First Review by DutchGirl

Worst service ever! - Edit

I went there on mother's day with the intention to have lunch.- after checking the menu....I found some salads but all of them with dairy products, eggs, cheese etc. I decided not to spend over 10€ for a salad and still be hungry after pulling the egg / cheese out. So I ordered a milk-coffee,and decided just to enjoy the view at the ocean.It took a long time before I got my order,all the waiters were extremely unfriendly.I asked 4 times for the bill and in the end I had to go to the counter to pay.The milk-coffee tasted bad.
Thats a place I wouldn't visit anymore, even if the food+drinks were free!
And for the view...well there are many, many other Bars and restaurants along the shore with a way better view and far more better service.

Pros: nice view

Cons: very unfriendly staff, no vegan food, noisy

Nice ocean view - Edit

In July 2012 we had dinner at the Escotilha Bar. The location was great and had a nice view of the ocean. I had garlic bread for a starter, which tasted good. There was no veggie wrap on the menu, but they did have the veggie burger. The burger was a asparagus filled breadcrumb covered fried disk on a bun with lettuce and tomato slices. I could not say that it tasted bad, but in my opinion it had no real flavor, so I would not recommend it. The French fries that came with it were good.

Pros: Friendly Staff , Great view

Cons: Only one veggie option on the menu , Very basic meal

Return to Cascais Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has REMOVED: Escotilha Bar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.