enVie A Vegan Kitchen

• ( 55 reviews )

5775 Charles St (at North End), Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, B3K 1K7

Vegan restaurant est. 2013 and is reported to be the first in this city. Offers a lunch and dinner menu through the week, brunch on weekends, and 5-course dinners. Has a to-go fridge and juice cleanses. Food is house-made including cheezes. Can cater for gluten, soy and nut allergies. Licensed. Open Wed-Thu 10:00am-1:00pm, Thu 4:00pm-8:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-8:00pm.

Categories: Vegan, American, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Catering, Canadian

First Review by Ali Lynn

erwinwolfe

Points +26

31 Oct 2021

Lovely Food and Staff

Had a variety of shared food; black bean soup, mushroom wings, Pad Thai and orange chick'n. All very tasty. Added a dollop of the dill dip from the wings to the bean soup OMG !! The staff were accommodating and very friendly .

Pros: All vegan, Wide variety, Professional

Cons: Need better exhaust fan in kitchen , Dining room has deep fry smell , A little on the expensive side but worth it

judydouma

Points +47

01 Oct 2021

Number one vegan spot!

I have been to more vegan restaurants than I can count on both hands, and this was by far the best vegan food we've come across! The chili cheeze fries completely blew me away! Very happy to have come to this spot -- highly recommend!

SaraNorlin

Points +526

27 Sep 2021

Good creative menu

Lots of great vegan options here! Cute always busy restaurant.

Veganup

Points +626

06 Sep 2021

Great burger

Had the burger with fries and the tacos at En Vie. Great food! We really loved the burger with great seitan bacon. They have a fridge at the front of the restaurant so we also took some food to go. We would definitely eat there again.

Updated from previous review on 2021-09-06

Pros: Fully vegan mdnu, Great burger, Great seitan bacon

AllisonN

Points +266

08 Jul 2020

Best vegan sit-down restaurant in the city

A trendy spot for a reason— En Vie strikes an impressive balance with elevated vegan food in a casual setting. Some omnivores in my acquaintance are hesitant to go to an all-vegan restaurant, but there are certainly dishes here to cater to all palates. Best vegan burger I’ve had in Halifax too!

They also have a refrigerator with some prepared to-go items (whole meals, vegan “meats”, juices, etc)

Mariakb

Points +351

18 Mar 2020

Delicious!

Love coming to envie, they have some really delicious items. I love that is all vegan and such a beautiful place. I’ve tried a few things, some better than others. The dumplings are amazing!

CDub

Points +158

17 Feb 2020

Sunday brunch is delish!

Had a great brunch at En vie. The full breakfast had nice variety and was tasty, especially the kale salad. The beet ketchup was a nice touch. Tofu skillet was colourful and yummy.

Pros: Flavour of food, Range of choices, Nice wait staff

Cons: Small space

ÉlizabethAllaire

Points +69

05 Feb 2020

Lovely place

I loved this place

Pros: Super tasty, Beautiful place

Cons: Pretty expensive

Samgood

Points +96

04 Jan 2020

Amazing mushroom wings

Envie does a few things very well. They never disappoint with the king oyster buffalo mushroom wings and blue cheese dipping sauce! The kale caesar salad is also very tasty. Charcuterie board is a wonderful shareable choice. Unfortunately I have found most of the main dishes disappointing over the years and the breakfast sandwich at brunch sounds great but has no flavour.

Pros: Lots of options, Mushroom wings to die for , Cute atmosphere

Cons: Expensive , Main courses often lack flavour

MichelleMaria

Points +74

09 Nov 2019

New Favourite

I ordered the incredible full breakfast, and oh my, it did not disappoint! Absolutely everything was beyond delicious. The staff was also very friendly and warm. I can’t wait to go again.

Pros: Flavorful/delicious food, Warm and inviting staff

ChristopherInfantry

Points +219

23 Oct 2019

Buffalo wings & teriyaki bowl

These two options were the best of what we tried and we tried quite a bit!

stp-oneplantatatime

Points +20

28 Aug 2019

LOVE !

It wasn’t very busy when I went, but the atmosphere was great. The staff were friendly and welcoming, and I overall loved the look of the place (it’s really cute and clean). The menu was a bit short on options but everything I ate was amazing! I just wish the appetizers were a little less expensive so I could have tried more.

Definitely will go again (and non veggie friend loved it as well!)

Pros: Great staff/atmosphere , Delicious food, Good portion size

Cons: Expensive, Few options

raphalla

Points +597

18 Aug 2019

If you could eat the ambience...

We were near to Halifax Citadel. Upon walking to the restaurant with vegan option (The foggy google), we decided that, instead of paying 16$ per main course for lunch at a non-vege place, we might as well go to the other vege restaurant near by for the same price. This one is around 1 km from where we were. I liked the ambience and deco of the restaurant. The restaurant table was setup a bit like the fine dinning. i guess, combine with that, this explained the price. We had oyster mushroom wings. In order to have the mushrooms looked like the wings, they just deep fried the big chunk of mushroom. Oyster mushroom tends to be very chewy. It is almost impossible to chew such a big chunk, well, that was why they gave a knife (which i didn't know why in the beginning). The crust of the wing was hard and kind of tasted "old", another good reason for the knife too. We had teriyaki bowl. The rice was soaked in the over sweet teriyaki sauce. Pad Thai was ok. Is a good place to hang out with friend, but really not sure about the food.

