Espresso Yourself Cafe

Contact 717-567-9882

8 S 2nd St, Newport, Pennsylvania, USA, 17074

Serves meat, vegan options available. Coffee house that also offers soups (sometimes vegan), sandwiches, salads, and desserts. Tue-Sat 7:00am-4:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Non-veg

First Review by gallo39

A gem - Edit

We drive an hour to eat here nearly weekly. Wonderful menus, including vegan one. In winter, I start with a steaming hot chocolate and pastry from the glass case beside register. There is usally a vegan soup choice so oftern have soup with half sandwich. Organic eggs and milk. Everything is tasty and eye-appealing. Friendly cafe atmosphere. Check out their Facebook site for photos, weekly surprises, and special Farm to Table Dinner opportunities. Be sure to check out the town. Perry County Council of the Arts is across the street with creative gift items made by juried artists, usually regional. Barber shop one block north on same street has beauty shop in rear. Happy eating and exploring.

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly atmosphere, Vegan menu

Cons: NONE

Great restaurant - Edit

My boyfriend and I love this place. He likes the Tofurky Ranch wrap. I love the Rachel with a cup of tomato soup on the side. I'm also a big fan of the Santa Fe Wrap. I usually get an almond milk steamer with a caramel flavor shot to-go :-)
The food is great and the options are more plentiful than most restaurants. My only complaint is that the sandwiches are pretty expensive for something that I could make myself. I wish they made their own seitan. The Tofurky slices aren't my favorite but they usually only put a small amount on the sandwiches anyway.

And if you're going out of your way to come here, there's a little natural food shop few doors down. I've seen mock cheese, almond milk yogurt, and coconut ice cream. You might want to bring a cooler and do some grocery shopping if you can't find these in your area.

Soup n Sammich - Edit

Currently one of the only Mifflin/Juniata/Perry county restaurants I know of where the entire staff know the difference between Vegetarian and Vegan. Located on the square in Newport, PA, Espresso Yourself Cafe is a real gem. Ask for the Vegetarian/Vegan Menu and always check out their chalkboard specials. I recommend the vegan Ms. Reuben with a vegan mozzarella melted over Tofurky deli slices and sauerkraut on sourdough rye with creamy Thousand Island dressing. Full review here:http://wp.me/p1GQWj-j8

Pros: Fresh made, Local food sources, separate veggie menu

Cons: Tofurky gets repetitive

Great Place! - Edit

Only problem is it's a little out of the way to get to. They have a nice variety of foods, many vegan, or can be made vegan. Very accommodating and friendly. Great food. Nice atmosphere.

Pros: excellent food, friendly, variety

Cons: distance to travel

Quaint, tasty, cozy place - Edit

While the location of this joint is out-of-the-way, it's a nice, cozy place to dine in. As a vegan, I appreciated their extensive, well-highlighted options. Their tofurkey de la sol sandwich was delectable---tasty, healthy, light and inspired. This is a great place, but I just wish they were in a better location like Harrisburg or State College.

Pros: Taste, Ambience, Freshness

Cons: Location

wonderful food and atmosphere - Edit

We just enjoyed a wonderful meal and loved the music and art at this fabulous cafe! Spanish guitar, meditation music, and reggae played throughout in the wonderful open space accented by hardwood floors and contemporary local art. The food is creatively prepared and delicious and the desserts are also amazing (pumpkin roll and gooey cinnamon buns seasonally)! Many soup and sandwich choices and all of the menu items unique, right down to the root beer and italian sodas. We picked up a couple of gifts (blooming floral teas and gourmet chocolate) and look forward to upcoming events including flamenco and the offerings of local musicians playing while people relax and converse. A really special place--worth the trip from Harrisburg. I wanted to put five stars but this site only allows 4 max if the place is not %100 veg--whatever they need to do, I guess, but a shame as it doesn't denote how wonderful this place is! I think appealing to a wider variety of customers invites more non-vegetarians to try eating veg--a bonus, not a detraction. I'm glad all are welcome--thanks! Namaste! Marykaye Flatley

Cons: none

Unexpected Piece of Heaven in Central PA - Edit

Espresso Yourself is an oasis in an area known for its predilection for meat and potatoes. Delicious vegetarian and vegan soups, sandwiches, salads, desserts, and specialty drinks. Pleasant, warm atmosphere, friendly service, and an owner who is anxious and willing to please her customers. We have never had a bad meal here and the food is well worth the 25 mile ride from Harrisburg, which first follows the Susquehanna and then the Juniata River and is a scenic delight by itself.

Pros: Delicious, tasty food, Warm, friendly atmosphere, Pleasant service

Return to Newport Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Espresso Yourself Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 932 times since Aug 2007.