Epic Arts Cafe

Contact 092922069

67 Oosaupia Muoy (at near Old Market), Kampot, Cambodia,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Established 2006, the idea for this cafe grew from a desire to provide work opportunities for deaf and disabled people as well as a hang-out for deaf students. Today, the cafe stands as a model for an inclusive working environment within the local community, providing employment for ten people and raising funds for the work of Epic Arts. Offers a few vegetarian items and can accommodate vegans for cold dishes. Plenty of fresh fruit smoothies and juices. Open Mon-Sun 7:00am-5:30pm.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Western, Juice bar, Take-out, Khmer, Non-veg

First Review by Anniegracexx

Inspiring menu and concept - Edit

There are LOADS of veggie things on the menu here.... and they are delicious and creative. As a long term veggie it is always exciting to find somewhere that serves things you haven't had before and puts as much emphasis on the vegetarian dishes as the rest of the menu. It is also such a wonderful organisation, supporting young Cambodians with disabilities. As some of the staff are hearing impaired you order using a menu sheet. They also make great juices if you are on a health kick. We were staying in Kep, but visited Kampot twice and lunched here on both occasions ... I would go as far as saying they served one of the yummiest salads I've had which included watercress, fresh grated coconut, red peppers and mango. I wish there was somewhere like this back home!

Updated from previous review on 2016-08-26

Pros: Great vegetarian options, Clean and welcoming , Efficient and friendly staff

Loved it - Edit

I was pleasantly surprised here, in multiple ways.

1. They have soy milk for coffee! This is a rarity in southeast Asia.
2. You can mark "vegan" on the ordering sheet, and they'll make sure anything you failed to ask about is taken care of to make your meal vegan.
3. The "hummus & olive bagel" turned out to be much more than I'd thought I was receiving. I expected just hummus & olives on a bagel. It came with all kinds of fresh vegetables, which was great. It was more like a filling sandwich, and I loved it.

The staff are super friendly, the space is great, and you're supporting a good cause. I loved it!

Pros: Friendly, Labels vegan items clearly, Soy milk for coffee!

Cons: Serves meat

Lovely Place - Edit

It's a cute place with good food for vegetarians and non vegetarians.
I had poached eggs with tomatoes, Capers, herbs and bread and my second dish was a Chick Pea & Couscous Salad. Both dishes were very delicious. Especially I love that hey offer a good choice of tea as I don't drink coffee or soft drinks or alcohol.

Pros: Friendly and attentive staff

A MUST - Edit

If you find yourself in Kampot, you MUST stop in to Epic Arts. I went here for almost every meal in my 3 days in the sleepy little waterside town. Wonderful staff and a great experience communicating with these incredibly hard-working deaf people. The menu is great! Wonderful prices and lots of veg options, awesome desserts too. Even have a shop where you can buy things handmade from local art students!

few but good vegan dishes :) - Edit

Lovely little cafe in kampot! Serves only a few vegan dishes... But all of them are well worth it! From paninis, humous, cous cous salads and yummy olive bagals! All staff are either death or disabled but ordering food is simple via the tick off menu. Ordering a dish without cheese etc was fairly easy, just jot it down next to the dish :) great organisation and good quality food!

Return to Kampot Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Epic Arts Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.