Ennis Gourmet Store Bistro

065 6843314

1 Old Barrack St, Ennis, Ireland

Serves meat, vegan options available. Grocery store with cafe inside. Offers several veggie choices in sandwiches and tapas, a few of which are vegan suitable. Owner is familiar with the vegan diet and could make a tapas plates for you - be sure to specify. Products are all local. The atmosphere is relaxed. Open Mon-Sun 8:00am-8:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, European, French, Irish, Non-veg

First Review by elfmaiden713

Good Food, Weird Service - Edit

The food was good, albeit lacking a bit in variety. There is no seating inside, so the weather will have a lot of say in how enjoyable a meal is. Fortunately, it was a beautiful evening when we visited. It is very difficult to describe the waiter we had. He seemed annoyed by pretty much everybody and everything. To be fair, it is hard to know whether or not he was just having an off day, but we’ve never seen service quite like what he was providing for everybody. All of that aside, we had a good meal at a good price in a good location.

Pros: good food, good prices

Cons: lack of variety

Fun and Unexpected - Edit

My boyfriend and I happened across this place while we were in Ireland last year. Veg*ns are very short on food options in most of Ireland, especially in small towns, but we were enticed by their local cheese offerings and asked for a custom lunch platter. They were not very familiar with vegetarianism (it's often confused with pescetarianism in Ireland) but asked us about our diet before putting anything on the plate. When the owners were done, we had in front of us a lovely array of good Irish brown bread, dried fruit, pickled veg, and several artisanal cheeses. When the owners' friends came in for tea, we all chatted together about our vacation and the Ennis sports culture. It was lots of fun, and I'd definitely go back if I return to Ireland.

Pros: Conscientious staff, Food is all local

Cons: No vegan options

Return to Ennis Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Ennis Gourmet Store Bistro closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.