Este Pizza - downtown SLC

Contact 801-363-2366

156 E 200 S (at downtown), Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, 84111

Serves meat, vegan options available. New York style pizzeria. Several menu items are marked vegan and a few others can be made vegan. Every Wednesday a vegan slice special is offered at lunch. Mon-Thu 11:00am-10:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-11:00pm, Sun 4:00pm-9:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Pizza, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by warmstorage

5 stars! 5 stars! - Edit

Great New York style pizza, best I've had in Utah. They have daiya cheese as well as many faux meat and vegetable toppings. I also like that the side salad is already vegan, and the zeppoles (donut holes) are vegan too! I seriously freakin love this place.

Tasty and a good place to go with friends - Edit

Pretty good, but it's expensive and the crust is thin and it's not filling at all. They do have vegan garlic knots for an appetizer, which are pretty good.

I'm not a huge fan of their 'vegan white' pizza as I find it very plain, but the green four and the terra pizzas are very good. You can also make your own combo. You have to buy whole pizzas since they don't sell vegan slices. They do have good beer though.

Overall, pretty good but not my favorite. I'd much rather go to The Pie!

Canned mushrooms!? - Edit

New York style pizza that's good but nothing special unless you like Daiya vegan cheese, which unfortunately I do not. I suggest the garlic knots. They're amazingly delicious. The atmosphere is very nice.

Pros: The atmosphere , Location

Cons: Canned mushrooms

Vegan Slice Wednesdays! - Edit

Went here on a Wednesday to see if they really do offer a vegan slice like the description states - and they do! I had a vegan meatball and artichoke slice. It was delicious. Their menu clearly marks vegan choices, and the pizza is tasty. I will be back.

Pros: Vegan cheese and toppings, Vegan slice on Wednesdays, Convenient downtown location

Cons: Vegan slices not available every day

Delicious pizza, friendly people! - Edit

I ordered the Vegan White pizza (olive oil, garlic, oregano, vegan cheese, tomatoes, and red onions), 18" large for $19, and added the housemade vegan "meatballs" for an additional $2.

The people are very friendly, and the pickup order was super fast (ready in 15 minutes.) The location on 2nd South is great if you're staying in/hanging out in downtown SLC. Street parking was easy enough at night, might be tougher during the day. The price is right!

Okay, look: the pizza is delicious. It needed some salt and pepper flakes, but that is mostly personal taste.

I'm gobbling this pizza down. It's wonderful. And oily as crap: this is probably due to the combination of olive oil as sauce and the vegan cheese. I'm loving it, but be warned if you're not a fan of oily food.

Pros: Delicious! , fun vegan options, friendly and fast

Cons: oily

Return to Salt Lake City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Este Pizza - downtown SLC closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1021 times since Jan 2014.