Erbils Orient Lounge

Contact 08945240024

Breisacher Str. 13, Munich, Germany, 81667

Vegan doner shop, est. 2015 originally as Erbils at Einsteinstraße 125 and moved here Jan 2016. Offers also Turkish pide, börek, and lacmacun (pizza). Open Mon-Sun 10:30am-8:30pm.

Category: Vegan, Fast food, Take-out, Middle Eastern, Turkish

First Review by Juliane.Ab

Amazing seitan-kebab - Edit

Stopped here on my way back to the Münchener Flughafen (it's a few minutes away the Ostbanhof) and had the seitan-kebab and one of these cool bio-colas you can only find in vegan restaurants. The place is really nice, really roomy and light-filled, with rugs and cushions all over. The dish was awesome, so tasty I ended up ordering another seitan-kebab to take away, which I ate while waiting for my flight a few hours later (even cold, it was yummy!). On the other hand, the guy serving the food wasn't very friendly but a bit curt, I'd say. There were 3-4 customers at that time but he spent the whole time smoking cigarettes by the entry, keeping us waiting at the counter with no rush at all to take new orders and carrying a patronizing look in his face when he had to get back to his job.

Pros: super tasty seitan-kebab, inexpensive, relaxing atmosphere

Cons: kind of condescending staff

vegan? - Edit

Good selection of Mediterranean plates , i got a mix of 6 different things for takeaway and enjoyed all of them. However one of the pastries i got which was supposed to have vegan cheese , was just like cottage cheese when you taste it and I choose not to eat because for the first time dining at a " vegan" spot i was not even 50% sure that product was vegan . Other than that the owner is definitely a personality and you have to smile big enough to make his attitude somewhat customer friendly. Would go back for salad bar takeaway but definitely would skip the pastry.

Pros: price, salad bar

Cons: vegan?

Best dürüm! - Edit

Such a fab dürüm, the seitan-kebab was really good and the sauces as well, got a "eating the true ****!"-kinda feeling. Also very friendly and helpful staff.

Pros: So much to chose from!

Delicious but not the best place to go on a sunday afternoon - Edit

We went to Erbil's on a sunday afternoon. Maybe we were unlucky, but I suppose that sunday afternoon just isn't the best time to go there as most things on the menu were sold out.

We ended up having a Döner Kebap and a Dönerteller. The "meat" was really good and what was great was that we were asked if we wanted some onions fried with it - much better than just the raw ones. The sauce we wanted with our Döner was out, the one we got as a substitute was very good, though.

Erbil (I think) was friendly but it was visible that he was looking forward to the end of work. The plates were a little "loveless", on the Dönerteller, everything was just kind of thrown together. The salads (iceberg and cabbage) didn't really have a sauce and were a little dry. Rice was out, too, so I got "Kisir" on my Dönerteller instead. I was quite happy about this, though, as the Kisir was super tasty.

Going to the bathroom is also an adventure, as you can't close the door. We ended up being "lookouts" for each other so nobody would come in by accident.

What's really awesome about Erbils Orient Lounge is the interior! Beautiful, beautiful wooden furniture, comfortable sofas and armchairs, pillows and fabrics with colourful oriental patterns. It really is an Orient Lounge :)

To summarize: Though our visit was a little disappointing, we'd come back on a different day and give it another try. There seems to be potential!

Pros: Delicious "meat" and the option to fry onions with, Delicious Kisir, Beautiful interior

Cons: Almost everything was out, Plates were a little loveless, Bathroom door doesn't close

NICHT türkisch... - Edit

...aber: who cares?
Irakische Kurden leiten dieses Lokal - und zwar exzellent! Das Lokal ist sauber und angenehm ausgestattet, modern aber nicht zu fancy. Das Personal inkl. Inhaber sind ausgesprochen freundlich, davon würde ich in München gern mehr sehen. Der Seitan-Döner schmeckt besser als jedes Fleisch, selbst Karnivoren wären gut beraten, sich hier zu versorgen! Das Baklava ebenfalls herrlich und nicht zu süß. Tee ging auf's Haus, wahrscheinlich wegen meiner reizenden Begleiterinnen.
Wir kommen gern wieder!

Pros: Lecker, Freundlich, Preiswert

Cons: Gibt es leider nicht in Erding... ;-)

Great imbiss - Edit

Great place to have vegan food. The Döner was quite close to a meat one. Their soup is tasty and the grilled vegetables a clear recommendation.
The place is nice and you can have a seat. It is by far better as what to expect from the average Döner seller. But it's not as good as a regular restaurant.
The price is a little bit higher then other Döners. Still worth it.

Pros: tastes well, more then just Döner, good to sit and eat in

dont miss it !! - Edit

super feiner döner dürüm! auf jeden Fall muss man als Nachspeise auch ein baklava nehmen, die sind viel besser und auch nicht so süss wie anderswo. ich komme bei nächster Gelegenheit wieder.

good good concept for Turkish cuisine & full vegan - Edit

In my opinion ERBILS is not a "doner shop". It's a Mediterran and Turkish restaurant with takeaway run by German and Turkish staff. They are selling Doner, but their main attraction are all dough based items which are made in their big stone oven.

Staff (2 making bread, 1 serving) made me feel at home and they were so nice !
has outdoor seats and inside room for 4 people at a table. I really loved their Lahmacun !

Pros: full vegan, size and value, Lahmacun!

Cons: a bit far from city center

One of the best Turkish / Mediterranean shops - Edit

This place is the first 100% vegan Turkish shop in Germany.
And also one of the best I've ever eaten in!

The reason: They are making their dough, breads, Lahmacun and bakeries all themselves. You can watch the people behind the counter how they make it. They have a super hot and big oven next to them.

The Döner is delicious, they have different sauces.
Special highlight for me was the Pide which is about double the size what I see at other Döner places.

The portions are just huge! 8 Euro for a Döner Plate, but it's much much more what you get for that price in other restaurants or Döner shops. Highly recommended!

P.S.: They have Lasagne and other Mediterranean food from time to time!

Pros: Own recipes, own dough, selfmade bread, huge portions, big yet cozy place

Return to Munich Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Erbils Orient Lounge closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.