First Review by maynard7

I loved it - Edit

The food here was so good... I wanted to go back the next day to get some more, but I had to continue on to Bogota. The lunch of the day is now 9.000 pesos (as of January 2014). The salad bar was great (don't forget to get your salad, as the waitress didn't remind me that it came with my lunch). It has 7 items, plus today a delicious honey mustard dressing that I will try to replicate at home.

Today's meal came with either chicken, or trout, or sauteed veggies, plus rice, potato, soup, the salad bar, a juice drink and a small piece of cake for dessert. Tell them if you're vegetarian and they will serve you cream of tomato soup, and the sauteed veggies instead of the meat option.

I know there's a 100% vegetarian place in town, but they charge 12.000 pesos for their lunch, and the reviews are mediocre at best. Maybe next time I'm in town I'll give them a try, but I was really in the mood for a good meal today, and I got it!

This is a great place to go if you are traveling with someone who isn't a vegetarian, so you can both get what you want.

Pros: Salad bar!, Good price, Location

Contributions +139

vegan options - Edit

I ate a lovely lunch here for $8000pesos for soup, help yourself to salad bar,main with lots of veg,dessert&juice. Owner is vegan & really works hard to make this a special meal for same price as other almurzos(lunch). Owner speaks english aswell which really helps. The menu of the day is advertised outside the restaurant & has vegan friendly written on it too.

Pros: vegan friendly, friendly staff, cheap&good quality

Return to Villa De Leyva Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has REMOVED: Estar de la Villa closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.