Pros: Ambience

Cons: Price, Not kids friendly

Sam75

Points +271

24 Jul 2019

Best Vegan Food in Halifax

EnVie, for me, is superior to all the other entirely vegan/vegetarian restaurants in Halifax. The appetizers are amazing. The staff are super friendly and accommodating. The restaurant itself is beautiful, though small. I keep going back, time after time. I would highly recommend the dumplings!

Pros: friendly staff, amazing food

Cons: lack of seating, pricey

Cherylmik

Points +31

23 Jun 2019

Wonderful find!

Rather than trying to put together a whole meal using sides, enVie A Vegan made it difficult to order because of all the wonderful options! The lentil soup was absolutely delicious! We followed that with two different salads that were amazingly delectable each in their own right! They have a very full menu offering the very best of vegan fare!

SerenaA

Points +112

22 Jun 2019

Delicious!

Nice ambiance, lovely staff and yummy foods. I had the pulled tofu bbq tacos, my boyfriend had the "meatball" sandwich on focaccia bread with chili cheese fries and my sister and her partner each had thr special which was a teriyaki rice bowl. All great, recommend all.

CLRtraveller

Points +4719

12 Jun 2019

Wonderful vegan food

First visit, I wanted to try several things, so I ordered the small size soup-of-the-day, corn chowder; roasted Brussels sprouts with lemongrass miso dressing; lettuce wraps with crumbled soy and hoisin sauce; and a peanut butter cup to take away. All very good. I really liked the corn chowder. The Brussels sprouts dish was not an appetizer size but a large, shareable size. I am determined to return for the scrumptious-sounding gingerbread dessert.

Pros: all vegan, tasty food, great desserts

wallaceJlyn

Points +242

02 Jun 2019

Time and effort in my meal

Hey, this restaurant is definitely a must try. Worth drive... well thought out vegan creativity and good use of spices for tastes. Enjoyed the entire dining experience.

Pros: Open hours are convenient , Friendly staff, Taste the love and creativity

ChloeBray

Points +71

13 May 2019

Quality vegan food

Tasty food, cute atmosphere, and friendly service! The food was good but not out-of-this-word good, and the portions were a bit small. They do have a pretty interesting menu though and if I’m ever back in Halifax I would probably go again to try something new.

JER21

Points +160

05 May 2019

Coffee + delicious vegan cookie

Stopped in for a latte to go. Option of almond, soy or coconut milk. Bought a delicious vegan cookie.

Pros: Lots of seating, To-go fridge of snacks and food, Caters to all food preferences, GF

AllisonRoy

Points +110

14 Feb 2019

The best of the best

My boyfriend asked what I wanted for my birthday... I said the "chesse" sticks from EnVie!! We live five hours away. Still, they're worth every bit of the drive!!

Pros: Best vegan app i've ever had, Life changing vegan experience, I'm considering moving to Halifax

MelissaEverhart

Points +64

15 Oct 2018

Good food

The Brussels sprouts are amazing. I also like the beet salad. And cheeze burger. A little pricey for what it is though.

BruceJ

Points +16

28 Aug 2018

Surprisingly DISAPPOINTED

Online reviews brought us in the door but skimpy cauliflower tacos (view website picture and imagine 1/3 ingredients) and $1.50 for 2Tbsp extra salad dressing that seemed missing in the first place on the Taco Salad, will keep us away. Expected better. Sorry.

atomheart

Points +71

28 Jul 2018

Vegan garlic fingers... nice

My meat-eating buddies took me here for dinner during my visit in Halifax. First time eating Nova Scotia “garlic finger” pizza, which was super tasty! My buddies were entirely impressed with the vegan cuisine. Really nice place!

Pros: Entirely vegan restaurant = life is good

Cons: Not a huge selection on the menu

Fang

Points +308

14 Jun 2018

Great Expectations

The menu descriptions were wonderful, the reviews great. The reality...fell short of both. The best dish of the evening was the bao - steamed buns with marinated tofu and condiments. Just beautiful. If I were to be fussy, I’d say the buns could be smaller and less doughy. We also picked three items from the charcuterie plate - the smoked cheddar cheese, the basil ricotta and the fried mushroom scallops. All three were good,but their delicate flavours were overwhelmed by the pickles and condiments. Rather than letting diners choose three options from the charcuterie selection, and serving them with bits and pieces that may or may not go down well, I would suggest that the chef marries her/his beautiful in-house cheeses and other creations to appropriate accompaniments. For mains we had the pizza and the cauliflower tacos. Both were disappointing - the tacos cold and lacking in flavour, and the pizza doughy and chewy. The service was excellent and the organic wine beautiful. The place has a buzz. Not sure that that would make me go back.

lancethedesigner

Points +34

17 May 2018

Vegan food done damn well.

When it comes to Vegan food, they're one of the best in Halifax. Their menu strikes a balance between comfort food and more adventurous fare, and I can't think of a single thing that I haven't liked. My current favourites have to be the cauliflower steak, the caesar salad, their burgers, their pad thai, and for brunch their scramble skillet is off the hook amazing, and a large portion. They're in an up and coming hip neighbourhood, right next to some funky bars (Lion & Bright is a great one to check out and right around the corner in the same building). Can't recommend them enough. Interior is also a great atmosphere, a mix of upscale and hip.

CathSJ

Points +38

19 Feb 2018

delicious

From the pad Thai to the kale salad to the chocolate mousse and pumpkin cheesecake. Delicious!! Everything is yummy!!

Return to Halifax Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has enVie A Vegan Kitchen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.