to other European countries:wine+water, starter, main dish for 10€ each.
The location is not very good (you probably wouldn't go that specific street if it wasn't for the restaurant) but it's definitely not a bad area, if there's any in Prague.

Really worth a try!

Fantastic All Round - Edit

This restaurant has one of the tastiest burgers I've ever had, and that is against some very stiff competition. The rest of the food was also great, as well as the local beers they had on tap. Furthermore, the staff are very friendly and the atmosphere very pleasant.

I world recommend this place to anyone, and will likely be back of I visit Prague again.

Pros: Outstanding Food , Friendly Staff , Nice Atmosphere

Charming, Delicious Vegetarian Restaurant - Edit

This cozy (5 tables) vegetarian restaurant on a small street in Prague was one of the highlights of our time in Prague. Given that Prague is an amazing city in and of itself, that is saying a lot! The restaurant is a little off the beaten path, everything we ordered was delicious, they had a delicious local beer, everything was very fresh, and the atmosphere was relaxing. I would recommend this restaurant to vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike!

Pros: delicious, fresh, great atmosphere

Nice Food, Friendly Waiter. - Edit

This is a nice cosy little place, only about 5 tables so booking is a good idea. Unfortunately only one vegan option on the menu and no vegan desserts. However the vegan thai curry was really nice and full of fresh veg and plenty of tofu. Also had some nice locally brewed beer. The waiter was friendly and attentive, and prices reasonable.

Pros: Good Curry, Friendly Waiter, Relaxed Atmosphere

Cons: Not Enough Vegan Options

Vegan dinner with friends - Edit

The place was small and humble. Not a fancy place, but still nice. The furniture was bit warned out, but that just added to the atmosphere.

It was non-smoking place and we had to pay in cash.

The service was bit slow. I was there on Monday night and the house was not full and we still had to wait for longer time that I used to.

I had Thai Curry and that was really great. My friend had burger and he like that also a lot. The food also looked beautiful. I had local beer and that was also very good, hoppy.

The menu had signs what is vegetarian, vegan or even raw. Clear and simple. There were several options for vegan as I am.

Maximum points for the food, will go back there for the food. Taking some points off because of the slow service

Pros: Very good food, Beer, Price

Cons: Slow service, Didn't accept credit card

Delicious food! - Edit

This restaurant is off the main tourist trail in Prague, but well worth seeking out. It isn't gimmicky or overly trendy like the other vegetarian restaurants in Prague and the food was simply delicious. We had a lovely evening away from the mass crowds, in a relaxed atmosphere, with good food and good service. It was definitely my favourite vegetarian restaurant.

Cute, quiet place with nice food - Edit

This place looks like an underground bar/cellar so it is a nice, romantic decor. We had a lovely dinner. Service was good and relatively quick. Located off the main road lending itself to a less touristy place where no one makes a big fuss. The food wasn't anything particularly unbelievable but very enjoyable.

Pros: Quiet, candlelit, good atmosphere , Nice presentation, Good size portions

Cons: Food was good, nothing too special

Great food - excellent service - Edit

This little restaurant has excellent food and service. Our special requests (no onion and garlic) were always met with flexible solutions, even during lunchtime, when the menu is supposedly set. The food is prepared with great taste and a sense of aesthetics that is pleasing both to the tongue and the eye. We also visited a number of other famous and less famous vegetarian restaurants during our week in Prague, but easily concluded that we preferred this one to the mass production style and lack of personal service of some of the more famous places.

Pros: excellent food, good value, friendly and flexible staff

Return to Prague Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Estrella closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 5475 times since Jul 2013.