Esaan Thai Restaurant

717-718-9300

30 N Beaver St, York, Pennsylvania, USA, 17401

Serves meat, vegan options available. Family-run Thai food place. Several dishes are marked as can be prepared vegan upon request either by eliminating animal products (replace with tofu or nuts) or changing animal-based sauces, or removing egg. Many house-made sauces are vegan suitable as are a few of the gelato and sorbetto flavors (using coconut milk, almond milk, or water). Open Mon 11:00am-3:00pm, Wed-Sat 11:00am-9:00pm, Sun 5:00pm-9:00pm.

Categories: Ovo, Thai, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by fosstuff

horrible customer service - Edit

The food could not make up for my experiences with the management. First, the woman I spoke
With on the phone interrupted while I was playing my order (a meal and appetizer) to tell that she could only take one order at a time. I gave her the benefit of the doubt. When I went to pick my food up, I discovered that they got my order completely wrong. It was an hour wait to begin with, so I opted to take the meal that they had already prepared. Not wanting to wait longer (the initial wait was one hour), I opted to take the meal but was obviously unhappy. The woman at the front desk proceeded to be incredibly rude and the owner was actually there and didn’t apologize for the mistake or offer to complete the meal. I will never go back. Additionally, the (thick) peanut sauce that goes with the summer rolls is tasty, but sorely inadequate in quantity, so request extra.

Pros: the lemon Italian ice was fantastic

Cons: RUDE staff, poor customer service , not enough peanut sauce to go with the summer roll

Vegan options - Edit

Menu items that can be made vegan are clearly marked on their new menu. The food is very good, but it is on the pricier side.

They have nice, outside seating when weather allows but the inside is small and can get busy. Staff is nice and pretty knowledgable about vegan options.

My favorite dishes are the som tum and cashew stir fry with tofu. Both are delicious!

Pros: Vegan options, Vegan items clearly marked on menu, Good selection

Cons: Smaller place, On the pricier side, Can get busy

Friendly & vegan aware. - Edit

Friendly restaurant with several vegan options available on the menu. Staff were very knowledgeable about vegan and vegetarian diet. Also homemade vegan coconut ice cream (very good) and sobrettos.

Pros: Menu has dishes marked that are either vegan or ca

Cons: No vegan curries (they all had fish sauce) but app

Return to York Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Esaan Thai Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.