Enza's Italian Restaurant

Contact 904-268-4458

10601 San Jose Blvd (at 295), Jacksonville, Florida, USA, 32257

Serves meat, vegan options available. Vegan dishes are salad with house dressing, the garden pasta and the Sicilian pasta, or request pasta with oil and garlic, tomato or marinara sauce and have veggies of your choice added. Has a full bar. Tomato sauce is no longer vegan, but a veggie platter clearly marked "vegan" has been added to their menu. Specify "no cheese" as sometimes the chef will add Parmesan as reported to HappyCow.

Category: Lacto, Italian, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by pheasance

Cheating for seating.... - Edit

Reservations or having your name on the preferred list, does NOT help at this restaurant. I went there last night and when I arrived, I was told I need to wait about 20 min. About 40 min., later I went to talk to the hostess. Right when I was about to get to the front of the line, another woman cut me off and told the hostess that she was going to the bar and to please push her name to the top of the list. The hostess said: "no problem". The person was also on the preferred list, but listed much below me as she arrived 20 min after I did. So, they do not respect the waiting list. They manage it for whomever they want to. Then why have a list???

When I asked the hostess how much longer it was going to be, she said it could be between 20-50 more min. Mind you, that I had already waited 40 min and I was originally told it was going to be only 20 min. They give preferrential treatment to people, do not respect the order in which the guests arrive and cannot manage the timing of their tables. So not guest worth the wait. Respect other people's time and do not be so corrupt with the guest list! Never going back.

Cons: Long wait, Unethical hostess, Disrespectful

Our favorite place in Mandarin - Edit

We loved Enza's for the great food and friendly service, but since they moved to larger and newly decorated digs in the same shopping center, we love them even more. Pasta is not made with egg, so just request one of the meatless, cheeseless pasta dishes, or ask them to make something special (one suggestion: penne with olive oil and garlic with green and black olives added -- yum!). The new location is absolutely gorgeous and now features a full bar.

Vegans, just be sure to say "no garlic bread" when you are seated. Otherwise, it comes automatically. Non-pasta veggie dishes are also tasty. Try the vegetable platter or the spinach and garlic. Be warned: Since moving to the fancier facility AND adding television advertisements, this place gets busy, even on weeknights. Worth the wait, though. Reservations are accepted for parties of three or more.

Pros: delicious food, good value, friendly staff

Cons: popular, sometimes chilly

Return to Jacksonville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Enza's Italian Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1930 times since Mar 2008.