Erb Thai

616-356-2573

950 Wealthy St Ste A, Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA, 49506

Serves meat, vegan options available. Traditional Thai food for modern lifestyles. Dishes can be made vegan with either tofu or mixed vegetables, made to order. Spice level is customizable, but tends to run hot. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-9:00pm.

Categories: Ovo, Thai, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by veggiesim

Not so vegetarian - Edit

This used to be one of my favorites, but they have been seriously demoted after finding out that most of the menu isn't truly vegetarian, let alone vegan. Basically anything deep fried, including many things you wouldn't expect, is deep fried in the one fryer they have, which is also used for meat dishes.

For instance, even the cashews go thru the fryer. Oh, you want the eggplant? Sorry! It goes in the deep fryer, too. What's that? Vegetarian spring roll? Nope! Also goes in the meat fryer. And so it went on and on trying to find something truly vegan.

Maybe there is a chance that our server was wrong, but it was very disheartening to say the least that, not only were many items not vegetarian, but that I had been mislead to think they were on the numerous other occasions I ate there.

Sorry to say that I am done with Erb Thai unless they mend their ways or prove that the server gave me bad information.

Updated from previous review on 2017-09-04

Pros: Vegan items available, although limited

Cons: One fryer that also is used for meat

Absolutely wonderful - Edit

Fast service and very tasty food. I love that they have seasonal specials and a varied menu year round. The only thing I have to do is ask for no egg to make most meals vegan. We have been several times and not once has anything been wrong! I love that you can customize spice levels. I like it hot and my husband likes it really hot! I love that tofu or vegetable is an option for most meals, so I can get protein with my meal.

Pros: Fast food, Great service, Fresh vegetables

Cons: Tea for 2 is in same size pot as for 1

Return to Grand Rapids Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Erb Thai closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.