Espresso Edge

Liisankatu 29 (at Unioninkatu), Helsinki, Finland

Serves meat, vegan options available.Small cafe with Wi-Fi, in the Kruunuhaka neighborhood. Has vegan breakfast, sandwich, salads, a vegan plate, and most days a vegan soup. Plant milk is available for coffee and smoothies.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Western, Beer/Wine, Take-out, European, Non-veg

First Review by Doro*

Nice and cozy, good flavours but pricey - Edit

Had a vegan brunch and it was really really good with all the smoothies, breads and salads. But the price was bit too high. Although the restaurant was full so better book ahead for brunch.

Vegan brunch - Edit

I just came back from their monthly vegan brunch.
I have to admit it is not easy to give a clear review. For sure they put effort in it and things seemed to be made from scratch, which I appreciate. Also there were a balanced amount of savory and sweet dishes, as well as coffee, tea and two kinds of smoothies (nom!).
However, what I first of all would criticise is the price, 25€. - I have had better veg* brunches for less money in Helsinki. Also the cakes (both the raw cake as well as the pink berry cake) were WAY too sweet. This of course could be subjective, but I do have a sweet tooth and this was too much, especially the berry cake. Also the savory dishes did not have the variety that I would expect of a brunch. There were several types of bread (which were delicious), two salads, different spreads and some chickpea pancakes. If someone was gluten-intolerant, the choice would have been quite small.

So all in all I can recommend it to some extent, but not fully.. I appreciate that they do offer an all vegan brunch and that things seemed really home-made, but the price was too high for the variety of choices.

Pros: all vegan, made from scratch

Cons: too expensive, variety could be bigger, cakes very sweet (imo)

Return to Helsinki Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Espresso Edge closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.