Ennis Gourmet Store Bistro

065 6843314

1 Old Barrack St, Ennis, Ireland,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Grocery store with cafe inside. Offers several veggie choices in sandwiches and tapas, a few of which are vegan suitable. Owner is familiar with the vegan diet and could make a tapas plates for you - be sure to specify. Products are all local. The atmosphere is relaxed. Open Mon-Sun 8:00am-8:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, European, French, Irish, Non-veg

First Review by elfmaiden713

Fun and Unexpected - Edit

My boyfriend and I happened across this place while we were in Ireland last year. Veg*ns are very short on food options in most of Ireland, especially in small towns, but we were enticed by their local cheese offerings and asked for a custom lunch platter. They were not very familiar with vegetarianism (it's often confused with pescetarianism in Ireland) but asked us about our diet before putting anything on the plate. When the owners were done, we had in front of us a lovely array of good Irish brown bread, dried fruit, pickled veg, and several artisanal cheeses. When the owners' friends came in for tea, we all chatted together about our vacation and the Ennis sports culture. It was lots of fun, and I'd definitely go back if I return to Ireland.

Pros: Conscientious staff, Food is all local

Cons: No vegan options

Return to Ennis Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Ennis Gourmet Store Bistro closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.